• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our first Spoodles meal last night (06/11)

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Rating of:
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

2 adults
We had a 5:00 PS. Which in our case was not necessary. The place was dead.
Spoodles opened at 5 p.m. and it was storming out, on and off. (More on than off. ;) ) I am sure most any WDW restaurant would have been taking walk ups.

We only drank ice teas. But we started off with:
Mediterranean Dips. :goodvibes
hitipi, chermoula, tzatziki, and hummus, with toasted pita triangles, marinated olives and almonds $7.99

That and a salad for each of us could have been the meal! The bread came out HOT and it was GOOD! :love:

The olives and dips come out in five little dishes. It does not look like much, but for two, it is. It was odd that the little dishes were so little, but they give you regular teaspoons to dip them out.
I don't know which dip was called what (except the hummus and olives). But one had a strong feta cheese taste. More like a feta cheese/garlic dip. (Which I love feta cheese AND garlic. :) )
ANother dip was more spicy tasting (reddish dip). Good but I liked the others better. The last dip tasted like the dressing topping of a gyro. Very strong in cucumber flavor. Anf I don't like cukes, so one bite was enough for me.

DH ordered:
Oak-Fired New York Strip basted with sundried tomato butter, accompanied by smashed potatoes and a horseradish chive cream drizzle

He REALLY liked it. He said it still was not the best steak he has eaten at WDW. (Which was at Kona Cafe.) But I think this came in second.
He said it was a better cut of meat than he expected and they had a good flavor in with the steak. More like a topping than marinated was my impression.
The potatoes were good. Nothing REAL special, but overall he seemed very pleased with his meal.
He said with the appetizer it was really too much food. But he ate it. ;)

I had:
Sauteed Chicken Breast with toasted couscous, baby spinach, tomatoes, and a lemon olive butter sauce

Very good. And it came with two chicken breasts. I still have half in the frig. :banana: BUT as a warning to others -- PEPPER, PEPPER and more PEPPER. Whew. Almost too hot to eat. I like pepper. But it was a tad too overdone.

We were brought more bread to duringthe meal. :crazy:

We both walked out too full. And I think it was from bread overdose. Again the appetizer and a salad would have been fine.

The menu form last night is not exactly like what is listed on allears.net for Spoodles.
The main course selections were:
New York Strip steak
Sauteed Chicken Breast
Grilled Salmon
Rigatoni Fiessolana
Seafood Paella
Fettuccini

So the options were somewhat limited. Our server made sure to tell us while we were deciding that the Fettuccini did not have garlic. :confused3 (But they would add it if requested.)

Very good meal. A little pricey. I think without the tip and with the DDE discount, our bill was $50.

But the atomsphere was very nice and relaxing. The server was good and attentive. The food was very good and hot.

A table near us was also using the DDE card and they had two kids. Their kids were not teens (I would guess) but not little kids either. They ordered multiple appetizers and one meal and shared. That would be a good choice I think there. But at Spoodles I don't know that you could go wrong. :)

We spent the evening at MGM to walk off our dinner. :) :teeth:

Rigatoni Fiessolana

This is my favorite meal at WDW.

Glad you enjoyed yourself :teeth:

Yum...I've been trying to get DH to eat here for awhile, it just hasn't fit into our schedule yet...maybe next time.

I'd like to get to Spoodles but I'm not sure how to fit it in! Sounds like a wonderful meal.

Thanks for posting!

--penny
:goodvibes

We had the exact same meal last July, plus I had quite a few Blue Spoodles. It was delicious! The portions are enormous. We're looking forward to eating there in July.

Good dinner report! Thanks for sharing! We haven't eaten dinner at Spoodles in years! Might be a good place to try next trip!

Thank you! We're eating there in July. I can't wait.

Thanks for posting that great review....I've been trying to decide if we should eat there or not. Sounds great! :flower:

Another 2005 post to show how menus have declined.....

Opening poster had a oak fired new york strip steak that I had during free dining last year. It never returned to the menu this year!
Some are saying that its due to free dining and will return ????
Well it hasn't. IMO Disney is dumbing down the menus for 2008 as there are reports of some changes that have occured this week :scared1:

robo.jpg

We LOVE Spoodles. We eat dinner there every time we go. Service has never been particularly quick, but the food more than makes up for it.

Thanks very much for this review. Did you say they might take walk-ups? If so, I'd love to try there-I'm going in 2 weeks, staying at BWV, and I have 2 TS credits I haven't reserved yet.

Thanks very much for this review. Did you say they might take walk-ups? If so, I'd love to try there-I'm going in 2 weeks, staying at BWV, and I have 2 TS credits I haven't reserved yet.

Another 2005 post to show how menus have declined.....

Opening poster had a oak fired new york strip steak that I had during free dining last year. It never returned to the menu this year!

we ate at Spoodles for 1st time last week. We were lucky to get a table rather quickly at 6pm, with no ADR. Dining room was approx 1/2 full.

Our waitress....not very good. She took our drink orders and disappeared. Other diners came in and were seated and had there entrees before we saw our waitress again. Then, it was another 15 minutes or so before the bread basket arrived. There were 8 pieces, which were snatched quickly! When the waitress finally came back by, we grabbed her to ask for more bread (still no *food* yet) and she says "hungry today?" DUH! no, we just came to sit and wait, not eat...

The 4-cheese flatbread (appetizer) was out of this world! I would get that for my meal next time. Reminded me of a white pizza. VERY yummy!

DH got shrimp over cheese tortillini....it was average...sauce didn't have much flavor.

My salad was a salad..no complaints, but the size for a dinner portion was rather small.

The kids had Mickey-mac&cheese....very bland. They didn't eat 1/2 of it. We passed on dessert, although it looked good, I'm not sure how much longer we would have had to wait!

The MAGIC MAN outside was a lot of fun. He just wheeled up on bike as we were coming out of Sppodles. Nice way to end a long, bland dinner.

Wow. I knew it was an old posting when I saw I wrote our first Spoodles meal. :rotfl2:
mmmm.... Spoodles.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter