Ordering pizza from the resorts

kandb

DIS Veteran
To save $$$ we are thinking of ordering pizza a few nights while staying at the YC/GF. We figured we would sit outside the nice pools and eat pizza. Any suggestions? Good idea?

NOT Disney pizza:crazy2:

If you are just looking for cheap. We were just at Kidani and ordered from Domino's. They had medium two topping pizza for 6 bucks each. We had ordered three. Total was $21.87 , we added $5 bucks for tip. I believe one large pizza from boardwalk pizza is about $23.

I'm sure someone will come on with names of good pizza places, but we aren't fussy with pizza.

I'd actually also suggest Domino's...it's my favorite cheap and no fuss pizza when I just want cheap and no fuss pizza. You can change up sauces and toppings to make anything you want and I love that, since I have a kid who doesn't do tomato sauce (but he'll eat a light coating of Domino's garlic parm and that's a lifesaver for me, so I never fix what isn't broken:)...

EDIT: Also, I don't think anyone currently beats the Domino's deal in Orlando...most places don't give you the best national deals there, and the local deals are only slightly cheaper than Disney proper (although they will taste better)...

We ordered Papa Johns while we were staying at AKL. It was amazing. Literally the best food we ate at WDW.

Sorry to the pizza loves of NYC, etc. But it was sooooo good!

We snag Giordano's when at Disney. Either they deliver or we pick it up during the day of our car rental.
I can have Domino's/Papa Johns any of the 365 days a year if desparate(frozen Totino's is better than Dominos anyway).

It's very pricey, and very good.
We honestly don't think Disney pizza is that bad either.

So funny. My kids love dominos/papa johns. My husband is not crazy about their pizza but for a night or two, we can deal with it. If we go to a sit down dinner at a nice place in Disney, it's usually around $125ish. Ordering dominos/papa johns will save us around $100 for dinner, so we will do it. Thanks

PS I think we ordered Giodano's? when we stayed at seaworld and really liked it.

We snag Giordano's when at Disney. Either they deliver or we pick it up during the day of our car rental.
I can have Domino's/Papa Johns any of the 365 days a year if desparate(frozen Totino's is better than Dominos anyway).

It's very pricey, and very good.
We honestly don't think Disney pizza is that bad either.

As a kid, I would have agreed with you - we had an awful Dominos...but the last few years, when they went on their quality kick and suckered me in with a deal...it got world's better (at least where I live)...and they'll make me anything, even a 1/2 cheese steak pizza (steak, cheddar, onions, roasted red pepper) with a 1/2 cheese pizza for the $5.99 (so I get 4 toppings on my side while kids get the plain side:)...

Now, this is nothing like Jersey shore or NYC pizza (what I grew up on)...but for a cheap dinner where mom doesn't cook in an area with none of that, I can't complain...

As a kid, I would have agreed with you - we had an awful Dominos...but the last few years, when they went on their quality kick and suckered me in with a deal...it got world's better (at least where I live)...and they'll make me anything, even a 1/2 cheese steak pizza (steak, cheddar, onions, roasted red pepper) with a 1/2 cheese pizza for the $5.99 (so I get 4 toppings on my side while kids get the plain side:)...

Now, this is nothing like Jersey shore or NYC pizza (what I grew up on)...but for a cheap dinner where mom doesn't cook in an area with none of that, I can't complain...

Omg, this is so true. My college age kids order Dominos all the time, and it is suprisingly better than other delivery pizza in town. And cheap. It's hilarious how often they order it despite a fridge full of food. Totinos, which I will admit to having in my freezer, is nowhere near that good--it doesn't even have real cheese on it.

Just in case you not aware avoid any fliers of pizza delivery placed tn hotel room etc. because of credi card fraud.

Not sure how is lately.

Not sure about the scamming for every flyer, but we did get a flyer under the door at Kidani a few days ago.

https://giordanos.com/ is very good IMO and have ordered from them when staying at FW in the cabins as well as when visiting Chicago. They are a Chicago based that also has a few restaurants in FLA as well as a few other states. They specialize in deep dish stuffed pizza but also have thin crust available.

I eat domino's at home and it's not bad but quite expensive, where's the nearest one to Disney World?

Another Giordano's fan. We have had Flippers, but prefer the deep dish style of Giordano's. I am surprised by all the Papa Johns and Dominos fans.

It's b/c I'm not a deep dish fan...and I have the kid who doesn't do tomato...most places won't give you any options except no sauce if you don't like tomato (looking at Giordano's, you get tomato sauce as your base for your online order...period:).

And Domino's price, especially in Orlando, has become almost unbeatable. If the Op wants cheap and easy and yet decent, it meets all the parameters. You can walk out with 3 2 topping medium pizzas for about $20 (and delivered, probably about $26-$27). At Giordano's, it looks like 1 plain medium costs that much. Now, I'm sure it's bigger and probably better, but when everyone wants different sauces and toppings, it's easier to buy a 1/2 medium for each person and call it a day at Domino's (and have the leftovers for breakfast)...

My normal order (at home) is (for under $20 carryout):
1 medium with light garlic parm alfredo sauce with pepperoni (full pizza), spinach (1/2 pizza) and green pepper (1/2 pizza) - spouse and son share - spouse gets the 3 toppings
1 medium with tomato sauce with provolone (full) and parm (full)
1 medium with tomato sauce with 1/2 plain and 1/2 steak, roasted red pepper, onions, and cheddar

If we had to agree on toppings and sauces, we'd have a mutiny:)...Domino's sizing and deals means we don't have to (and mom has an easy night and a happy family - is it my favorite - no, but I'm not buying pizza usually for me to love - I wouldn't anyway b/c I'd want my Jersey pizza:)...

Domino's local to Disney is
  • Store #3821
  • 8578 Palm Pkwy
  • Orlando, FL 32836

https://giordanos.com/ is very good IMO and have ordered from them when staying at FW in the cabins as well as when visiting Chicago. They are a Chicago based that also has a few restaurants in FLA as well as a few other states. They specialize in deep dish stuffed pizza but also have thin crust available.

I think we have had Giordano's before but I just looked and it's $22.00 for a large pie, without delivery. We live in northern NJ and have great pizzeria's here and a large pie is around $12. Giordano's pizza might be good but that price is ridiculous for a large pie. Thanks for the info.

For those that ordered Domino's, how do you ensure that you get the right Domino's location to deliver to you at your resort? My family tried the app and the numbers I got from some of the CM's at the AKL (including the Palm Parkway location), but they all cancelled the order and said that their location "didn't deliver to Disney".

If you are just looking for cheap. We were just at Kidani and ordered from Domino's. They had medium two topping pizza for 6 bucks each. We had ordered three. Total was $21.87 , we added $5 bucks for tip. I believe one large pizza from boardwalk pizza is about $23.

I'm sure someone will come on with names of good pizza places, but we aren't fussy with pizza.

Can you tell me which Domino's location you order from for delivery to Kidani? Our kids really enjoy Dominos and it's such a cheap way to feed folks quickly. We'll probably do at least one pizza night while we're at Kidani in November.

When I had Domino's Delivered to my home .. the following info was asked (online)

We just need to know where you are so we can find your nearest store.

Address Type:Hotel
*Street Address:
Suite/Apt #
*City:
State:
Zip Code:

**Hotel is one of the options when clicking on Address Type**

Last edited:
Can you tell me which Domino's location you order from for delivery to Kidani? Our kids really enjoy Dominos and it's such a cheap way to feedfolks quickly. We'll probably do at least one pizza night while we're at Kidani in November.

I'll have to check to DS, he did the ordering. I thought the pizza was good, plus he brought some plates, napkins,packets of cheese and red pepper flakes.

He found the info......

our Domino's Store (3232): 8681 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway Kissimmee FL 34747 | 407-238-2266

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter