OT - let the chatting begin....... CHAT thread

We had a rite of passage in the DLPdaft household this morning - DD locked up the house and left for school all on her own (now the weather is better she wants to walk the 15 minute journey to school rather than have me drop her off earlier on my way to work, and go to breakfast club).
I made her take her mobile with her and phone me once she was on her way, just in case she had any problems ;).

Oh my, how did you cope??? Were you checking your phone every 15 seconds...?!!!

DDs class picture today! Cant believe shes just finished her 1st year in primary.

Awwwww :lovestruc Hope they are both feeling better now.

Evening all, just back from the bank after a mortgage appointment. I was pleasantly surprised about what I could borrow & comfortably repay. Just need to start looking now:scared1::woohoo:

Very exciting news!!! :woohoo: You'll have to keep us posted!

Evening all!!
Hows everyone? Any plans for the night? Think we're going to relax and watch the apprentice. I can see Edna being trouble! popcorn::

I'll be watching too!!!! LOVE The Apprentice!!! :goodvibes But first I am going training with my friend :eek: we have signed up for the Race for Life this year and have got to pull our fingers out if we have any chance of getting round the full 5k! :rotfl: I DO NOT RUN...:faint:

Sonya - good luck with the driving hun! :thumbsup2 Hope you & Ash are all settled in now and she has unpacked all her dresses! princess:

Evening all!!
Hows everyone? Any plans for the night? Think we're going to relax and watch the apprentice. I can see Edna being trouble! popcorn::

Evening, i'm just relaxing this evening. I'm looking online for properties:thumbsup2 Very excited my mum & dad bought me a couple of things for when I get my house (maybe they are trying to tell me something:rotfl2:)

I'll be watching too!!!! LOVE The Apprentice!!! :goodvibes But first I am going training with my friend :eek: we have signed up for the Race for Life this year and have got to pull our fingers out if we have any chance of getting round the full 5k! :rotfl: I DO NOT RUN...:faint:

Good luck with your Race for Life, you will be fine & you can walk it too:goodvibes

House shopping, how exciting!!! I love looking at the rentals online and always get new house broody!! Find anything nice Nikki??

Hiya MUM to Belle, my DD had a great time having her photo taken, saying cookies (she hates sausages!) and is better but DS isnt eatting :sad2: and isnt himself at all. His temp is back down a bit but hes not right yet. Poor mite.
Had similar ideas for a mini marathon but uuuum just wasnt to be this year. Good on ya! :yay:

Oh my, how did you cope??? Were you checking your phone every 15 seconds...?!!!

I was very good - I made her call me once she was on her way to school, so I knew she'd locked up okay and was going to make it to school on time. I'm sure she was probably thinking "god mum whats the big deal" lol :rotfl2:.

Morning all. Anyone doing anything exciting today? :goodvibes

Very slow week, seemed to take forever to get to thursday! Meeting with the hotel we've booked for our wedding to change somethings on saturday and communion for DPs niece/godchild sunday so im enjoying a lazy day before a hectic weekend :-D

House shopping, how exciting!!! I love looking at the rentals online and always get new house broody!! Find anything nice Nikki??
:

I have found a couple i'm going to look at but I haven't settled on an area just yet.

Very slow week, seemed to take forever to get to thursday! Meeting with the hotel we've booked for our wedding to change somethings on saturday and communion for DPs niece/godchild sunday so im enjoying a lazy day before a hectic weekend :-D

I'm just relaxing & making the most of not being back at work till the weekend, although I have ironing to get done by then.

Off to the park in a bit :cheer2: Will try and take photos of all the new menus. Camera batteries are charged and it's in my bag.

After that when OH come and picks me up tonight we are going to Ikea :scared1: Has to be done but it's often chaos in there, worse than in Disney :lmao:

Hope everyone has a lovely sunny day :goodvibes

Off to the park in a bit :cheer2: Will try and take photos of all the new menus. Camera batteries are charged and it's in my bag.

After that when OH come and picks me up tonight we are going to Ikea :scared1: Has to be done but it's often chaos in there, worse than in Disney :lmao:

Hope everyone has a lovely sunny day :goodvibes

Enjoy the parks, how I would love to live closer:thumbsup2 Don't envy your Ikea trip, its the same in the UK when they are busy especially on Saturdays:scared1:

Im feeling rather annoyed tonight, I sold something from DLP on ebay buyer didnt pay anyway got nasty with me and I just got a message to say:

IVE BEEN TO THE PROPER DISNEYLAND IN FLORIDA PLENTY OF TIMES NOT THE POOR MANS DISNEYLAND IN PARIS UNLIKE YOU STUPID!

Im annoyed at his attitude but more annoyed how he thinks DLP is poor mans Disneyland and not the proper one!

Im feeling rather annoyed tonight, I sold something from DLP on ebay buyer didnt pay anyway got nasty with me and I just got a message to say:

IVE BEEN TO THE PROPER DISNEYLAND IN FLORIDA PLENTY OF TIMES NOT THE POOR MANS DISNEYLAND IN PARIS UNLIKE YOU STUPID !

Im annoyed at his attitude but more annoyed how he thinks DLP is poor mans Disneyland and not the proper one!

How rude!! Very sorry you've had to be on the receiving end of that, there are some real idiots on ebay!! :hug:

And as for 'poor mans'.....pahh, obviously doesn't;t know a thing about the wonder that is Disneyland Paris!! :sad2:

You need to reply to him and tell him that Disneyland is in California not Florida

Good Morning everyone, its the start of another week. I can't believe how quickly this year is going!

What is everyone upto today? I'm just generally having a lazy day as I have been at work all weekend & we were very busy, no thanks to a useless dispatcher but its the luck of the draw in my job:sad2:

:lmao: I have now

:rotfl2:

good afternoon all - I was listening to a DLP CD yesterday - and now I can't get "Dancin a Catchy Rhythm" out of my head :goodvibes:eek::goodvibes!!!

Evening everyone, how had everyone's day been?

I've been having a lazy day today still house hunting, hoping to book some viewings later this week:scared1:

I was hoping to take my niece & nephew to Disney May half term as my 2 year old nephew has never been. My parents said they would pay for my sister's half (as she would have to come with me) but she has said she is busy that week:sad1:. I was hoping to squeeze in a trip as I originally had planned to go to the States but it fell through till later this year. Oh well it means I will have more money to spend on my house or holiday later this year:thumbsup2

Ooh how exciting to be going on property viewings.

I've been out with the dogs for a lovely long walk tonight so should sleep well!

It is exciting mainly but it also means no spontanious decisions to just book holidays when I like it. I know deep down its time to get my own house now just don't really want to pay for it:rotfl2:

:lmao:

There's no denying it's tough in the beginning but if you're able to buy a place it's so worth it in the long run. We've been in our house 21 years next month and the mortgage seemed astronomic at first but nowadays it's so little compared to what it would cost to rent somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter