OT: Wildwood Nj trip

lovinpoohbear

lovinpoohbear
I know this is off topic but has anyone been to Wildwood NJ and can recommend a hotel to stay at? We would like to be within walking distance of the boardwalk, beach. Thanks in advance!:)

We always stay at the AA heart of Wildwood. It is right on the boardwalk. Very neat and clean. Been staying there for about 30 years!

sorry I haven't been in years so I can't recommend a place. But have some Douglas' fudge for me

We go to Wildwood every summer but stopped staying at hotels. We rent condos now. They offer more room, a bigger kitchen, gas grill, central air, 2 full bathrooms and my own washer/dryer. And since I cook all our meals instead of eating out, the cost is actually the same as getting a htoel room and eating out every meal.

Our last hotel stay was 5 years ago at the Matador hotel in North Wildwood, about a block from the end of the boardwalk and right on the beach. The place is clean and well-maintained, but our room was situated in the middle of a multi-family reunion. This meant people hanging out in front of our room at all hours of the day and night. I wouldn;t want to deny someone a fun vacation, but asking them to quiet down or take it inside every single night just got old.

We used to always stay at the Reges Oceanfront Resort in Wildwood Crest; all the rooms have ocean views, it is right on the beach and they have a free kids activity program. It is not near the boardwalk but there is a free bus that takes you right over to the boardwalk. Wildwood Crest is more quite and family oriented. It is also really close to Cape May so you can drive over there to do some really nice shopping and they have better restaraunts for nice dinners.

I always stay at the Riviera Resort Motel. very clean that ismy biggest issue. I usually get the couple only suite if I dont have the kids. But they have rooms and suites.

We usually stay @ Water's Edge in Wildwood Crest-its right on the beach and only 1/2 block from the start of the boardwalk so you can catch the tram cars("Watch the tram car please":lmao: :rotfl2: ) and ride up to the rides section-most of the rooms are suites and face the ocean with great views-parking is a pain tho
Trish

Do not stay at the MatadoR!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad2: We stayed there last year at the end of June for the Wildwood Beach Blast. It was disgusting. I had to throw out all of our socks when we got home because they were flithy even after i washed them 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! I guess the place has really gone downhill. The owners of the Matador were sticklers for cleanliness when we used to stay there. So many of the hotels/motels in Wildwood and N. Wildwood have given way to condos. It's surprising that any of the hotel owners can hang on. I wonder if it's the same people running it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter