Orlando Gas Station-Highest in Country!

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
$5.39 a gallon!:scared1: Taking advantage of airport location. rental car return, warm destination...:mad: total gouging
Suncoast Energy Gas Station...if traveling fill up further out form the airport, and if going to WDW, stay on property and drive less, lol...may actually be cheaper to eat on site than driving out!

Cheapest is Montana

The municipality needs to share the blame. Most places require stations post the price of gas so drivers know the price before they pull up to the pump.

That is horrible. I hate people that take advantage to the extreme.

We ran into the same problem the last time we rented a car (October 2010) and tried to fill it up near the airport. What a ripoff! We had our GPS find another gas station, and then another one... and it wasn't until we were about 9-10 miles from the airport that we found a reasonable price. Fortunately, we had lots of time to kill so it wasn't too big of a deal but what a learning experience.

Did you notice how almost all the gas stations in the area have signs on them that say "local residents come inside for your VIP discount"? In other words, they only want to gouge the tourists... sheesh. :headache:

I was there in January and pulled into that exact station to fill up. It had no advertised prices on the street but luckily I noticed before I started to fill up. I then proceeded to to tell everyone that had just pulled up. But some people were already filling up and didn't care. Right up the road are several gas stations with normal prices.

Gas, at the time, was $4.59 a gallon at that station.

I can't image people would pay that when there are cheap gas prices down the road. I'm sure it will be lower ASAP

Because...

...a signifcant number of Orlando vacationers are not from this country (they are from Europe, and other places where gas/petrol is even higher!).

So, while that number may not look right to someone from, say, New Jersey, it probably looks like a "bargain" to someone vacationing from Germany.

That station is always the highest because of the tourists so that is nothing new.

The municipality needs to share the blame. Most places require stations post the price of gas so drivers know the price before they pull up to the pump.
Orlando has passed an ordinance which requires this. However, they are being sued by this and another nearby gas station saying it is discrimination.

So don't blame the City!

When I lived in Orlando in the mid 90s the gas prices were higher in general than they were in Atlanta where I moved from. I believe they still are.

Also gas stations close to the airport/port rental car retrurns are usually higher no matter what city you're in.

It's not just tourists. Remember there are a lot of people there on business who are on expense accounts and just don't care what the gas costs. They're in a hurry, he's closest to the airport, so they just fill up and probably never even look at the price.

As long as this guy can find people to pay, he can charge whatever he wants. When people stop paying, he'll lower his prices.

When we were there in December Dollar required that we show a gas receipt indicating that we had not filled up more than 10 miles from the station. Dollar also required this in Boston.

When we were there in December Dollar required that we show a gas receipt indicating that we had not filled up more than 10 miles from the station. Dollar also required this in Boston.

Really? I'll have to remember that, and not use Dollar! My DH and I learned the hard way a few years ago, not to fill up at one of the gas stations near the airport, the prices were crazy! Luckily, we found one that wasn't too bad and filled up, but now, we fill up before we leave WDW and it hasn't been a problem yet. :confused3 We always use Alamo and they don't ask for receipts.

$5.39 a gallon!:scared1: Taking advantage of airport location. rental car return, warm destination...:mad: total gouging
Suncoast Energy Gas Station...if traveling fill up further out form the airport, and if going to WDW, stay on property and drive less, lol...may actually be cheaper to eat on site than driving out!

Cheapest is Montana

That place is ALWAYS so much higher than everywhere else and if you don't look at the pump before pumping gas you will end up paying the fortune. It almost happened to me last summer but I saw the previous buyers total and thought that it was surely wrong. I could not believe people were paying those ridiculous prices when a cheaper gas station is just down the road.

that price is crazy...we are waiting for our dates to come out for Southwest...at this rate I dont think that we will get a deal. it maybe to expensive to fly or drive while there...I cant win for losing....was going to stay offsite to save money (of course would have to get a car)

Use gasbuddy.com to find cheaper gas prices wherever you live or around the airport. We used it last time we were in Orlando and managed to avoid all of the higher-priced stations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter