OT: We're back. Lessons learned

Mortlives

DIS Veteran
Hi, Everyone.

We're back from our road trip to Florida, and here's the wisdom we bring you:

• If a hotel website asks for payment in advance for a 'good' rate, don't. The desk clerk wouldn't accept our voucher and it was $10 too much.
  • St. Augustine Rules! We're planning on retiring there.
  • Jungle Adventures just outside Titusville is really cool! For a surprisingly small amount, we got a boat swamp tour, held an alligator and petted a skunk and a panther.
  • Do visit the Kennedy Space Center. If you like Disney, you will enjoy it.
  • St. Augustine Rules! Can't say it enough.
  • On the way back, if you're overnighting or dinnering in Charleston, W. Va. the Sleep Inn off I-79 exit 1 is a nice place to stop and has a good family restaurant.

Did I mention that St. Augustine rules?

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

Welcome back! Next time if we drive down to Florida, I think we'll have to check out St. Augustine :) Did you go to any beaches there?

So where is St. Augustine?

Or is it that good that you won't let the rest of us in on it!LOL

Scratch
pirate:

St. Augustine is about 2 hours north of Kennedy Space Center in Florida, on the Atlantic Coast. It is the oldest European city in the USA, and the location of Ponce de Leon's Fountain of Youth.

Tourist Website Available

We stayed at the Monterey Inn on Matanzas Bay, and played tourist for 3 glorious days. The best part was, we parked the car in the hotel parking lot, and didn't get into it again until we had to start heading home.

We even did a pirate ghost cruise on a schooner one night.

I'll be doing a full report on my website, once I get my pictures downloaded and my thoughts organized.

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

Welcome home, Mort! We drove through St. Augustine once and it does look interesting. I'm looking forward to reading your trip report and seeing your pictures!

Welcome home...can't wait to read your trip report...the pirate ghost cruise sounds too cool pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter