OT Cedar Point Discount??

Nascia

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not Cedar Point still offers the option to add a second day on in the park. When I went two years ago, I remember an announcement that would let you purchase a next day ticket for $11. (i.e. You have a regular admission, not a night ticket, and upon exiting can buy a ticket for tomorrow for $11.) I want to take my Dh for his birthday and would be able to save $50 (total) if this is still available.

Also any advice on lodging would be greatly appreciated. Last time I went, we stayed in a complete dump for $100/ night, very disappointing. I would like to stay in Sandusky and keep driving to a minimum.

Thanks,

Kelly

I'm sorry that I cannot comment on if they are offering the $11 for the second day. I know that at the time they were offering it, they were having trouble with attendence and wanted to boost sales. I know they also lowered the senior and junior tickets recently so I can't imagine they'd do both, but I could be wrong.

On the hotel, a friend of mine has stayed at a Comfort Inn that is on Rt. 250 and Rt. 2 many many times and loves it! It has both an indoor and outdoor pool with a free continental breakfast. I can tell you for sure to stay away from the Clarion Inn and Best Budget Inn. The Clarion Inn is very run down and decor from the 70's. The Best Budget Inn is in deplorable condition on the inside. There was black mold in our rooms there and a friend of mine got very ill as well as many bugs inside. We wrote many letters including to the Attorney General and nothing has been done.

Thanks for the reply, I will have to check on the Comfort Inn. I know all about the Best Budget Inn, that's where we stayed last time :sad2: .

Hopefully someone who has gone this season would know. I would hate to buy the 2 day ride and slide ticket for $195 (3 of us), only to find out that I could have saved $50+.

Have you looked into the package deals at the Breakers Express (a Cedar Point hotel)? Their packages are really reasonable and can save quite a bit of money. They usually include admission (1 day and 1 starlight per person as well as a buy 1 get one free for Soak City), breakfast for 2 mornings (8 coupons usually) and free parking at the parks (parking is $9 per day otherwise!!!)

I haven't gone this year so I don't know about the second day discount but I think that those packages are definitely the way to go :thumbsup2

You can check out the package by going to the resorts section of www.cedarpoint.com

Have a great trip!!!

If none of those discounts work out, on specially marked Pepsi Cans, you can get $7 off per ticket (and pay $32.95 instead of $39.95).

every little bit helps. :)

You can also purchcase discounted tickets at Discount Drug Mart and Tops Supermarkets. AAA also has discounted tickets if you are a member.

regards

I am a season pass holder and I think you should try the local meijer stores. I believe they sell discounted tickets.

We just returned from Cedar Point.

If you stay in a Cedar Point hotel they reimburse your parking fee and you can purchase one day park tickets for $31.00 at the hotel desk. You can also purchase a 2 day Ride and Slide for $64 at the hotel desk.

We stayed at Breakers Hotel in a Lakeview Suite. I got reimbursed for parking. I also ordered a Ohio Sandusky toursim book ahead of time and it had coupons for $5 off a 2-day Ride and Slide for a price of $59.

Breakers has an older section of the hotel that offers the cheapest rooms for about $140 per night and up. If you stay on-site you also can enter the park an hour earlier. I like that you can take breaks during the day because you can walk to everything. And you are right on the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter