• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ordering in from Palo?

CourtneyMc

Mouseketeer
I saw in a trip report something about ordering choc. souffles from Palo. However, the trip report was from someone in the Disney suite. So, I'm wondering, is that something you can only do if you're in a suite?

If it is a perk just for those in the suites, does anyone know if it's possible to just go up to Palo and get say dessert and coffee later in the evening or anything like that- on a night you don't have a res. to eat there.

thanks!

Courtney

Only Cat.'s 1 & 2 can order in from the Palo menu.

I do believe that you can go up there though without a ressie and have dessert and drinks at the bar though.

After getting to know our servers we begged them to sneak some down to us as ALP (one of them). We couldn't get enough for our whole table (10), but we shared 6.

On our last night, our servers were nice enough to get us two souffles. We rewarded their kindness!

I thought it was actually Categories 1, 2 & 3 - as part of the concierge service?? I was really looking forward to being able to pig out in our suite without anyone seeing how much I could actually put away!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We were in a Cat. 3 last year and I thought the same thing, but only 1 & 2 can order from Palo. All the suites though can order from any of the restuarants or special menus.

I'm booked in a cat 3 for our upcoming August 7 night western, and was told by Disney reservations that cat 3 can order from Palo as well for room service. I'm going to check that out - it was a perk as we'll be getting dinner in at least a couple of times!

happymommy said:
I'm booked in a cat 3 for our upcoming August 7 night western, and was told by Disney reservations that cat 3 can order from Palo as well for room service. I'm going to check that out - it was a perk as we'll be getting dinner in at least a couple of times!

Please let us know if you can with a CAT 3!

j

I had heard that Cat 3 can order room service from Palo. Would like to know what the current policy is.

Woody

NCardella said:
On our last night, our servers were nice enough to get us two souffles. We rewarded their kindness!

Our servers did that too...people at the table next to us told their servers "I want whatever it is they are having" after seeing ours but were told it was special and they couldn't get them one since they take so long to make and our servers had prearranged it.

Sorry, but I would not bank on what DCL CS tells you. There have been way too many instances of them giving out incorrect information. There are many people on this board who have stayed in category three suites and if a change had been made...we would have heard about it.

You are able to order from the regular dining room menus for room service. Here is a thread on category 3 concierge services.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1037501&page=1&pp=15&highlight=concierge

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1147870&highlight=concierge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter