Our Holiday Trip to Swan-12/27-1/2

ctkmom3kidz

Earning My Ears
To all of my DIS friends I apologize about my delay in replying. It has been a hectic month since we returned DH has been traveling on business all month-he has been home only 8 nights in Jan. My hat is off to all the single mom's out there... I am worn out juggling schedules for 3 kids and carpools.

DAY ONE WEDNESDAY 12/27
ICE still covers AR and the airport is still closed. We were w/o power last night but it's back on by 10 am. Thank goodness, there are over 100,000 homes in AR w/o power. I really did not want to leave the house having no power.The airport has been closed for 3 days andd
is supposed to open by 1pm.Our flight on Delta is scheduled at 5:30pm.
The airport opened at 12:30pm. Luckily we parked a car by the main road in our neighborhood. The main roads are passable and DH feels that we can get to the airport. The interstate to the airport is open and cleared. WE MAKE IT.....
Waiting at the airport is crazy .... there are people who have been there since XMAS when the airport closed 2 days ago. If this flight doesn't get out we will be bumped till after New Years.
The flight leaves and we have escaped the cold and ice.I never have heard so many people cheer when we actually take off 1 hour late. We are flying to ATL and then to JAX ( saved us over $150 a ticket times five people).
The only problem with our flightswas in ATL. we had to wait over 1 hour past departure because a flight attendant didn't show up and we have to wait for a replacement. Now we are getting into JAX at 12:50am instead of 11:40 pm and we are driving to WDW that night. The rental car with National went smoothly. There isn't any Emerald Aisle here but CS person told us the biggest FS to get-worked out great. It is 68 degrees and we are thrilled not to see ICE everywhere.
The trip from the Airport to WDW was smooth, there was some construction w/in Jacksonville but on a early Thurs at 1am with no holdup. I am glad we are driving it at night.We are able to go 70-75 with light traffic.All the kids are asleep and we arrive at the Swan at 3:30 am.
Check in was a breeze....
Actually there were some other people checking in and out when we arrived.
We are thrilled with our room on the 12th floor. We are in the large bedroom of the Governor's Suite, and it looks out over the Dolphin. It is very spacious with a King bed and we were able to put a 2 rollaways in with no problem.
The bathroom is every woman's dream, a full size Jacquzzi bath, 2 sinks, a walk in shower and a
separate toilet area.
The bath is stocked with "special ammenties" Crabtree and Evelyn shampoos and soaps. I am too tired to care at this point and drift off to sleep in my luxurious bed-triple sheeted bed and a soft comforter....

Day #2
I had such a great nite sleep, I slept in till 10:30 am-well when u are up till 4 am guess it's ok to sleep in. We have a beautiful view out of our window on the 12 th floor. We look towards the Dolphin and can see the BW area and the S/D pools. Too bad it's to cold and rainy to swim. Kids are disappointed.
We missed breakfast at the club Level ( serves till 10 am). Well the bad weather must be following us, it is overcast and pouring raining.
A good morning to regroup and rest after our travel day. The kids love the jacquzzi and take trns having a relaxing bath. We head to the Dolphin for Brunch actually it's 2pm. The lunch the the "Coral Cafe" is fabulous. Kids meals were good and DH's fish was delicious. My Filet was so tender and mashed potatoes were great. This was the best filet I had in WDW.

Honeymoon 10/82
Wyndam Palace 3/91
Dixie Landings 3/91
Swan 7/91
Wyndam Palace 3/95
Disneyland 3/98
Magic Cruise 5/00
Poly Concerige 6/00
Swan 12/00 including New Years
Dolphin 3/01
Magic Cruise 3/02

[This message was edited by ctkmom3kidz on 02-11-01 at 09:16 PM.]

Wow, sounds like a dream I had the other night. Thanks for posting, Can't wait to read about your first day in Disney.

val-06sm.jpg

Good job getting out of the awful ice! Sounds like you're busy but if you have time could you post any differences in Dolphin vs Swan Club? Looking forward to the rest of your trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter