Ot: New Corian Counter Tops

goaliewife

Mouseketeer
I know that this is way OT........but we just remodeled our kitchen and had Corian counter tops installed.

My question here is regarding the care and maintenance of Corian. I went to the DuPont website and it says to use ammonia based cleaners or soap and water only. It specifically said not to use window cleaner type products on the counter top.

Well.......my installer told me that he recommends Windex and that the commercial stuff they sell that is recommended for Corian will leave a film and that he does not recommend it. I usually use stuff like Clorox wipes in my kitchen and bathroom for everyday wipe ups, and I asked if that was okay, to which he replied yes, but he specifically said that he uses Windex on his and it shines them up really nice.

Okay, so what do any of you Corian people use? I don't want to do anything that is going to ruin the finish of these counters as we plan to sell this house soon, but I also want them to look nice for us while we still live here. What is the best method you have found for cleaning and caring for you Corian?

Thanks for your help

This may or may not help you, but we have had Corian countertops and a table since we bought this house (8 yrs), and we use both Windex and soap and water. Windex does make them shine a little more, but only for a short time. Good luck !:thumbsup2

I know that this is way OT........but we just remodeled our kitchen and had Corian counter tops installed.

My question here is regarding the care and maintenance of Corian. I went to the DuPont website and it says to use ammonia based cleaners or soap and water only. It specifically said not to use window cleaner type products on the counter top.

Well.......my installer told me that he recommends Windex and that the commercial stuff they sell that is recommended for Corian will leave a film and that he does not recommend it. I usually use stuff like Clorox wipes in my kitchen and bathroom for everyday wipe ups, and I asked if that was okay, to which he replied yes, but he specifically said that he uses Windex on his and it shines them up really nice.

Okay, so what do any of you Corian people use? I don't want to do anything that is going to ruin the finish of these counters as we plan to sell this house soon, but I also want them to look nice for us while we still live here. What is the best method you have found for cleaning and caring for you Corian?

Thanks for your help

So how do you like the Corian? We redid a bath and got silestone but I like Corian with the built in sink in the kitchen. However I like the shine of silestone. So I am trying to decide which one I would be happier with. I like the Corian I just think the flat finish would take getting used to. What color did you get and have you learned anything you wish you had done different?

So far we like the Corian real well. And the more I wipe it down with the Clorox wipes, the more of a shine I am getting. We went with Aruba which is a gray with white, black and blue flecks in it. White cabinets with blue painted above the cabinets. The floor is white tile with gray veins running through it......so everything is blending well.

Haven't really found any downsides yet, but we have only had the countertop in for one week and one day, so hard to tell at this point. Am just now starting to load stuff back into my kitchen and taking it slow to weed through years of hanging onto things that we really didn't need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter