• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT - Hair help needed

Ela1972

Mouseketeer
Just wonderered if any of you wonderful people can help.

I am from UK and have to attend a very special black tie event.

I am having problems with my hair and need to use straighteners. DO you know if I could buy some at LAX airport?? (Have a stop over here)

Cannot take my own from over here as they work on 240v and of course if I plug them into 110 the temperature doesn't get hot enough!

Hope someone can help?
Thanks in advance

Hi
The only thing I can think of is a store called Brookstones at Gate 5 in LAX...its all electronics and travel items....they might sell something like that..I remember seeing hairdryers in there. Hope this helps. I dont recall seeing any other stores that might sell things like that. Good luck!

I have 4a/b fine textured hair that loves protein. I use Giovanni Products that can be bought at Whole Foods, Target, Walmart, CVS, Pharmaca, and health food stores. Once a week, I use Giovanni Smooth As Silk (SAS) Deeper Moisture Shampoo to poo, SAS Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion or Direct Leave In as my leave in, I set my hair with Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam and/or Giovanni LA Natural Style Gel. I seal with Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie or EVCO or castor oil. When I need a moisture boost I use Vatika oil and Direct Leave In. I use the braid outs, curl outs or Curlformers to style.I have set up a particle system for hair on a model and I have it set to render ll the children in object and particle mode. Now in these modes all the hair particles are there, but when I render there are random spots where the effect is nonexistant. I'm not sure what I've done wrong, if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Cannot take my own from over here as they work on 240v and of course if I plug them into 110 the temperature doesn't get hot enough!

I wish someone had warned me of this last year. :rotfl:

The lucky thing was that when we got to Manchester airport we went around duty free and I picked up the most amazing GHDs (very beautiful looking they are! :lovestruc) and they work in USA. Most GHDs now a days can be used worldwide so have a look around whichever airport your flying from.

I thought my old straighters had broke when we got to Disney until I figured out why. Without my new ones I would have spent 10 days walking around Disney looking like Chewbacca. :chewy:

I thought my old straighters had broke when we got to Disney until I figured out why. Without my new ones I would have spent 10 days walking around Disney looking like Chewbacca. :chewy:

:lmao: if you can't get one at any of the airports, take a taxi to a nearby CVS (pharmacy). They'll have something for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter