Ordering from the Children's menu?

supergirl1221

Earning My Ears
Hey! I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not adults could order from the Kids menu at the Disney table service restaurants even if the menu specifies for ages 3-9? I would not mind paying a small fee for ordering from the children's menu, sometimes I am just not that hungry and it would be nice if I could eat something small and not have to pay so much for something I could not possibly eat all of. Plus, what about the counter service restaurants? I figure since parents often order for their children, anyone could probably order off the kids menu but I just wanted to double check :)
Anyway, if anyone knows I would love to find out. Thanks a bunch! :thumbsup2

Anyone can order from the kids menu :goodvibes The only time there is an issue is if you are using the DDP, but if you are paying OOP feel free to order whatever you'd like.

Counter service is no problem. I have done this many times. They have know way of knowing who the meal is for and I don't think it matters. I am glad to hear adults can order for TS from the kids menu. Sometimes I can't eat a lot and it's great to know it can be done.

Counter service is no problem. I have done this many times. They have know way of knowing who the meal is for and I don't think it matters. I am glad to hear adults can order for TS from the kids menu. Sometimes I can't eat a lot and it's great to know it can be done.

My BIL is a pickier eater than most small children :laughing: When they went to WDW with us he ate off the children's menu at pretty much every TS we went to, including Spoodles & Mama Melroses

OOH! Glad to know! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I rarely can eat a full adult size portioned plate, so unless DH and I split, there's always wasted food, and I hate that! (especially w/ the cost! :eek: )

My family did this a few years ago at HBD and our server couldn't have been any more accomodating. :goodvibes Both my Dsis' and myself didn't want too heavy of a lunch. We all ordered the kid's chicken meal. Our server said we could double or triple it if we wanted. We decided to get just the regular serving. It was just right, left room for dessert later. The only difference was we had to pay for our drinks (normally inc. with kid's meals). So, that was our experience.

And like PP have stated, you can order kid's meals for adults or adult meals for kids at CS.

My Mom is a senior and has had no problems asking for a children's menu at many restaurants...we were told the only place it wasn't allowed was a buffet, of course. We did find at some of the TS restaurants that my Mom didn't get the drink or ice cream that was supposed to come with her meal but that was okay with us. My Mom hates wasting food and being able to order off the kid's menu is great because it is the perfect size meal for her.

It's good to know they will allow adults to order off the childrens menus at table service restaurants. Thanks everyone! I always get childrens meals for lunch at the counter service - I like the Mac N Cheese, with some fruit. I physically couldn't eat more than that in the middle of the day and I too would rather pay less for a smaller portion and not be wasteful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter