• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT...Etsy??

4Pirates&APrincess

Mouseketeer
Is anyone familiar with Etsy and how it works? I found something that I wanted to purchase from a dealer on Etsy but am hesitant not knowing anything about how it works. Is it safe to use a card to order from someone on there? I do not have a paypal account so I would need to just use my debit card.
Thanks in advance for any information.

Yes, I have made dozens of purchases from various sellers and have never had a problem. I always look at their feedback carefully before I buy and almost all accept debit/credit via Paypal without a Paypal account. Also, if you buy more than one item from the same shop, it's best to contact the seller for a custom order to get the best price on shipping.

I LOVE Etsy!! :lovestruc The people I have purchased from have been fabulous and had the quality of the items has been great! Even though I have a PP account, I have noticed that you can "check out" with a CC or DC through them without an account.

I LOVE etsy! I've bought a few things on there and never had a problem.

I too am an Etsy fan. I have bought several items without any issues. My latest purchase was a Minnie Mouse inspired outfit for my daughter's 2nd birthday party. It took a little longer than expected to be delivered (but still in plenty of time for the party) and the seller was very helpful and even sent a bonus hairbow as an apology for the delay. It is one of my favorite sites to shop on especially if you want something unique that you can't find most places.

I am much more familiar with etsy than my husband would like, and I have never had a problem :)

I have also never had a problem. I have purchased several outfits from several different sellers for my daughter. They were all great quality. I'm currently trying to figure out what kind of outfit I want for her 1st birthday. Once I do, it will likely come from etsy. I'm thinking tutu with some kind of onsie or shirt.

Can you sell services on there? For example my wife worked for several years creating custom logos for MLB, NFL, NBA that were then embroidered on hats, jerseys etc. She owns a professional machine, and she does some side work out of the house now while she stays home with the kids. Could she sell a service of custom embroidery, and have folks send her garments to have things customized, or does it have to be a product. It seems like embroidery might be a good fit, because the items on there are so unique, perhaps that would fit with products sold on the site?

I know she wants to make more money. I think she feels like she isn't contributing enough (which is crazy because she does all the work). I just thought something like that will make her a couple extra bucks, and boost her self esteem in the process. Any advice or other ideas? (Sorry not trying to hijack this thread)

Can you sell services on there? For example my wife worked for several years creating custom logos for MLB, NFL, NBA that were then embroidered on hats, jerseys etc. She owns a professional machine, and she does some side work out of the house now while she stays home with the kids. Could she sell a service of custom embroidery, and have folks send her garments to have things customized, or does it have to be a product. It seems like embroidery might be a good fit, because the items on there are so unique, perhaps that would fit with products sold on the site?

I know she wants to make more money. I think she feels like she isn't contributing enough (which is crazy because she does all the work). I just thought something like that will make her a couple extra bucks, and boost her self esteem in the process. Any advice or other ideas? (Sorry not trying to hijack this thread)

sure, tons of people sell embroidered items on etsy and on ebay. As far as them mailing the items to her and that her sending them back, that would get crazy with shipping. Have a search on both sites and see what people are selling and maybe she can come up with something..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter