OT? - Universal Rumors

Bstanley

DisNoid
There are several rumors afoot that Vivendi-Universal will attempt to get some badly needed cash by:

1) Spinning off the Universal portion of the company as a separately traded stock with Barry Diller as CEO/Chairman.

2) Selling off Universal entirely with Barry Diller orchestrating a management buyout!

Anyone know if BD and JK are still good buddies? ;-)

That would be REALLY interesting, the big ME versus his former mentor+creative guy.. Would that be good for the parks or WHAT!

I don't see Disney buying the parks, but are there any other pieces of Vivendi empire that would be good additions for Disney if there was a fire sale (and they had the liquidity)?

I doubt it, Universal is too big to swallow me thinks. If they couldn't get MGM.

I Think BStanely is implying that Bary Diller Running the Theme Parks would force Disney to work harder due to the intense rivalry. Still, A Universal without Vivendi is not as Formidibale an opponent as a Universal WITH Vivendi. They wouldn't have the same kind of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter