Our Puppy is in the hospital - Update on pg2 - he's home

janette

DIS Veteran
I found an empty and chewed up bottle of our older dog's Rimadyl this morning. Called the vet, not sure when or how many but since it is way more than the puppy should have they had us take him to the emergency vet. They have him on fluids and checked his blood work. Everything looks okay so hopefully he'll get to come home in the morning.

The bottle must have fallen off the counter, it was child proof but not puppy proof. Not really looking forward to the final bill but better to be safe and make sure it isn't in his system.

This is a picture of Tyler my 8yo DD took in the snow this week.

fc94daef.jpg

Oh my. We had to have our dog Sasha's stomach pumped once when she ate the other dog's pills. She climbed up on the kitchen chair to steal it off the table. She ate the whole bottle, but was just fine.

Pixie dust to all of you. Hope your baby is doing fine by tomorrow.

Awww, what a cutie. I hope he is alright after eating that Rimadyl and also hoping the Vet bill isn't as high as you fear. But our fur babies are worth saving and worth the money.

OMG, your dog looks just like our Gracie. Is he a Maltese??? Gracie is 1 1/2 and looks just like him.

Melinda

He's a Bichon Frise.

Your right Katholyn, the money isnt' a big deal they already gave me an estimate and it will probably be less since it was for 2 days and they expect he'll be okay before then. It has made me consider that it maybe a good time to get pet insurance though ;) This is relatively minor so I can imagine that if he was really sick it could add up very fast. I'd spend whatever it took.

Originally posted by nativetxn
But our fur babies are worth saving and worth the money.

I couldn't have said it better.:D Big {{{hugs}}} for a little puppy.

I hope he comes home soon. Puppies are just like another child.

Awww, poor little guy. I'm glad to hear he'll be back home soon. Boy, puppies can get to everything! :D

He's not doing as well as hoped :( Still vomiting and they are worried about him having an obstruction in his stomach. We did find a shoe that he had been chewing on so that is probably part of it too. They are doing some more tests to check but worst case would be surgery. Hoping for good news from the test back later tonight.

Oh, Janette!

I fell in love with Tyler's ice pictures. That's one little dog with a lot of energy and personality!! It sounds like he's being well looked after, and will be ready to give the big dogs a run for their money again real soon.

Hugs to all of you, and I'll be thinking of your sweet little furball.

Sorry to hear about the additional problem, Janette. :( And hoping he does well over the next day or so. My best for him and all of you.

Oh no!!! :(

I'm so sorry to hear your puppy is sick Janette!! :( I hope whatever it is they fix him up soon. .

Aww. I sure hope your puppy pulls through okay. Keep us updated!

Hope your little furry one is well and home soon!

Puppy's are worse then children for getting into things... and with those teeth... they can manage to get into just about anything.

I sure hope his situation improves today and you get some good news soon. He is absolutely adorable. :)

Hope everything turns out ok. I know what those emergency runs are like.

Good luck...saying a prayer for your little fur baby.

Lisajl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter