Oreo Bon Bons (Cape May Cafe)

rrali33tt

Mouseketeer
I just read about these on the Disneyfoodblog.com

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...ub-marketplace/comment-page-1/#comment-414457

I have never had the pleasure of trying these, but they look devine! I found a recipe for them online and I am thinking of making them for a party this weekend. What exactly are they coated in? The recipe says to coat them in chocolate ganache, but from the picture it looks like they are coated in some sort of chocolate cake? Can anyone who has had them tell me what exactly they are coated in and what type of chocolate (milk? dark?) Thanks!

I think it was a milk chocolate ganache and not cake like but choco covered. That picture, in your link, doesn't look like what we had...I'll have to see if there are any pics here on the Dis. We didn't think they were all that, but I know lots of folks LOVE them. They should be a hit at your party.

They are covered in very fine chocolate crumbs. I don't know if it is shaved chocolate or cookie crumbs. They are amazing and heavingly. One of my favorite desserts in all of WDW!

Note that Cape May no longer serves them! but apparently you can buy them at the Beach Club Marketplace.

Maybe I will attempt to chop milk chocolate in a food processor then coat some of them in that and dust with cocoa powder and top with the dark chocolate ganache?

if anyone has any other ideas...please post :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter