Ordering off kids menus

shosh1530

DIS Veteran
When we went to Disneyland in June my son was still 9 and we were able to order off the kids menu at both quick service and table service places.

We are planning a trip in January now with friends and he is turning 10. How strict are they on the 9 and under? We will be dining with other kids age 9 and 5. He also also has special needs and is a super selective eater. There is no way he will eat the types of things on the adult menus at any of the sit-down venues – and often even with the kid's menu we'll need to modify (ordering pasta without the cheese, etc.)

If they are super strict, can we order off the kid menu but pay more? Or should I resign myself to just eating all meals quick service?

No one has ever asked us how old she is, and she turned 10 on our last trip. I would not worry too much.

I order off the kids menu and it's been 60 years since I was 9.
I believe the only time AGE will be an issue is for buffet character meals.

Have a fun trip!!

I order off the kids menu and it's been 60 years since I was 9.

Same. I ordered at WDW about a week ago at multiple locations and It's been a couple decades since I was 9. The kids meals are more balanced than the adult meals and the portions are a better fit for me.

I often order kid meals when everybody else is super hungry and I'm not. I think kid prices only matter for buffet and dining plans.

I've been wondering about this, too. Our DD was 9 when we originally booked our trip but is going to be 11 when we go in January. She likes plain food and does not eat meat.

When we did the River Belle Terrace Fantasmic dinner they refused to let my 13 yo order off the kid menu. I was assuming it would be difficult to order off the kid menu at any of the sit down locations, but from the replies here it sounds like it won't be a problem. Maybe that was just because we'd ordered a special dining package.

For myself I often order off the kid's menu at counter service places but haven't tried at an of the sit down locations. I will this time, though! The portions are better for me alot of the time.

I've been wondering about this, too. Our DD was 9 when we originally booked our trip but is going to be 11 when we go in January. She likes plain food and does not eat meat.

When we did the River Belle Terrace Fantasmic dinner they refused to let my 13 yo order off the kid menu. I was assuming it would be difficult to order off the kid menu at any of the sit down locations, but from the replies here it sounds like it won't be a problem. Maybe that was just because we'd ordered a special dining package.

For myself I often order off the kid's menu at counter service places but haven't tried at an of the sit down locations. I will this time, though! The portions are better for me alot of the time.
Pre fixe menus and meal packages are a bit different. Did you ask them if you could pay adult prices for her but get kids food? Sometimes that's the issue, because the CMs think you're asking to charger a "Disney adult" as a "Disney Kid"

We just got back from our trip. Our 26-year old DS has autism and is a selective eater. He ordered chicken nuggets off the kids' menus at several places. No issues at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter