OT: Hong Kong Disneyland

barnaby1

Mouseketeer
Not sure where to post this so I will throw it on my regular board.
Has anyone been to Hong Kong Disneyland and is it worth a trip on a stopover?

We've been and we loved it. It's very small, think something not much bigger than Fantasyland and Tomorrowland put together but it's beautiful. The hotels were fantastic. We stayed in the Disneyland Hong Kong Hotel in a tower room and were very impressed.

If you have the opportunity, I'd say deffinitely take a stopover. Hong Kong itself is one of our favourite places to visit.

I was fortunate enough to travel to HK with work and took a day out to visit DL. As Cheryl said its very small but has a nice feeling about it, it was a great break from HK itself which personally i didnt like. Bit of a concrete jungle for me

If i had a choice of stop over I would pick Singapore everytime but no Disney Land unfortunatley

I went in May and loved it.

As previous posters have said, it is small, but charming. There's no Big Thunder, no Pirates, no Haunted Mansion, but as long as everyone is aware of that in advance I think you'll like it. It's beautiful.

I didn't stay at the hotels, but I did have a good nose around them and they both looked great. If (sorry, when) I return I'd probably split my stay between Hong Kong and Disneyland, staying at one of the DL hotels for a couple of nights.

My trip report is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2178028

Hi Steve, do you have any advice on where to get tickets for Hong Kong Disneyland from?

Hi Steve, do you have any advice on where to get tickets for Hong Kong Disneyland from?

I bought my tickets in advance (from home) on the Hong Kong Disneyland website. You can collect the tickets from either the ticket booths in front of the park, or the automated machines next to them (so you can bypass the queue), provided you have either the credit card you used to purchase your tickets or your confirmation number. I collected mine in the afternoon before the day I used them, and there was a grand total of one person in line to buy tickets. The following morning there was a queue but not a long one.

Alternatively you can just buy tickets at the gate. If you stay at one of their hotels then I'm sure you can buy them there. There were also various official HKDL places at a couple of the major subway stations (I think it was Central on Hong Kong Island, and Tsim Sha Tsui - but I may be wrong) where you could buy them. They were all the same price - I'm not sure if you can buy them cheaper anywhere else or not.

Tour companies in HK will try to sell you tours, which consist of coach transportation to HKDL and admission. I don't think this is worth it at all - it is cheap and easy to get there on your own using the subway, and that way you also have flexibility to come and go when you want to rather than on their schedule.

Great trip report Steve, loved reading it.
I think my mind is definitely made up to pay a visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter