OT: EPCOT Millenium celebration; anyone been?

tmaxpuppy

DIS Veteran
was wondering if any of you had been to it and that whole building back there:) As a kid it was fun to me with throwing balls into the garbage cans and holes but i dont know. i want to see what ppl been there:)

Are you talking about the Millennium Village? That's a neat building - I wish they'd have it open more often!

ElectricLime said:
Are you talking about the Millennium Village? That's a neat building - I wish they'd have it open more often!

Yes, I put my hand on the future. Shared a dream together around the world...celebrating the future hand in hand, yadda yadda yadda.

I enjoyed that celebration and the Mill Vill, where the women's restroom
could double as a bowling alley. :)

Disney uses this building for special events. The Mother's Day brunch.
The Party for the Senses during the Food and Wine Festival.
Things like that.

I was there for the celebration also. I remember the mini-golf course and a "virtual" game that I don't remember exactly what it was but you stood on cirlces in two teams. There also was some sort of house thing that had different levels or something. I really do wish they had left this open, since it would have made a great addition to the EPCOT world showcase

then they had a special song that they now play after the fireworks show everyday:) (my mom bought the soudtrack)lol

I went at the end of the celebration, so I don't think the village was there. I don't remember it, although it was on the map. I may have just missed it when we went by. Sounds like fun. My high school marching band went together and we actually played "Reflections of Earth" as we marched down Main Street at Magic Kingdom. The show that the competition band did that year was Millenium Celebration, including "Reflections of Earth", "Tapestry of Nations", and "We Go On". Lots of fun.

Yes it was a great celebration and loved the stuff in that building. Do you remember the corn starch packing peanut the cm put in a test tube of water the dissolve? The Brazil exhibit for soccer. (You know the first time we went on a Disney cruise, one of the cm's from the soccer game, Vivian, was one of the counsellors in the kid's area. She took good care of ds on that cruise.) I remember the mini-golf, the food court area, the coffee ceremony, and so much more. Lot's of good memories. I've been in that building twice since the millenium celebration has been gone. Yep, good memories.

Is that the building between Canada and Great Britain.If so I went there for a special cook off event that was on Food Network.

kiddisney said:
Is that the building between Canada and Great Britain.If so I went there for a special cook off event that was on Food Network.
Yep. That is the one.

We loved the Tapestry of Nations parade. I can still hear that song in my head - that was cool. I liked the drummers. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter