**Our December of Dreams!! Honeymoon at the Wilderness Lodge TR FINISHED**

Wasn't the MK lovely?
I left on 12/8, and periodicallt during that first week of Dec I'd be like "I'm leaving in x days..wow, Hillary is getting married in x days!"

I just love sitting out on the balcony in the mornings too! Hearing the boat horns really lets me know we're in WDW!

Well you also know how much I love getting to the MK! Especially riding the boat and you get that first view of the castle as you go past the Contemporary...:cloud9:

I still can't believe that not very many people use that "secret walkway"! Every time that we used it, we saw maybe one or two other families!

Wow, Fantasmic was at 6:30?! Well, I guess it was December HA. I'm just used to the 9:00 and 10:30 ones in July! I was so excited to read about it.....

and then you left us with a cliffhanger! :eek:

We are coming to the WL for the first time this April, so I am very interested to hear about how you found housekeeping and the overall feel of the Resort. Our two DKs insisted on a bunkbed room, so they are just so jazzed. Cannot wait to hear more!

great update and pics. that boat ride looked so relaxing. I can understand the Star Wars thing with your dh, it is a great movie. The Great Movie Ride I do not care for, too slow for me.
Looking forward to more.

After you posted your last update I went through our pictures to see if we might have gone to Fantasmic on the same night, but I looked and we went the night after you.

Sounds like you had a fabulous time at the MK and MGM so far! Your report is awesome...keep it coming! ;)

Thanks so much!! I think the first day was the best, just because it's the first day and just so exciting.
Thanks for reading!

Great update!!
And in the pic from May, your DH looks like Seth Rogan!!

Yup, he gets that ALL the time. It's pretty funny. Not so much now b/c his hair is shorter, but even still. I don't see it too much, but with longer hair maybe. still, we will be out somewhere and young kids say it ALL the time. hilarious.

Wasn't the MK lovely?
I left on 12/8, and periodicallt during that first week of Dec I'd be like "I'm leaving in x days..wow, Hillary is getting married in x days!"

awww, that's so sweet that you thought about me! It was BEAUTIFUL, we were so lucky with weather too, I think it only rained once while we were there, during the day anyway. BEAUTIFUL, December is my favorite time to go. I need to get on your TR!

I just love sitting out on the balcony in the mornings too! Hearing the boat horns really lets me know we're in WDW!

Well you also know how much I love getting to the MK! Especially riding the boat and you get that first view of the castle as you go past the Contemporary...:cloud9:

I still can't believe that not very many people use that "secret walkway"! Every time that we used it, we saw maybe one or two other families!

Wow, Fantasmic was at 6:30?! Well, I guess it was December HA. I'm just used to the 9:00 and 10:30 ones in July! I was so excited to read about it.....

and then you left us with a cliffhanger! :eek:

aah, I would give just about anything to be back there right now, sitting on our balcony. gah.

oh and the boat, was DH's FAVORITE thing, I swear, at first everytime we'd be getting ready to go somewhere he'd ask if we were taking the boat. Being a newbie, he didn't get that everything wasn't connected by boat. too funny.

The walkway is AWESOME, I love that there isn't anyone there, and by the end of the week, being surrounded by people at all times, we LOVED it more.

Yeah its weird the times being so early for things, and earlier closing times. It was cool though b/c we got to spend more time at DTD and WL at the pool and stuff.

Thanks for reading! I'm going to try to update again later today!

We are coming to the WL for the first time this April, so I am very interested to hear about how you found housekeeping and the overall feel of the Resort. Our two DKs insisted on a bunkbed room, so they are just so jazzed. Cannot wait to hear more!

Oh my gosh, you are going to LOVE IT! The whole resort is just awesome. Transportation was great, we found it quicker to take the boat to the Contemporary and ride the monorail when that is possible, but the busses aren't awful, seemed like DTD and AKL were the worst as far as waits.
Housekeeping was GREAT, we got towel animals three times, and they did turndown service every other night or so, and we never even requested it. We always had plenty of towels and things, it was just great. I would stay there again in a heartbeat! LOVED it. I can't wait to hear about your trip! :goodvibes

great update and pics. that boat ride looked so relaxing. I can understand the Star Wars thing with your dh, it is a great movie. The Great Movie Ride I do not care for, too slow for me.
Looking forward to more.

Oh we loved the boat, SO much. I've never actually seen Star Wars, SHAME, I know. But DH is obsessed. Thanks for reading!

After you posted your last update I went through our pictures to see if we might have gone to Fantasmic on the same night, but I looked and we went the night after you.

I kept looking out for you guys, I didn't know where you'd be but we went to the Contemporary SO many times, and I saw SO many bride and groom ears, but I never saw you guys, so strange. AND, we saw one particular couple with the ears many times that week, it was so strange...

Thanks for reading everyone!!! I'm going to try to get the next installment up before I go to class tonight!!

We just took our time walking up towards the theater for Fantasmic, went in some of the shops down Sunset, and just relaxed some. We had about 2 hours or so until showtime, and were debating on what to do for dinner. Neither of us was hungry, again, this is where the DP was showing itself to be way too much food for us. We had an extra TS credit, because we didn't use our ADR the night before at Wolfgang Puck (we were ready to go swimming, and just not hungry enough to go that night). So, we could use that credit, or just pay OOP for a CS. We usually just get a hotdog and popcorn or something at Fantasmic, but we just didn't think we'd be ready to eat then. And me, being the obsessive planner, was trying to think of what to do. We just decided to wing it, and figure it out later.

I was getting thirsty though, and had seen a few people carrying those slushy lemonade things, so we stopped to get one. DH also picked up a Powerade, and a Coke for us to share later at the show. When we got to the front of the line to order, the girl working was being all sweet, telling us congratulations and asking how long we'd been married, and if we had a Disney wedding. When DH got his money out to pay, she just shook her head and said “Congratulations” again. I figured it out quicker than DH, he said something about paying for the 2 bottled drinks too, but she just shook her head again and repeated, congratulations. We both said thank you and I told her how sweet she was, and we went to find a table. Our first dose of pixiedust!!! It was so nice, and so unexpected. I'd heard that people sometimes got things like that, but we weren't wearing the ears, just our buttons, and I didn't expect anything. Speaking of that...DH and I are both shy people, and don't like a lot of extra attention. Well earlier in the day we'd noticed other honeymoon couples with the bride and groom ears getting called out and stuff, things that we wouldn't have enjoyed. So, we decided not to wear them. We hadn't bought my bride ears yet, although we did get them later b/c I wanted to have them. And DH had a "Groom" baseballcap, but just decided not to wear it. So, just in case anyone was wondering if we wore them...no.

We really just wanted to relax, and enjoy our first trip alone together, without having a lot of extra attention. And we did. So anyway. We found a shaded table to sit at across from Fantasmic, and just sat and talked for about an hour or so. One of my favorite things to do is people watch, and we have always stayed on the go at Disney, so I have never had the luxury of just sitting and watching everything, and taking in all the atmosphere. It was another one of my favorite moments of the trip.

A little less than a hour before the show we decided to go ahead and walk up to the theater. This was the first time we didn't wait with the herd of cattle into the show. Which was nice, but we didn't get right in the middle, which is where I've always sat. Not big deal though, we were just in the next section to the left, good seats, except for the big pole in front of us. But again, not biggie, it's still my favorite show EVER. It was getting chilly, and I SO wished I had a sweatshirt or just a long sleeved tshirt to put on. It was so hot, I wore tank tops everyday, but by nighttime it was cool enough for at least a long sleeved shirt. Anyway, the show was awesome as usual, I tear up almost everytime, I just love it.

DisneyworldMay2007026.jpg

DisneyworldMay2007021.jpg

DisneyworldMay2007024.jpg

DisneyworldMay2007023.jpg

DisneyworldMay2007027.jpg

Well before the show we were discussing doing some resort hopping after Fantasmic. I LOVE doing that, and I wanted DH to see more. We weren't really in the mood to see the Obsourne lights that night, it was just cold and we were ready to leave. We planned on coming back anyway. I suggested going to Pop Century, I love the theming, I stayed there a few years ago with friends, and had told DH if we wanted to come back on a budget, that's the place to stay. And the food court is huge so I knew we could find dinner there. Well then HE, my non planning, spontaneous husband, who knows nothing about Disney, actually made a great suggestion. “How about going to Ft. Wilderness at eating at the buffet there?”. Whaaaat??? You actually have an interested suggestion??? OK!!!

Ft. Wilderness holds a special place in my heart. My first trip to Disney, when I was 3, was actually at the Buena Vista Palace. But I don't really remember it. My first REAL memories are at the campground. My parents have always had a camper, and that's where we always stayed, for the longest time. I remember walking around there, and riding the boats, and going to the campfire at night, and swimming...its just so special. And that's where we stayed in May with my parents. DH LOVED Trail's End...he's not a fancy food guy at all, just plain stuff, he's all about it. So that's what we did.

We headed out of Fantasmic, and waited for about 30 min for a Ft. Wilderness bus. We got off right down from Trail's End and walked up, they gave us a buzzer and we only waited about 10 min. That's what I love about it too, it's almost never busy. And it's SO good.

Few pictures...

teshrimp.jpg

trailsend.jpg

We enjoyed sitting out on the porch in the chairs, the exact same chairs we sat in our last trip. There were 2 bunnies jumping around out in the middle of the street in the grass, and kids playing on the playground. I loved it. After we ate we walked down the boat dock and waited just a few minutes for the bus across to WL. We ran up to the room to get our bathing suits on and grab our mug and went swimming again. We just loved the pool there, at night there were usually very few people in the pool, and it was just warm enough to swim in, even though it was chillier at night. We walked down to the beach to see the Electrical Water Parade at 9:30, and layed in the beach chairs together. Again, one of my favorite moments of the trip. I enjoyed those quiet, relaxing moments so much more this time, not just rushing around from place to place. So nice. We stayed down there until prob 11 or so, just swimming in the pool, visiting the hot tub, and relaxing. We stopped by The Fork for a refill on the hot chocolate before heading back upstairs for a shower and bed. And I did bring a bottle of my favorite wine, White Zinfandel, so it's possible that I had a glass before bed as well...and then off to bed, ready for our next day of fun, at Epcot, and MK again. And dinner with POOH!!!

Subscribing. Will read more but babies are up from their naps. You guys are so cute!

I am so staying at WL next time I go. It sounds beautiful. DH and I did go over there to get pics in the lobby but I want to stay there. DH and I thought about staying there for our honeymoon but then we decided that the resort looks too much like winter and we left a foot of snow so we decided to stay at CR. Good installment.

Your pictures came out great. Reading your trip report makes me feel just like I'm there too. We love WL and I totally can relate to those nice and quiet times you have at Disney...its nice to stop and be able to catch your breath and just take everything in. Sounds like it was the perfect ending to a perfect day! :woohoo:

great update and pics. i like the last boat pic of the characters.

really enjoying your trippie! can't wait for an update.

congrats on your marriage!:goodvibes

Subscribing. Will read more but babies are up from their naps. You guys are so cute!

aw that's so sweet. Thanks for reading and joining in!!

I am so staying at WL next time I go. It sounds beautiful. DH and I did go over there to get pics in the lobby but I want to stay there. DH and I thought about staying there for our honeymoon but then we decided that the resort looks too much like winter and we left a foot of snow so we decided to stay at CR. Good installment.

yay I'm glad you are liking the WL pics. It was beautiful, I couldn't be happier that we decided to stay there. Even seeing how beautiful other resorts were, like the Grand Floridian and Polynesian, the WL was just so our style, and I loved the winter feel because we live in Georgia and don't get much of a winter!
Thanks for reading!

Your pictures came out great. Reading your trip report makes me feel just like I'm there too. We love WL and I totally can relate to those nice and quiet times you have at Disney...its nice to stop and be able to catch your breath and just take everything in. Sounds like it was the perfect ending to a perfect day! :woohoo:

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it, I'm trying to be very detailed, I like TRs that are that way too.
And yes, the very best moments were when we were just relaxing and taking it all in, which is something I've never really done before! I now know how to do Disney in a diffferent way!

great update and pics. i like the last boat pic of the characters.

Thanks! Yeah I love that part of Fantasmic too!

really enjoying your trippie! can't wait for an update.

congrats on your marriage!:goodvibes

aw thanks so much!! :goodvibes

just found your thread and read all of it so far. i love all the pictures - it seems like you had a wonderful wedding & honeymoon!

Love the Fantasmic pics! Made me feel like I was right there. Seems like there really isn't a bad seat to watch it!

Yep, Trail's End still looks as yummy as I remember it! :laughing:

What a great trip report! Can't wait till the next update!

just found your thread and read all of it so far. i love all the pictures - it seems like you had a wonderful wedding & honeymoon!

Thanks you!!! We did have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon...how could you not, in DISNEY??!!! Thanks for reading!

Love the Fantasmic pics! Made me feel like I was right there. Seems like there really isn't a bad seat to watch it!

Yep, Trail's End still looks as yummy as I remember it! :laughing:

Yes Fantasmic is awesome from ANY seat. LOVE IT! And mmmmm, Trail's End...SO good.

What a great trip report! Can't wait till the next update!

Thank you so much!!!

Next installment coming up shortly!!!

Wednesday December 12th

This morning again I was UP and READY without the help of an alarm clock. Who needs alarm clocks when you're in DISNEY??!!!!

We had plans to go to Epcot for the morning and then head to Magic Kingdom later in the day for our Crystal Palace ADR at 7:10. My memory is getting a little foggy but I'm pretty sure we just rode the bus to Epcot that day. Usually we opted for the longer, more fun route...riding the boat to the Contemporary or MK and then monorail, but I am pretty sure we just decided to get there fast, so off to the bus we went!

We started in Futureworld, planned on doing that side of the part that day and then coming back later in the week for World Showcase. We rode Nemo first, I LOVE that ride. It's just so cute, and I love seeing all the fish. I was telling DH about what the Seas used to be...back when it was just called The Living Seas. I can remember riding in those “hydrolators” when I was a kid, and being scared for some reason. I was telling him about the old ride that basically was just a car that rode around through the tanks.
Anyway, after the ride we walked around some, and checked out the manatees for awhile, and the other tanks upstairs.

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007035.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007036.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007037.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007038.jpg

We looked into seeing Turtle Talk, but it had just started and we didn't feel like waiting around for it. We had an ADR later that week at Coral Reef so I knew we'd be back!

Then we headed to The Land. We checked out the time for Soarin', I wasn't planning on riding but DH really wanted to. It was some ridiculous wait, and the FP time was for late in the afternoon and we knew we'd be gone. Oh well, we'd try later in the week. There was practically no wait for Living with the Land, so we went on that, DH really enjoyed this ride before. We're both those weirdo educational lovers, so this is the kind of stuff we like.

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007041.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007044.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007042.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007043.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007047.jpg

So after that we decided to go ahead and eat lunch a little early, so we'd be hungry for our ADR that night, since it was a bit earlier than we were used to eating. We wanted to eat at Sunshine Seasons anyway, because IMO it's the best CS in Futureworld, and one of my favorites period.

sunshineseasons.jpg

We both got sandwiches, I got the Black Forest Ham and DH got the Turkey and Muenster.
He got some peanut butter and chocolate cake thing, and I wanted to get the strawberry shortcake from the bakery. Well when we went over there, one of the ladies working was trying to tell one of the younger guys there what we was supposed to do when he saw our pins. He was being kind of obnoxious, and it was kinda weird, but she finally told him to leave and she gave us two free chocolate chip cookies as congratulations. It was very sweet, but we felt awkward. Anyway. We found a table over by the stairs, and sat down to relax. It was all very good, I only ate about half my sandwich because I LOVE the strawberry shortcake there, its so fresh, YUM. We put the cookies in the bag for later, and headed out.

My food..

blackforesthamsalami.jpg

strawberryscakeseasons.jpg

DH's

turkeymuenster.jpg

pbbrownieseasons.jpg

free cookies!

seasonscookie.jpg

We went to Journey into Imagination, because no matter how lame that ride seems now, I don't care, I love it. I had a plush Figment when I was a kid that I LOVED. I miss the old ride, but the new one is ok. We HAD to play around with the picture things after the ride, here is a picture DH took of me emailing it to our families, dont really know why...

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007049.jpg

and here is our picture!!

EPCOT002_091070_001_20071221-130122.jpg

We then headed over the Ellen's Energy ride, I love it too. This was new for DH, and he really enjoyed it. He even mentioned wanting to ride it again later. Cool with me!!!!

By this time it was probably around 2 or so and we decided to head out, and hang out at the MK for awhile.

cont...

Took this on the way out...

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007050.jpg

We headed out to the monorail, didn't have to wait too long for it.

Andy waiting on the monorail

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007052.jpg

one last look...I was bored, so I just took pictures...

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007051.jpg

Finally we got to the MK!

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007053.jpg

We walked slower down Main Street this time, walked in some of the shops.

I loved this in one of the windows..

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007054.jpg

We kept seeing one set of Christmas decorations, the Victorian looking Mickey and Minnie stuff, and we decided we would get one of the figurines with Mickey holding the mistletoe over him and Minnie. We just wanted to wait until later, so we wouldn't have to carry it around all day. I really wanted the stockings, but all they had anywhere was Minnie. I NEVER saw a Mickey one. So I don't know what's up with that.

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007055.jpg

We headed towards Adventureland, and walked right towards the Dole Whip stand! So, we had to have one. YUMMMM. We just split a Dole whip float, using one of our snack credits. We found a table nearby and sat and relaxed a bit. I love that, just relaxing and taking it all in. ah.

dolewhip.jpg

From there we went on Pirates of the Carribean, one of our favorites. Well, first we walked past the Jungle Cruise and the line was ridiculous so we said forget it for now. The line for Pirates wasn't too long, but here we encountered some of those RUDE people. Families who kept trying to just push past people, and skip to the front of the line. And like I said, it wasn't even that long. Ugh. We just shook our heads at how rude people can be. I LOVE this ride, especially the new part at the beginning, going through the mist. And I hate to say it, but I haven't actually seen any of the movies so I don't know the names of the characters, well, Jack Sparrow of course. We totally meant to rent at least the first one before we went but time got away and we never did. Anwyay....LOVED the ride.

After that we pretty much high tailed it over to Haunted Mansion. Have I mentioned it's my FAVORITE???????!!!

On the way over I took this picture of the married man...I had to picture msg this to some of our friends as well.

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007059.jpg

LOVED the ride, of course. I can't get enough of the HM!

By this time it was starting to get dark, and I wanted to ride the Liberty Square Riverboat, I hadn't done it since I was a kid. We waited for it for maybe 10 minutes, and I just took some pictures of how cool the Haunted Mansion looked from there.

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007061.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007060.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007062.jpg

I LOVE the MK at night, with the lights and everything. Its just awesome. When the boat got there we went down on the bottom, to the front where there was a bench. It was getting a bit chilly and thank goodness I'd thought to put a long sleeve tshirt in the Baggallini. We just enjoyed the slow moving ride, and I took more pictures, esp when we came around back to the Haunted Mansion. When we got off the ride it was getting close to our ADR time, so we decided to just walk slowly up there and check in a little early.

Next up...our dinner with Pooh and WISHES!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter