Our guide is gone...

jgazda

DIS Veteran
So we called in tonight to our guide to FINALLY add on to our contract and found out she left Disney. :eek: I feel like I have lost a member of the family. She was amazing and sent us birthday cards and a card when we got married last year and always wanted to see our trip pictures. I'm really going to miss her. The new guide they gave us is nice and all, but it's just not the same. Am I nuts?

No not at all. It's nice to keep and touch with you're guide. Hopefully your new guide will grow on you.

What is your guide's name (that is gone?)? Please don't say it is Judy Kaufman, love her!

did she work at the doorway to dreams in schaumburg?
our guide emailed us on Monday, to personally tell us she was let go. She was awesome. we are totally bummed:sad2: it was not luann. she told us to keep in touch and gave us her personal email address. we went there ofter to visit, say hi, get a disney fix for a day. she said it was b/c of the economy. they have certain goals they had to meet and with the way things are, it was very tough. she gave us a guide she would recommend there. it is kind of ironic, disney is suppose to be the happiest place in the world and they do this.

our guide emailed us on Monday, to personally tell us she was let go. She was awesome. we are totally bummed:sad2: it was not luann. she told us to keep in touch and gave us her personal email address. we went there ofter to visit, say hi, get a disney fix for a day. she said it was b/c of the economy. they have certain goals they had to meet and with the way things are, it was very tough. she gave us a guide she would recommend there. it is kind of ironic, disney is suppose to be the happiest place in the world and they do this.

Yes she did work in that store. We just saw her a week ago too so I was surprised she was suddenly gone. Like you we visited many times for the same reasons. I hope we hear from her soon.

Wow! I just got that recent promo e-mail "signed" by Luanne yesterday.

Although she was only our assigned guide for the past few months, she sounded really nice... (After my initial guide passed away.)

Wow! I just got that recent promo e-mail "signed" by Luanne yesterday.

Although she was only our assigned guide for the past few months, she sounded really nice... (After my initial guide passed away.)

We did too. That's what prompted the phone call about adding on. I feel bad we finally decided to make the leap right after she left.

I haven't spoke to my guide for sometime, Brad Smith, did get a bulk email yesterday with his name on it tho? Hope he survived the ax falling. Shawnpirate:

our guide was diane manual. we got a call today from the guide who will be our new one. his name is derek from the doorway to dreams. she recommended him to us. i am still bummed about her leaving. at least we can still stay in touch with her. :)

Was it Diane? I had just started working with her last week. She also emailed me Monday and I am completing my purchase with Derek, who is just great.

Wow it sounds like several people left that store. And I thought they were doing so well.

... she said it was b/c of the economy. they have certain goals they had to meet and with the way things are, it was very tough. she gave us a guide she would recommend there. it is kind of ironic, disney is suppose to be the happiest place in the world and they do this.

DVC Guides are salespeople. If they don't make quotas, then there are consequences. I am sorry to hear this, but in this economy it is far from surprising. There have even been big layoffs at WDW at the parks and resorts...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter