Our ME experience

Jazzysmom

Earning My Ears
We arrived at MCO and headed straight for the ME area, along the way we saw CMs with the Mickey gloves all around us just waiting to give assistance. When we got to the counter the line seemed long but was definately barable. Since we had received our tags a few days prior we got through the line and went to wait for our bus to Coronado Springs. We only waited a few minutes before we were led to the bus, and ended up stopping at Pop Century before arriving at Coronado. The driver did not show the video which surprised me because of the amount of children on the bus, my DD (8) was quite disappointed that she didn't get to see it....

We got to Coronado, unloaded, and went to check in. They had our room ready, which surprised me because we were early, and off we were. The only problem we experienced was when we returned to our room later on that night our luggage wasn't there. I called bell services and they said they didn't know where it was. Okay, we had things in our carry on so I just decided to call back in the morning. Next day I went down to see what was going on, and they still didn't know where our luggage was at. The manager gave us a credit so we could get something to wear from the gift shop and told us he'd call us once he found out what had happened.

30 minutes later as we were getting ready to leave for our bus, the phone rings, they had our bags the whole time.......in another room 2 floors above ours. Apparently someone wrote the wrong room number on the tags and took them to a room that was unoccupied. So technically it wasn't a problem with ME, it was with bell services. Otherwise our experience was wonderful!! The only thing I didn't like was having to leave so early for MCO to return home. The lines at MCO were nonexistant, so we ended up sitting in the terminal for a long while before take off.

do you think it is possible for you to ask for a later pickup to be taken back to the airport? 3 hours before seems like a lot of leaway especially for a domestic flight.

I will be using ME in September so I am sure any bugs will be worked out by then! Thanks for testing :)

Ugeeeee! Venting here:) Golf clubs are not something I can take as carryon. We have a tee time the day we arrive and sounds as though we won't have our clubs to even play. Ya know when I booked my golfing they said oh "your bags will beat you there don't worry." Ya right. Not a single person who has used ME had there bags when they got to their hotel. Nobody! To rent clubs defeats the purpose and isn't cheap either. Thanks for listening. :)

7 days left for first disney trip :)

try sticking around adn wait for your clubs yourself. Once you have your clubs and other bags, then go to the ME. They can load it onthe same bus as you! I am sure you will make your tee time that way!!

what course are you playing and what's your handicap??

I was wondering that myself-can you get your own luggage and take it with you on the bus?

hojo said:
do you think it is possible for you to ask for a later pickup to be taken back to the airport? 3 hours before seems like a lot of leaway especially for a domestic flight.
Don't ask for a later bus. Some slop is built into the scheduling in case something unexpected happens including the bus being full when it gets to your resort. Also the bus may make a few stops on the way to the airport.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/magicx.htm

Georgieut said:
Ugeeeee! Venting here:) Golf clubs are not something I can take as carryon. We have a tee time the day we arrive and sounds as though we won't have our clubs to even play. Ya know when I booked my golfing they said oh "your bags will beat you there don't worry." Ya right. Not a single person who has used ME had there bags when they got to their hotel. Nobody! To rent clubs defeats the purpose and isn't cheap either. Thanks for listening. :)

7 days left for first disney trip :)

Don't put the ME tag on your golf clubs. Go to the baggage pick up and get them. Take them with you to check in for ME and have them put under the bus. I wouldn't do it with all of my luggage, but the clubs yes.

Duds

hojo said:

I will be using ME in September so I am sure any bugs will be worked out by then! Thanks for testing :)
3 hours is actually a good time. Depending on which resort you're staying at, it could potentially take 45 minutes to get to the airport. You should always get to the airport 2hrs prior to departure anyway, to allow plenty of time to get through security, and if any blips happen to occur.

Even if one is to take a town car, you should still leave 2hrs 45 minutes prior to flight departure time. Of course, based on what I've seen and experienced on the roads, the taxis and towncars tend to speed, which is why they're able to get you to the airport a bit quicker.

we are at WDW on 6/23 at port orleans, riverside. am nervous about the ME sending tags and info in time and then if all will go well at MCO. yourpost was reassuring.

Tyler-could you please discribe the buses? Are they air cond motorcoaches with underneath baggage compartments, restroom etc?

mom_rules said:
Tyler-could you please discribe the buses? Are they air cond motorcoaches with underneath baggage compartments, restroom etc?
I've never actually been on one. However, I do know that they are 2005 VanHool C2045 motorcoaches. They are of course air conditioned. The interior features plush red seats, sprinkled with pixie dust. They also feature multiple LCD monitors. They are very nice motorcoaches.

Thanks Tyler. Appreciate the info-shouldn't you be driving one of these?lol

mom_rules said:

Not Tyler here, but I CAN describe the buses. Yes, A/C. Bathrooms? I have no idea. Very comfy, plush burgundy velour (?) upholstery, TV screens coming our of the ceiling (like on some airplanes). There are baggage compartments underneath, into which go most of the carry-ons passengers have. You can hold onto stuff, but you can't take so much you have to use a passenger seat for it. You can store things on your lap, under the seat, or on the open shelf above your head (no doors like on airplanes, but a cord to deter things from falling down).

It was a very comfy, pleasant ride. COmfya dn plush are the two words that keep running through my mind when I think of the buses.

Back to bathrooms for a moment. Like I said, I don't recall, and I also don't recall seeing anyone walking up and down the aisle as if to use a bathroom at the back of the bus. Keep in mind that you'll be on the bus like maybe an hour or so (I was on for 28 minutes, lucky me!).

-- Eric :earsboy:

Chip 'n Dale Express said:
Yes, there is a bathroom on board. It's smaller than an airline restroom, though.

Wow. Didn't think that could be possible!

And to add about the ME busses, the seats recline rather nicely and you have a little footrest that comes out from the seat in front of you.

Thank you so much for the info! So, I'm guessing that they are similar to the DCL buses but more up to date?

Ours had monitors as well but 1/2 of them were not working on our bus. I think the trip was just over an hour but seemed like forever without "TV"-I think the kids onboard would have loved some cartoons.

Exactly. The DCL coaches are 1997 VanHool T2145's, whereas the DME coaches are 2005 VanHool C2045's. Newer, and slightly different model, but same brand.

I do have to say, for a coach that is 8 years old, the DCL coaches for the most part are holding up quite well, at least as far as it appears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter