Orlando BBQ

mkb3

DIS Veteran
I'm a BBQ fanatic and with each vacation I try to find a local BBQ joint to try out. Any suggestions for the Orlando area?

Check out Bubbalou's (which is near Universal) and Sonny's (near the Florida Mall). We've eaten at both and were very pleased with the food.

4 Rivers is anazing and has a huge cult following. It's been ranked as one of the best BBQ places in the country.

The Polite Pig is also opening at Disney springs, this is run by a local company and the menu is now available to look at.

Another vote for Sonny's. We haven't been to the Orlando location but visit the Haines City location from time to time.

4 Rivers is the place for BBQ in Orlando,I'll throw Yellow Dog Eats out there for how unique the place is,located in a 100+ year old general store in the middle of a neighborhood surrounded by houses and serving unique sandwiches mostly with pulled pork.Its not a full fledged BBQ place but worth checking out.For the traditional BBQ place with tons of options and sides go with 4 Rivers.

I agree 4 Rivers is probably the best. Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ is not bad either. Inside the parks Flame Tree BBQ is my favorite. Sea World also has a pretty good pulled pork sandwich too.

I agree 4 Rivers is probably the best. Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ is not bad either. Inside the parks Flame Tree BBQ is my favorite. Sea World also has a pretty good pulled pork sandwich too.
The Smokehouse at Sea World is not bad at all but they don't have pulled pork,at least right now.I have the passholder dining plan that gets me an entree,side or dessert and drink any day I visit the park at any of the CS restaurants so I'm familiar with their menus.The Smokehouse has chicken,spare ribs,brisket and baby backs,the plan allows me to pick anything except the baby backs.

I've been to at least a half dozen Sonny's (They're a chain and *not* local. Note that their sign says "local" pitmasters, which just means they've hired someone who lives nearby.) over the years and was horrified at what they called BBQ. I've not darkened their doors in over 10 years, so maybe they've fixed it. I'd be surprised if they had.

A lot of people swear by Cecil's if you like Texas BBQ. Bubbalou's is high on the list as well. I'm going to have to check out 4 Rivers.

Another vote here for 4 Rivers. It's our family tradition to eat there every time we're in town.

Four River is a family tradition for us as well! We are about an hour and half from Atlanta and their location opens next month!

So the Video the guys did yesterday has me wanting to hit up the Polite Pig now. Thanks for the info everyone.

Ate at bubbalou's today. Have been since it opened many years ago. I prefer it over 4 Rivers but I can see why others wouldn't.

The Smokehouse at Sea World is not bad at all but they don't have pulled pork,at least right now.I have the passholder dining plan that gets me an entree,side or dessert and drink any day I visit the park at any of the CS restaurants so I'm familiar with their menus.The Smokehouse has chicken,spare ribs,brisket and baby backs,the plan allows me to pick anything except the baby backs.

BBQ pulled pork sandwiches were on the menu in Feb. at Spice Mill. I assume it is still there because it was on the big wooden menu on the wall. Voyagers never had pulled pork even during Bands Brew and BBQ years. Did you get the $79 eat all year plan? We did not get it because the brisket wasn't included in that one.

BBQ pulled pork sandwiches were on the menu in Feb. at Spice Mill. I assume it is still there because it was on the big wooden menu on the wall. Voyagers never had pulled pork even during Bands Brew and BBQ years. Did you get the $79 eat all year plan? We did not get it because the brisket wasn't included in that one.

I think you're correct,at the Spice mill I think pulled pork is/was an option.I'm not sure if it still is but I know its not ordered a lot there,burgers seem to be the main thing at the Spice mill,you would also think pulled pork would be at the smokehouse.Youre also correct that the brisket was not an option on the all year plan but about a month ago they tweaked the menu a bit,like they used to have 2 sizes of spare ribs and the all year plan could only order the smaller one,well they changed to only one size spare ribs and I asked if brisket was now an option for the plan and they said yes,I've had the brisket twice since.Another addition to the plan that wasn't on it originally is the pretzel place.You can get one of the entree pretzels,with bratwurst,meatballs,bacon with chips and dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter