• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Other guests who ruin the Magic...

Princess Bella Luna

Who needs Ears when you can wear a Tiara!
Has anyone ever been around people who seem to have all disrespect for where they are and the people who are around them? At Magic Kingdom on my last visit, A girl - about 13 years old was having a full on yelling tantrum with her mother at a bench, "I DON'T HAVE TO IF I DON'T WANT TO, DON'T YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" Her father and kid sister were looking on with the "here we go again" face. Where upon she pouted her lips in that snobby spoiled girl way and huffed and sat down, arms crossed.

Yeah, horrid as it was - I could not but help to stare and then crack up with my sisters as we walked out of site. :rotfl: A real brat!

What a spoil sport - talk about "Happiest Place on Earth"

I have seen this kind of thing happen before. It is very disrespectful for a child to behave in that manner let alone in public. rather than allowing it to happen in front of everyone take them aside out of site and ear shot and work out an agreement. What ever the squabble was about the child must have felt like it was her way or no way or else everyone in their group would pay the price.

Oh well, I do hope the rest of their trip was better.;)

:mad: :mad: The people that post on this board sure do gripe about children a lot. I don't post much on this site as I do passporter. I think I know why as of today. But today alone the hot topic is about parents and their children. I'm shocked. I have children, and it is very hard to be a good parent. I don't judge. I have a hard enough time potty training a 3 year old. My husband gave him a little swat on the bottom at Mcdonalds, for talking back to us, and shouting NO, and this couple came over and told us if they seen us do that again they would call the police. Now, how in the world are you suppose to control your kids again? This question is for all the moms and dads, or the ones that don't have any children and think it is suppose to be easy, out there that could do that once upon a time. Time out is a joke.

Like that is going to solve the problem. Then they go to daycare or school and tell a friend or teacher that they got a whipping last night, and then you still get the police called on you. Our daycare person told us that she is required by law if she sees anything like that taking place.

Oh, by the way, you can not even use the word beat anymore.

Has anyone ever been around people who seem to have all disrespect for where they are and the people who are around them?

Yep, it happens. I think anytime you go to such a popular place, you're going to encounter lots of people and they won't all be on their best behavior. On our December trip, we were so engrossed in reading our maps and planning our next moves that I hardly noticed the people around me. I paid attention to my own kids and husband and we had a great time together. I've learned not to worry about what other people are doing. If they're going to act cranky, they can do it without me in their audience!

We live in a world where kids are free to do what ever they like. Those who threaten to turn you in for taking charge of your child in public are the ones wondering why the world is all out of whack. Today most children have no respect for anyone or anything let alone their parents.
My husband and I have 5 children. 3 are grown and gone and very successful the 2 youngest are only 11 and 7. We taught them to be respectful to us and others. The youngest is also a special needs child. If left on his own he would rule our home, but he is given boundaries and knows for every action there is a reaction, either by having privileges taken away like computer time or a swat on the bottom. (Believe this but his Dr even recommended that)
Now there is a difference in beating a child and correcting.
Every child will test his boundaries from time to time but trained correctly he will learn what is acceptable or not.

I hope I don't get flamed for this.:scared:

If I see a child out of sorts at the World I just walk on. I don't let them ruin my visit. And if I see parents who are trying to do the right thing I will at least give them a smile of confirmation.

Spanking in not illegal. I don't know where people get this idea that they cannot spank thier children.

Not trying to debate whether or not you should spank as a punishment choice.

It is legal. It is not legal to injure your child or to spank them to the point of bruising. Use of an open hand on a child's upper leg or buttock is not illegal.

Not saying that you should spank your children, just saying it is not illegal.

The teenage years are tough on many kids. You only saw a moment of what was going on. It's easy to judge the girl as a spoiled brat, but cut her some slack. Who knows what the story is. I remember being on vacation as a teenager and having arguments with my parents.

:mad: :mad: The people that post on this board sure do gripe about children a lot. I don't post much on this site as I do passporter. I think I know why as of today. But today alone the hot topic is about parents and their children. I'm shocked. I have children, and it is very hard to be a good parent. I don't judge. I have a hard enough time potty training a 3 year old. My husband gave him a little swat on the bottom at Mcdonalds, for talking back to us, and shouting NO, and this couple came over and told us if they seen us do that again they would call the police. Now, how in the world are you suppose to control your kids again? This question is for all the moms and dads, or the ones that don't have any children and think it is suppose to be easy, out there that could do that once upon a time. Time out is a joke.

I have to disagree. We use time out and it works for us. If you have ever watched any of the Nanny 911 shows, the nannies often use time out in the homes they visit - and they use it very successfully. I do not hit my children because I do not want to teach them that it is okay to hit, under any circumstances. My dad use to hit us as punishment and all that taught me was to be fearful of him. Sure didn't seem like love to me at the time (or now). Teach by example.

Drama-Captain_McAllister.jpg

After being a teacher I am more understanding when it comes to children's behavior. Some children have special needs, behavior issues or appear to be much older than they truly are or are just having a Disney Meltdown, which I have seem many adults have as well.

Like that is going to solve the problem. Then they go to daycare or school and tell a friend or teacher that they got a whipping last night, and then you still get the police called on you. Our daycare person told us that she is required by law if she sees anything like that taking place.

Oh, by the way, you can not even use the word beat anymore.

what your daycare person said is correct! i also work at a day care and we are required by law if we see any bruises or cuts that just appear , and isn't looked at medically with a note from the DR. then we report it to the state. It's to keep the kids safe....
As for crazy kids at WDW, I don't let them ruin the trip for me... i don't know if it's because i'm around kids all day and i can kinda block them out...or what

Another thing i do is say... " I'm glad i'm not that kids mother" and i can walk away... thats all you have to do is walk away from the situation... you are at WDW there are going to be Thousands of kids there... if it bothers you don't go there on vacation. Ii get cranky sometimes being in the heat, and getting tired... i can only imagine what it feels like for a 4 year old....

Just dispoline your child as you would a dog. Watch THE DOG WHISPERER. If you've seen the South Park episode where Cartman behaves well when his "nanny" is the Dog Whisperer.

Has anyone ever been around people who seem to have all disrespect for where they are and the people who are around them? At Magic Kingdom on my last visit, A girl - about 13 years old was having a full on yelling tantrum with her mother at a bench, "I DON'T HAVE TO IF I DON'T WANT TO, DON'T YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" Her father and kid sister were looking on with the "here we go again" face. Where upon she pouted her lips in that snobby spoiled girl way and huffed and sat down, arms crossed.

Yeah, horrid as it was - I could not but help to stare and then crack up with my sisters as we walked out of site. A real brat!

Actually, I had to read this a few times before I caught the fact that you were talking about a young person! :)

SERIOUSLY!

The reason is because it triggered the number of times I have seen that kind of reaction from an adult when corrected by a cast member. I cannot believe the verbal lashings that some CM's get when they say, "Excuse me. You cannot sit there" or some other way of correcting a guest. The guest can turn very ugly fast and suck all of the magic out of the place. :confused:

Remember that situation could of happened to anyone- even us. I am very fair with my 2 teenage boys but to this day if they get out of line I will smack them, lol. Yes I did say smack- too many parents are so worried about what is right and what is the wrong way to raise your children. I have disciplined my two boys with a belt and never worried twice about having the police called on me. Their is a difference between discipline and abusing your children and I think parents are scared of that fine line- duh, who is control here, you or the kids? Once your children knows that mommy or daddy aren't going to do anything to them once they act up they will keep doing stupid stuff and even get away with it. I know one thing- my sons respect me for all of the whippings that they have received within these years of growing up. My younger son is only 13, stand 6'2" and weighs about 225 pounds so I have to take a baseball bat to him. My husband's mother used to beat them with an extension cord. When I was growing up my older brothers used to fight so bad, my mother broke a shovel over one of their backs, aaaahhhhhhhhhh the good old days.

Actually, I had to read this a few times before I caught the fact that you were talking about a young person! :)

SERIOUSLY!

The reason is because it triggered the number of times I have seen that kind of reaction from an adult when corrected by a cast member. I cannot believe the verbal lashings that some CM's get when they say, "Excuse me. You cannot sit there" or some other way of correcting a guest. The guest can turn very ugly fast and suck all of the magic out of the place. :confused:

OMG! I'm sad for some of those CMs. Now that you do mention it, I do remember a family at Fanstasmic sitting in a wheelchair area (with no one in a wheelchair) and were told to move - the dad goes,"D@mm!t we paid 500 a piece to come here and we should be able to anywhere we want!" Or something to the likes of that ... right in front of his kids! Great language to use out loud :sad2: in a family place.
Oh - anyone know of the people who get wheelchairs on purpose, with no one in need of it, just to get priority seating? I actually seen this as a "tip" on another Disney board.

Yeah it does suck when anyone throws an ugly fit kids OR adults - as far as am I concerned, The tantrum teen situation was very hard to ignore as you could have heard her clear across Main Street - and I was just standing three feet away. It was like a scene out of "My Super Sweet 16". It sucked the mellow happiness out of me for about 3 mins when I heard this shrill scream practicallly in my ear. It didn't last long though - We laughed it all off as we walked away!

:mad: :mad: The people that post on this board sure do gripe about children a lot.

This thread isn't just about kids - it's about anyone who shows disrespectful behavior at Disney. In fact, I think that younger kids really shoulden't count for this as they do not really know any better, they are just acting out cause they are overwelmed.

This is more for people who are old enough to know how to behave in public and seem to lack better judgement.

That is what I meant by this thread. The tantrum teen is just one example ...

I have been teaching for high school for 20 years. The biggest change I have seen? The growing number of kids that "rule the roost".

Sounds like we already know who was in charge of that family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter