OT - Pampered Chef Product ?

T. Lynn

...livin' and learnin' - simplified my life :-)
I'm going to a party at the end of the month and curious about a product.

Has anyone used or owned the cherry/olive pitter for cherries? I was wondering how well it actually worked. I'd really hate to pit all the cherries but then again, would be a lot nicer if we're traveling or something.

A friend was recently *raving* about this. She said it works very well, and perhaps lent to her having a few too many cherries at one sitting :rolleyes1.

I have this product and LOVE IT!! It pits cherries very cleanly (if that is even a word). I haven't used it on olives in a while but I would imagine it works just as well.

I don't know if this helps...I haven't tried the Pampered Chef cherry pitter, but I've tried others and they were all junk. If people are recommending it, spend the extra money and don't waste time on other ones.

Thanks everyone. Looks like I will be adding it to my list...

I don't know about the cherry pitter- don't eat that many- but I LOVE their garlic press!! The apple peeler/corer is cool, too- but I think I have used it- once?? Love their stone pie pans and bread pans. Don't go to their parties anymore- much easier to buy their stuff on Ebay. :cheer2:

Hi,

My hubby is a Pampered Chef consultant. Just remember that if you find that you don't like it, you can return it for FREE within the first 30 days. Pampered Chef will send you a mailing label to ship it back to them! Just another great reason for buying their brand!

Problem is, I'm not sure when cherries go out of season.

I bought one recently at Williams-Sonoma at the mall and I LOVE IT!! It is sturdy and works great. While pitting cherries, you need to "cup" the pitter/cherry with one hand while you squeeze it with the other. You will know what I'm talking about when you get one. Otherwise, cherry juice will splatter EVERYWHERE! I made a huge mess the first time I used mine. I have deep kitchen sinks and I put a paper towel in the bottom of the sink and hold the cherries at the bottom to pit. It's faster if you pull the stems off first - so you aren't constantly stopping & starting again with the pitter. I bought 3 bags of cherries the other day and my family eats all that I pit in a day. They are so spoiled to pitless cherries that I have 1/2 bag nobody is eating. If it is a good quality pitter, and you eat a lot of cherries - you are probably going to be very happy with it!

Here's a link to the one I have $12.50:

http://ww2.williams-sonoma.com/cat/...m1|15|0||||||cherry&gids=sku1341288&cmsrc=sch

I happen to be a PC consultant and just yesterday I received the notice of new items being released for the fall and those items to be discontinued. The cherry & olive pitter is one of those being discontinued as of the end of August - so if you're thinking about getting it, now is the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter