Orlando Weather in December

klh

Mouseketeer
I want to plan a trip to WDW for Dec 06. But my wife thinks it will be too cold. She like the warm weather, so she can go swimming and lay by the pool. What is the weather like in Dec. Please give me details on your Dec WDW trip concerning the weather.

Thank you

Well it can be all over the board. We have gone down where it was cold and wore sweatshirts and pants and we have gone to where we have worn short sleeve shirts and shorts.

The evenings can be cool and sometimes warm. 2003 Christmas party it was very cold I could have used gloves and I enjoyed the hot cocoa. 2004 Christmas party it was to hot for hot cocoa.

Plan for a variety of weather.

Hmmmm. We've been there twice and are returning this December.

Once it was 85 degrees, no rain, no humidity - perfect
Once it was 40 degrees morning/night and 60 during the day.

Either way, we had no rain - so it was great.

My experience was similar to LauraJean's. But, that was Christmas week for me. I've watched the weather in early December over the years and your chances of getting warm weather seem to still be pretty good. Right before Christmas seems to be when things start to "change".

I've only been in mid December once and that was last year. We are pool bums too and could only lay out by the pool for about an hour or two one afternoon. After that the highs were only in the llow 60s with a breeze during the day. Very cold at night. At MVMCP we had our winter coats, caps, and gloves on and were still freezing. Wind chills were in the low 30s. Of course, the week before we were there it was in the mid 80s and warm enough for swimming. So, you never know. We knew that the weather could be too cold for swimming but we wanted to see and experience the Christmas decorations and festivities at least once. I'm glad we went because the holiday season is magical at WDW. However, we don't plan on going back during the winter as we really missed our pool time.

Donna

We usually go to WDW in December or January, and the weather both times can be iffy. We have had 90 and 40 in the same trip. We don't usually care about the pools, but we do use the hot tubs, and sometimes the walk back to the villa when you are wet can be pretty nippy! I usually take along a sweatshirt for that trek.

Dec is our fav time to be in the World. All the decorations are up for Christmas. It is an extra festive time by WDW standards.
The weather like others posted is iffy. We have experienced 88* days and 55* nights in one trip. Then the next would be 55* days and 30* nights(with rain thrown in).
So go prepared for anything with fingers crossed.

We went right after Thanksgiving in '02, and it was pretty much freezing the whole time. Last year, we went Dec 3-10. It was pretty cool the first day, but after that we had highs in the mid-80's....WAY too hot for a Dec "holiday" vacation for us. As we drove to the airport on Dec 10, we got rained on, and could see a HUGH black cloud coming in...we were SOOO mad!! Not only did we miss the cold weather by one day, but our flight was delayed 4 hours because of the storm front!!

Of course, this time we are staying at BCV and our dd wants desperately to swim in SAB....so, it will be too cold. We are going Nov 26-Dec 3 (in case you want to know what days to avoid! ;) )

:wave:

Beca

We were there in Dec. 04 and as others have mentioned - it varied greatly from day to day. We took a wide variety of clothes and had enough to keep us comfortable the entire time. We relied upon the weather channel on the internet, watching it daily, up until time to leave to try to pack for the weather according to what they were predicting. I was glad we were prepared as it was sad to see so many children who were underdressed for the cold temperatures - they appeared pretty miserable.

that time of year you could be wearing shorts and t shirts everyday, or you could be wearin long pants and a sweatshirt everyday. or a mixture, so you have to pack everything.

Christmas of 2004 we began our trip on Dec. 25th in long pants, layered sweatshirts, gloves & earmuffs. It was a high of 42 and windy. By midweek, we were in the pool & watched fireworks at midnight on NYE in shorts & tee shirts. You never know.

We were there in Dec 94 and jan 95. The weather in Dec was too cool to swim. In Jan it was in the 80's. Who knows!!!

donmil723 said:
I've only been in mid December once and that was last year. We are pool bums too and could only lay out by the pool for about an hour or two one afternoon. After that the highs were only in the llow 60s with a breeze during the day. Very cold at night. At MVMCP we had our winter coats, caps, and gloves on and were still freezing. Wind chills were in the low 30s. Of course, the week before we were there it was in the mid 80s and warm enough for swimming. So, you never know. We knew that the weather could be too cold for swimming but we wanted to see and experience the Christmas decorations and festivities at least once. I'm glad we went because the holiday season is magical at WDW. However, we don't plan on going back during the winter as we really missed our pool time.

Donna

Same here! We were there 12/11-12/18 and it was cold... And 3 of us came down with the flu and we missed our MVMCP night. :cold:
We did have fun. But, my DW definately doesn't want to chance being in FLA again when it could be cold.. It may be a few years before I can convince her to try Dec again.

I do recall it being warm before and after our trip. As others have said, temps can have a large range...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter