Our Anniversary DVC Stay - Sept 2013

Day 18 - part 2

We said a sad goodbye by the cars :( and off we went our separate ways... Sniff sniff

Our original plan was to head to AK as I love the rapids and yet we hadn't managed to ride them this trip yet.... But as the weather was nice as thought we would go back to the hotel and take it easy and go for a leisurely swim...

We stopped on the way for me to get the picture I'd been after all trip, on the bridge :D

We quickly got changed and headed down to the pool. I was making the most of having my new underwater camera so I was driving Sy round the bend taking pictures of him lol I havent included them all, there was about 40 on them lol

I ended up not staying in the water for that long as I was starting to feel a bit dodgy, I often get a bit of a butterfly tummy when it's getting close to us coming home :( so we left and came back up to the room.

After a shower and quick change we headed back to Epcot to meet up with Ray and his wife. It was about 6:30 when we got there. We were meeting in the UK pavilion so that's where we headed first. We stopped on the way to get a pineapple fritter.

When we got to the UK we could hear the band playing and guessed that would be where we would meet our friends, we headed round that way and we were right :) There they were soaking up the atmosphere. We managed to remember to get a picture of us all together this time so here it is, thanks to Ray for remembering and asking someone passing to take the picture...

We grabbed a drink and made our way round to watch Starship featuring Mickey Thomas at the American pavilion. We sat in the disabled area as I had the scooter with me this evening unfortunately we sat behind the only family in the whole place who stood up for the whole show :( they did know we were behind them but I guess them being stood up was more important to the disabled people behind who couldn't see... It was a bit mean. I felt bad though cause we were sat there because of me :(

Afterwards we went in search of somewhere to watch illuminations. We stopped on the way for Sy to get something from one of the food and wine booths, it was a ham and cheese pasta thing, it was ok but nothing special. Ray went to get a funnel cake and shared it with us, my first funnel cake! OMG it was SO GOOD! Why have I never had one of these before?! We had such a lovely evening chatting with Ray and his wife, about family, Disney, life in general. We carried on chatting after Illuminations while the park emptied, it was a bit weird being there with only the Cms.

We said goodbye at the back exit as they were staying at the beach club while we had our car to pick up... I'm always going to wait for the masses to exit in future ;)

Back at the hotel we did most of the packing while trying not to cry! :'( we were in bed by 1am feeling very sorry for ourselves :(

Day 19

Home time

I must apologise, as always our last day is light on pictures, I think I'm too miserable to take pics lol

We made sure to leave the do not disturb sign on the day before we went to bed, we didn't want to be woken up by housekeeping early. We were awake at about 9am, we pottered round doing the last of the packing, having a weird combination of breakfast items that we were trying to eat up, we showered and got dressed and then called bell services to help with our many bags. We popped out to the balcony to say goodbye to the animals before leaving the room, with a sad heart :( We already knew it was going to be over a year till we got here again. We were trying to keep up a brave face and enjoy our last day, but I think we might have looked more like this...

We tried to compose ourselves and hopped in the car heading to MK, where else could we go to try and feel better? Gotta say goodbye to the castle! We decided to head to the Poly first as I wanted to get a Dole Whip without having to queue for half an hour lol (top tip for people who wait aaaages at ahola isle).

We got the boat over to MK from the poly, while we were waiting we were talking to a guy on his own, talking about our trip next year and that we were visiting Key West, well it turns out that was where he was from, he gave us loads of tips and things to do :) I wrote them all down on my phone as I knew I would forget right away otherwise. When we got to MK we thanked him for his help and made our way down main street. We didn’t have any must do rides, we just wanted to be there. We went on the Peoplemover twice ;) On the way we ran into this guy...

and erm, this one... LOL

not that they were connected or anything ;)

Then it was time for the Move It Shake It parade so we headed to get a spot at the hub. I threw caution to the wind today and actually danced! Sy refuses so I never usually do it as I don’t like to do it on my own ;) Sy took a few pics of me.

We also got a couple of pictures of this AWESOME lady, we kept seeing her when the parades were on, she was *amazing*. She was getting so into the music while still doing her job, high fiving the kids on her way, just totally summing up Disney for me :D I've since seen her talked about for being so amazing so glad its not just us who realised!

After the parade we needed to head back to the car really *sob* so we followed the parade down main street. There was one place I wanted to try one last time though... As I said before, reports were coming online that Mickey was feeling very 'talkative' in the meet Mickey theatre so I wanted to give it one last try...

Sadly Mickey was mute! But we still had a fab meet and greet, Mickey was very sad that we were going home today ;)

We said goodbye to Mickey and promised to come see him again soon and made our way over to the boat back to the Poly. There was still time for my Dole Whip thankfully so off we went to Captain Cook's :D

Yum!

We shared it, and by that I mean I ate 90% and let Sy eat about 10% Pahahaha!

It was then time to pick up the car from the valet and go back to AKL and pick up the cases :(

It was a quiet journey to the airport, I think we were too sad to talk. Even though we knew we were coming back (heck, we have DVC now, we are always coming back!), it didn't take away the sadness at leaving like I thought it would. The butterflies in my tummy were amping up now too. We arrived at the airport and handed back the car, we managed to fight off the guys trying to 'help' us with our cases and went to check in. We had booked an extra case yesterday as its so much cheaper to pre book than just turn up with an extra bag... knew that shopping was going to come back and bite us on the bum hehe. We then went to queue up for an eternity for security. We had to go through the special assistance queue and they only had 1 security belt open whereas all the other queues had 2 belts so it took aaaaaaaages, and then just as we got to the front they held up back and let a load of staff through before us with empty wheelchairs, about 5 staff with about 30 wheelchairs between them, I'm not even exaggerating! I was a bit peeved but I wasn't about to say anything, always best not to annoy the security guys lol

We got through in the end and as usual I set the alarm off... I have no idea what I do that sets it off but it goes off almost every time.

Once we were through we had time for a quick dinner at Outback as is the tradition, partly cause well, Outback is awesome and partly cause the food SUCKS on the plane on the way home. We grabbed some dinner and then took it in turns to head to the bathroom to get changed into our travel clothes (it was cold back in the UK by now). The butterflies in my tummy were then going totally crazy but it was time to board so I pushed them down and tried to focus on other things.

When we got on the flight we noticed that our seats had been moved from what I requested, we were given bulkhead seats! Upside, lots of leg room, downside, people kept trying to walk in front of us. Also we had to stow our TV's during take off and landing whereas in the headrest you can watch them right away and until you get off the plane.

The flight was uneventful, I managed to get a bit of sleep which is pretty unusual for me cause given its a night flight it usually leaves me like this....

I watched a few movies and then a lot of Big Bang Theory while I slept, mostly the same episode over and over as I kept missing bits dozing off lol

I didn’t eat anything on board, Sy tried but gave up with his food. I don’t know why the food has to be so bad on the journey home. Our flight landed back in the UK at about 9am local time and I was now STARVING. We got our bags and then went to wait outside for Sy's dad to meet us, Sy and his dad were both working from home today, yep the day we got home Sy was working! But he had no choice, he was out of holiday leave. His dad was working from home so that he could come pick us up :) He very kindly stopped at the McDonalds drive through on the way home so I could have some food asap. It was about a 20 min drive back to Sy's parents house. Sy went into the dining room to work with his dad and I curled up on the sofa to catch up on a bit of sleep as I would be doing the hour drive to our house later that day, I did have company in this little man though...

Ain't he so cute?!

Before long sleep came and I went to sleep dreaming of our next trip to the mouse, that couldn't come soon enough...

The end :)

Thank you for reading my Trip report, I hope I've made you laugh more times than cry or cringe ;) I really get a huge amount of satisfaction writing about our trips, and all the lovely comments make me feel all warm and squidgy inside :D I love writing for myself but also for the people who love Disney as much as I do. I'm sure I drive some of my other friends who don’t 'get' Disney round the bend with my endless Disney chatter but here, we all share the same love :D

See ya real soon folks!

Just read it all from start to finish. Far too much in there to comment on but, needless to say, it looks like you had a fab time overall.

Bet you can't wait to get back in a couple of weeks ;)

I certainly can't wait! Though in March in going with a girlfriend - hubs is cat sitting and feeling very jealous ;) hope you enjoyed reading! Xxx

Another one who's read your trip report in one hit. Thoroughly enjoyed it on this grey, dull Sunday. I've been so quiet that my Husband thought I'd gone out :rotfl2:

Looks like you both had a great time and not long until you're back with your friend :goodvibes

Just read your report from start to finish and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looks like you had an amazing time.

Tina

Enjoyed reading your TR sooo much.It made me sooo excited for our upcoming trip in August. I absolutely loved all your beautiful dresses.You look stunning in every photo! Is it too personal to ask where you shop? Would so love to check those shops out! Im hoping they are in the uk?! :)

Another one who's read your trip report in one hit. Thoroughly enjoyed it on this grey, dull Sunday. I've been so quiet that my Husband thought I'd gone out :rotfl2:

Looks like you both had a great time and not long until you're back with your friend :goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed it and your hubby had a peaceful afternoon hehehe sadly i'm back from the trip with my girlfriend now.... might upload the report from that trip too :)

Just read your report from start to finish and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looks like you had an amazing time.

Tina

It was amazing! Thanks for reading Tina :) xxxx

Lucky you! Great trip and terrific report!:thumbsup2

Thanks for ready and so pleased you enjoyed it :)

Enjoyed reading your TR sooo much.It made me sooo excited for our upcoming trip in August. I absolutely loved all your beautiful dresses.You look stunning in every photo! Is it too personal to ask where you shop? Would so love to check those shops out! Im hoping they are in the uk?! :)

Awww thank you so much! I actually make a lot of the dresses myself :D though I probably should have taken a close look at the fabric of the white with blue and pink on - I didn't realise it say FOR RENT on it :O :O oops hahaha

What happened to your friend Sue? I so enjoyed all the time you spent together and their little boy Harry?

Love your trip reports!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter