OT?: Anyone here live in Sarasota?

Gillian

DIS Veteran
I thought there was at least one regular poster on this board who lives in the Sarasota area. I'm just looking for a little info from a local or two.

DH's brother & wife live there. She's been in FL for a long time, BIL just since meeting her, maybe 8 years. Her whole family has since moved there as well (brother, sister, parents). We're all from NJ, mercer county.

Anyway, every time we visit we talk about moving. Looking at realtor.com it seems like there are a lot of foreclosures/bankowned houses and also newer homes going for a premium. Kind of confusing. Are things really bad? Probably we'd look for jobs, then rent down there and rent our house up here, in case things didn't work out.

My biggest concerns are the schools, the housing market, and the job market. I would hope that I could get work as a pharmacist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter