Our Dining Reviews! Kinda long

AmandaJayne

Mouseketeer
Used the ddp...LOVED IT. If we had paid out of pocket...ouch!
Stayed at All Star Movies.
Hotel dining (CS). 5 Stars! (out of 5)Plenty to choose from, big portions, food hot and delicious. Is one meal enough for 2 adults to share. I would say no to most of it, but i did share all my meals with my 2 year old daughter. One night I got baked chix with mashed taters, veggie and dessert,(the chocolate pudding..YUMM) and my hubby and i and daughter all shared!

The Crystal Palace
(TS) 4.5 Stars. For breakfast. A typical buffet. Food not always hot as most buffets are not, but they did make a fresh omlet for me.
Only offered apple or orange juice, neither my fav, i didn't ask if they had something else juice wise. The character ALL came back to our table several times. and took pic's each time. Place was not very busy at 9:10 am. Our waiter, Jack. AWESOME!!! Funny, nice, attentative to our needs.

Story book princess
(TS) 4.5 Stars for breakfast. The cold buffet was not very tempting to any of us..cold salmon..yuck..biscuits were good. fruit gets boring. The hot meal served to the table good. Bacon, sausage, some kind of pototoes with cheese..YUMMY, eggs. only offered oj. They kept food plenished as we needed it. Princess were GREAT! (belle-did not roam tables, was waiting to take pic's with when arrived..we did buy the pics 1 8x10, 4 4x6 $32) jasmine,mulan,aurora, snow white. Did not rush...which actually was bad. My 2 year old was getting VERY restless, before the princesses got to our table..but they each took time to sign books, take pictures, and talk briefly with my daughter.

Garden Grill
Lunch MY FAVORITE..5 Stars..actually 10 Stars! Food was delicious! Well, they beef stuff..can't remember what it was..had a funny tasting sauce, but we got more without the sauce. The rotating restaurant gave good views of the ride below. The characters..AWESOME.. They joked, played with each other, the waiter and our table, and the table next to us, nearly the entire time we were there, which was over an hour. Chip and dale had us laughing the entire time. Chip even cut up my food and fed me..since my daughter was sound asleep..the entire time, and i was holding her in my lap. EVERYTHING about it was great. Definetly a MUST each time we go.

Hollywood & Vine, Play & Dine5 Stars. Breakfast buffet. Food was Hot, nice varity. The characters were very interactive with everyone in the restaurant. They got ppl up to dance and sing. Each character visited our table several times and took their time. JoJo and June spent about 5 minutes with my daughter, dancing, right as we were getting ready to leave.

Sci-FI Dinner 2.5 Stars. Menu was limited to like 4 things. (i didn't remember that even though i had looked at the menus)...food was ok, nothing special. our waiter was VERY slow. The movie clips they were showing, it looped like 2.5 times, so we saw the same thing within an hour. The car table are small, cramped. My hubby and i are small ppl, but with my daughter, 3 was crowded. 2 other adults in the back seat are larger ppl and they were very crowded. The atmosphere was neat. The car and movie idea cool, but not worth the money had we had to pay out of pocket.

Liberty Tree TavernSupper 3.5 Stars. Food was DELICIOUS. turkey was so tender! Atmosphere great. The characters did stop, take pictures but we only saw them once, and my daughter never got to see minnie mouse. While she was using the potty minnie came to the table, but she never came back. I felt like the characters could have spent more time, but this was our last character meal and all the others were so much more, i think i was expecting more. The waiter messed up the bill..he didn't know we were on the ddp, but we never saw the charge on our credit card, so he must of fixed it. I would do it again, for the food!

RestaurantasoresSpelling..sorry...5 Stars. (not the character meal) From the reviews and the outside we were expecting mcdonalds. But the cheeseburgers were FAR more outstanding. LARGER than any mc d's burger. Definetly can cut it in half and share with a child. The condiment bar had EVERYTHING! I even got to enjoy sourkrought(again, spelling..sorry) The fries were mc d's but they were hot and tasty. The brownie was wonderful! Would do it again

Cosmic Rays dinner. 4 Stars.. food was good, large portions. Can't remember what i had. First night at disney. Very busy, later at night so it took a while to stand in line to order food, then took awhile to get the food. but i would eat there again.
Hope this helps anyone!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Story book princess[/B](TS) 4.5 Stars for breakfast. The cold buffet was not very tempting to any of us..cold salmon..yuck..biscuits were good. fruit gets boring. The hot meal served to the table good. Bacon, sausage, some kind of pototoes with cheese..YUMMY, eggs. only offered oj.

At the Storybook Breakfast, did they have the cinnamon rolls I've seen pictures of? I recall previous reviews saying the cinnamon rolls were on the cold buffet..

Thanks for the reviews! You guys did a ton of character meals! That had to have been fun. :)

At the Storybook Breakfast, did they have the cinnamon rolls I've seen pictures of? I recall previous reviews saying the cinnamon rolls were on the cold buffet..
Yes they did if i remember correctly..but we didn't try them.

phisigprincess
Thanks for the reviews! You guys did a ton of character meals! That had to have been fun.
Yes we did! 4 out of 5 days at the parks! I figured it would be a ton of fun for my daughter..and us..which it was, but i think by the last one she was getting bored of seeing the characters. Cuz not only did we see and play with them at the meals, they were everywhere at the parks and we had to wait, maybe, 5 minutes to see them. So she got her share of characters!
It's worth doing...as long as your on the ddp. Our bill for 4 adults for each character meal was a minimum of $98...not worth paying, the most expensive was $134...never would we pay that much for one meal out of pocket but the ddp makes it ALL the worth while!!!!

Im confused about PSB- there wasn't a buffet when we went. Everything was brought to the table. Has it changed?

there was a cold buffet with fruits, rolls, salmon swirled on crackers..ick..and a few other things..It wasn't huge...and then they also served to the table the eggs, bacon,sausage, and so forth.

My family also loves the Garden Grill. I think it is the best character meal at WDW. The food is great, the atmostphere quiet and the character interact with you far more than any other cm we've been to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter