Orlando weather experts.

imatoad

DIS Veteran
Just checked the extended forecast for the Orlando area and each day has scattered thunderstorms. Am I correct in assuming these showers are due to the high temps. and pop up as opposed to all day rain? I just remember being there in June once as a kid and it rained non-stop the whole time there.

thunderstorms are a threat everyday. I am going in August and am more worried about hurricanes. To the point....... you should have a great stay! :)

While the possibility of 'all day rain' is there.. most times what you're looking at is a 4pm thundershower. That's pretty standard.

Knox

I grew up in Gainesville, Fl and lived in Orlando for a few years as well. Now I live in southern Cali, and I actually miss those afternoon thundershowers. I tell people that and they think I am nuts. I just love hearing all the rain and the thunder, I kinda find it relaxing. Good time for a nap or to curl up and read.
We are going back for our trip in July and I am really looking forward to some rainy afternoons.

Michele

Just got back from CBR tonight. Weather was hot, hot, make that HOT, from Thursday to Saturday, thunderstorms were in the forecast, got the lightning, but the rain drops I could have counted on one hand. The five days previous to Thursday were nice, around 85.

We're getting into our Summer pattern a little early. The rain chances are pretty much tied to the afternoon seabreeze collision. The storms will come quickly and not last too long. This time of year, the only way we get an all day rain is if a tropical system comes through. Mornings will almost always be clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter