Our Grandest Trip Ever... Literally! - August 2019 PTR *TR LINK POSTED 8/25*

So now you have even less excuses for why you haven't ridden Flight of Passage by the end of this trip?

Works for me.

giphy.gif

P.S. Might need to sneak my way into this event for Koda and Kenai ngl

So now you have even less excuses for why you haven't ridden Flight of Passage by the end of this trip?

Works for me.

giphy.gif

P.S. Might need to sneak my way into this event for Koda and Kenai ngl

I'm going to spite you by skipping our FOP FP+ plans and riding TriceraTop Spin all night

The MM offering looks great! I hope you guys get to see Kevin. The whole character just looks so cool walking around the park: she's very well done.

I'm so excited for our first MNSSHP. We go on 8/27, so I'll be stalking reports from the first few parties for exactly how the new fireworks and sick impact crowd flow.

If you're a fellow Jersey-an, stay safe in this heat!

Yeah, I had an 8 mile run on my training schedule this morning. Despite dragging my butt out of bed to hit the road at 6:30am (ugh!), it was already over 80 degrees with a "real feel" temp of 90. This heat wave is awful!

The MM offering looks great! I hope you guys get to see Kevin. The whole character just looks so cool walking around the park: she's very well done.

I'm so excited for our first MNSSHP. We go on 8/27, so I'll be stalking reports from the first few parties for exactly how the new fireworks and sick impact crowd flow.

Yeah, I had an 8 mile run on my training schedule this morning. Despite dragging my butt out of bed to hit the road at 6:30am (ugh!), it was already over 80 degrees with a "real feel" temp of 90. This heat wave is awful!

I hope we get to see Kevin, too! I was just thinking the same thing-- they definitely put a lot of love into bringing her to the parks!

I'm really excited to see the new Fireworks show, too! I will definitely keep you in the loop after the party and PM you with how the crowds were!

Isn't it the most disgusting weather ever? My camp has minimal air conditioning, and not a lot of things to do indoors... so of course, all my campers want to do is go outside and play on the swings :faint: We must have colored our way through three books this week alone.

MagicBands are On Their Way!
So we have good news, and we have bad news.

The good news is that our MagicBands shipped this morning at 5:01 AM! As of this post, the Bands are in pre-shipment, and USPS is awaiting them! Following MagicBand shipping patterns from the past, I would be surprised if the Bands made it to us before Monday, 7/29. That's the official day I estimate they'll be in our hands!

The bad news is that I screwed up linking dad and Grace's retail MagicBands. Royally.

Like I posted about earlier, even though we went ahead and ordered the usual solid color resort MagicBands, mom and dad really wanted special MBs for this trip, so we all bought retail MBs at retail price while the Disney store was having a free shipping event. So today, I decided to link our MagicBands to our account.

First of all: we have had so many problems with Disney accounts over the years. When they switched servers back in, like, 2013 (2012?), they wouldn't allow us to log into the accounts associate with our email addresses, nor would the server allow us to make new accounts with the same emails. So we had to like, create whole new email addresses for the sole purpose of booking Disney trips.

Mom and I have separate Disney accounts. We used to book everything on her Disney account, but when I turned 18, I started booking everything on my Disney account and just linked her to me. Dad and Grace don't have Disney accounts, so we've been using "ghost" Thomases and Graces, which was fine before we were DVC and AP. However, there are now two different Thomases and two different Graces: there's the Thomas & Grace that were associated with Mom's account, and the Thomas & Grace that are now associated with my account. Does this make sense so far?

Okay, so I logged into mom's account to link her Minnie MagicBand, and like a Fool, I forgot to log out and back onto mine before linking dad and Grace's MB. So I linked them to the old Thomas and Grace "ghost profiles," which are not linked to this Resort reservation or their APs. So I basically linked two untransferable MBs to two completely useless profiles. :upsidedow

Accidents happen. Frequently, I'd like to add, whenever the Disney website is involved.

The good news is, like I said, we still have those resort MBs en route to us, and Dad & Grace weren't upset, knowing that Disney has had a host of serious problems with their website in the past. Dad thinks he has a small enough screwdriver to undo the screws in the MagicBand pucks, so they'll be able to use the Grumpy and Tinker Bell shells with the correct pucks in the middle!

Other than this mishap, we've had a pretty great weekend of shopping for the trip so far. I got, like, four pairs of shorts for vacation, and the rest of the family got a lot of clothes, too! Dad is all giddy because I introduced him to the world of Comfort Colors. He said he wanted T-Shirts for vacation, and I told him I had just bought a plain Comfort Colors tee on Amazon for like $7. He really liked the quality of the shirt I got, so we ordered him like four for the vacation. Everyone else got shorts and a bathing suit this weekend!

MagicBands are On Their Way!
So we have good news, and we have bad news.

The good news is that our MagicBands shipped this morning at 5:01 AM! As of this post, the Bands are in pre-shipment, and USPS is awaiting them! Following MagicBand shipping patterns from the past, I would be surprised if the Bands made it to us before Monday, 7/29. That's the official day I estimate they'll be in our hands!

The bad news is that I screwed up linking dad and Grace's retail MagicBands. Royally.

Like I posted about earlier, even though we went ahead and ordered the usual solid color resort MagicBands, mom and dad really wanted special MBs for this trip, so we all bought retail MBs at retail price while the Disney store was having a free shipping event. So today, I decided to link our MagicBands to our account.

First of all: we have had so many problems with Disney accounts over the years. When they switched servers back in, like, 2013 (2012?), they wouldn't allow us to log into the accounts associate with our email addresses, nor would the server allow us to make new accounts with the same emails. So we had to like, create whole new email addresses for the sole purpose of booking Disney trips.

Mom and I have separate Disney accounts. We used to book everything on her Disney account, but when I turned 18, I started booking everything on my Disney account and just linked her to me. Dad and Grace don't have Disney accounts, so we've been using "ghost" Thomases and Graces, which was fine before we were DVC and AP. However, there are now two different Thomases and two different Graces: there's the Thomas & Grace that were associated with Mom's account, and the Thomas & Grace that are now associated with my account. Does this make sense so far?

Okay, so I logged into mom's account to link her Minnie MagicBand, and like a Fool, I forgot to log out and back onto mine before linking dad and Grace's MB. So I linked them to the old Thomas and Grace "ghost profiles," which are not linked to this Resort reservation or their APs. So I basically linked two untransferable MBs to two completely useless profiles. :upsidedow

Accidents happen. Frequently, I'd like to add, whenever the Disney website is involved.

The good news is, like I said, we still have those resort MBs en route to us, and Dad & Grace weren't upset, knowing that Disney has had a host of serious problems with their website in the past. Dad thinks he has a small enough screwdriver to undo the screws in the MagicBand pucks, so they'll be able to use the Grumpy and Tinker Bell shells with the correct pucks in the middle!

Other than this mishap, we've had a pretty great weekend of shopping for the trip so far. I got, like, four pairs of shorts for vacation, and the rest of the family got a lot of clothes, too! Dad is all giddy because I introduced him to the world of Comfort Colors. He said he wanted T-Shirts for vacation, and I told him I had just bought a plain Comfort Colors tee on Amazon for like $7. He really liked the quality of the shirt I got, so we ordered him like four for the vacation. Everyone else got shorts and a bathing suit this weekend!
Have you considered trying to call it and have them merge the ghost accounts? Then, the mbs would be good again. You could have them managed under yours and then share them with your mom so she has access, too.

Have you considered trying to call it and have them merge the ghost accounts? Then, the mbs would be good again. You could have them managed under yours and then share them with your mom so she has access, too.

You suppose they can do that??? I'll call IT this week!

Make sure to line up early for that one 😅

We'll run straight there after we get off of FOP to make sure we're the first in line with our autograph books out and ready

I'm so confused right now. But yay for screwdrivers!

It's really convoluted and I don't really know how to explain it any better. The main thing is that our Disney account situation is extremely screwed up, and I screwed up linking the MBs to old guest profiles that are not linked to this resort reservation or dad and Grace's annual passes. Yay for screwdrivers!

Moonlight Magic sounds like it will be a lot of fun!!

I hope it will be!

I'm sorry about the MB band issue, that stinks!!

It stinks, but we'll be okay! Lesson learned for next time!

Mom wants to see Rivers of Light this year. We have a FP+ at 8:05 for the 8:45 showing, but I think it might be smarter if we got in the standby line for KS after our FOP FP+, and if we miss ROL's 8:45 showing, we can see the the 10:30 DVC member showing instead.
Yeah, that seems like a good decision. RoL during MM will be much less crowded.
You suppose they can do that??? I'll call IT this week!
They most definitely can do it. You can even do it yourself!

Go to one of your accounts "Family and Friends". For each of them, click "update", then "invite to connect". Put the other person's email address. They (you or your mom) will get an alert and can then merge the accounts. But Disney IT would also be able to help if you don't want to worry about messing it up!

I think they can. My friend was having an issues with profiles because her FIL, DH, and DS area all the same name, just jr, 3rd, and 4th. They were able to clean up profiles for her that were all messed up.

Oh, good!! I'll call Disney when I have a minute (or 60) and get it sorted out, then! Thank you!

Yeah, that seems like a good decision. RoL during MM will be much less crowded.

That's what I was thinking, too!

They most definitely can do it. You can even do it yourself!

Go to one of your accounts "Family and Friends". For each of them, click "update", then "invite to connect". Put the other person's email address. They (you or your mom) will get an alert and can then merge the accounts. But Disney IT would also be able to help if you don't want to worry about messing it up!

Awesome! I will definitely give Disney IT a call once I'm able to so that we can get things settled. Thank you for explaining!

Strike Up the Band
Guess who arrived yesterday?

They're a little tardy to the party.

*snaps fingers*

That's better!

...Kind of. My camera, Mr. Smee, did not want to take photos today, unfortunately. He was all angry about the way the sun was coming into our kitchen.

I'm extremely surprised that they got here so quickly! They shipped out on Monday, and they went straight from Florida to New Jersey, which shocked me, because for our 2018 and 2017 trips, they went to Illinois and Pennsylvania on some convoluted National Tour of Frustration. Great job this time, USPS! You got them from Point A to Point B in a reasonable time frame and with everything still in tact! Gold star for you!

Our bands for this trip are:

Me: Purple/Millennial Pink. I'm really excited to finally have the millennial pink band! I will probably be using this one for a while.
Grace: Blue/Tinker Bell. She wasn't actually thrilled about any of the bands she saw on Shop Disney, but settled on Tinker Bell because she liked the pink used in the background.
Mom: Red/Minnie Mouse. Mom really loved the Minnie Mouse band, and her MNSSHP is going to be Minnie Mouse, so she chose this one!
Dad: Orange/Grumpy. Grumpy is dad's favorite character! He always needs more Grumpy merchandise, so we obviously had to grab this one for him.

My shirt for MNSSHP also came in the mail yesterday, and I absolutely adore it! I guess this means I should probably start packing? There are a lot of clothes for this trip that are sacred, and will absolutely not be worn until I'm down there. However, I've been putting off the daunting task of packing because TBH, there are winter clothes stashed in my suitcase that I have nowhere else to put and therefore have to own up to my life choices and start cleaning out my closet.

Now comes the slowest leg of the pre-Disney vacation countdown: the time in between the MagicBands arriving and the time we leave for Florida. We have 23 days left, so a little more than 3 weeks, which is crazy to me. But it's always this last month that kills me! This summer has flown by so far, but now that we have our MagicBands, I can tell things are going to s l o w d o w n, especially with camp wrapping up next week.

Anyway. Life choices. Cleaning out my closet. I should probably start doing that so that I can start packing.

Last edited:
My shirt for MNSSHP also came in the mail yesterday, and I absolutely adore it! I guess this means I should probably start packing? There are a lot of clothes for this trip that are sacred, and will absolutely not be worn until I'm down there.
Haha, same here! I totally set aside things just waiting for the trip!

Okay MM sounds awesome!! Definitely a great line up, I'm sure you will all have a great time!

Sucks about the magicbands. I find the system to be SO annoying and I totally know what you mean about the ghosts. I wish it was easier to deactivate things! Hopefully you can call Disney IT and have them switch it since its technically their fault their system sucks lol

Haha, same here! I totally set aside things just waiting for the trip!

Yes!!! I am so glad I'm not the only one!!!

Okay MM sounds awesome!! Definitely a great line up, I'm sure you will all have a great time!

Sucks about the magicbands. I find the system to be SO annoying and I totally know what you mean about the ghosts. I wish it was easier to deactivate things! Hopefully you can call Disney IT and have them switch it since its technically their fault their system sucks lol

It's going to be such a fun night, I absolutely can't wait for it! My parents have never done a hard-ticket event before, they're so excited to do two in the same trip!

OMG!!! I am SO glad you understand what I mean by "ghosts!" I love Disney, I really do... but they REALLY need to pull their website together. Fingers crossed that this IT call I have to make this weekend goes well.

Ugh Disney IT and MDE is such a headache. They def should be able to merge the ghost accounts- we had to do it in the past!

MM sounds incredible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter