• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ordering Disney rewards card

twinkles0819

Mouseketeer
I am going to WDW on August 12th of this year and I was wondering when I should order my Disney rewards card from Disney Visa. My statements close on the 20th of each month so I have one more billing cycle to get through before my trip. But I was thinking about ordering one now just so I have it in hand.

Could I transfer the next set of rewards I get for next month?? Or does that have to be in 20 incremints too???

Thanks for your help:D

To order the card you need a minimum of $20. To transfer additional rewards you only need $10. We ordered ours and left $10+ dollars in the "bank" to transfer with any additional rewards at the last minute. It took less than a week to get the card and the customer service rep said that I can transfer the balance in a matter of minutes.

Originally posted by AspiringCindy
What number do I call to get my rewards card?
You can call the number on back of the card 1-800-300-8575 to order your reward card.

I ordered my Rewards card on Sunday and they said it was to be shipped on Tuesday. I just I should receive it within the next couple of days.

Just so you know,
Your card will expire in one year. I think if you "add on" any reward points to a card you already have, they also expire on the date that is on the card. So if you transfer more points in June of next year onto your current card they will expire in one month. At least that's how the representative explained it to me.

I just got my rewards card and is says to call the number listed on the card to validate it. Should I call immediately or should I wait until we are ready to actually use it ???

When I ordered my rewards card I had them only put the $20 needed on it. I called the day before check out and had the rest of my reward $$ moved onto the card - it was done immediately - since I had used my room card for all of my charges, I just went to the front desk and she applied my rewards to the bill - no problem at all.

One reason why I did it this way is because any rewards moved to the card are immediately given an expiration date (mine was the end of the year) unlike the (5 or 8, I forget?!) years that you get while they remain in your account. I didn't want to chance loosing any points 'just in case' something cancelled and/or ended our trip early.

REMEMBER - once you move those points to the rewards card they will have an expiration date - and they can't be moved backed if you don't use them !!

Where and how do you get additional rewards added to your card? Also, do I have to wait until the end of the billing cycle to get rewards that have been accumulated for that month?

Cindy - there is an 800# on the back of the rewards card that you can call to get your rewards points transferred over to the card almost immediately. My billing cycle ends about the 4th or 5th of the month- we left on the 10th (moved the remainder of my points over on the 15th) and I was able to transfer my rewards from that prior month (yes, the cycle had just ended) - but before I had actually paid the bill (due at the end of the month)- that did surprise me (and gave me a few extra reward points!). :smooth:

Originally posted by bjakmom
why I did it this way is because any rewards moved to the card are immediately given an expiration date (mine was the end of the year) unlike the (5 or 8, I forget?!) years that you get while they remain in your account. I didn't want to chance loosing any points 'just in case' something cancelled and/or ended our trip early.

REMEMBER - once you move those points to the rewards card they will have an expiration date - and they can't be moved backed if you don't use them !!

Just as an FYI, if you have a Disney Store near you you can use your reward dollars to buy Disney Dollars. I had $22 on my card that was due to expire in November--and we're not going to Disney until February. I wasn't sure if it would work, but I went to the Disney Store and was able to purchase Disney Dollars with no problem. In general though, I agree it's easiest to wait to transfer the rewards until close to the time you're going to use them.

bjakmom, where in South Jersey do you live? Do you go to the Eschelon Mall for a Disney Store or somewhere else?

Originally posted by AspiringCindy
What number do I call to get my rewards card?

I ordered mine through Bank One's web site for the Disney Visa. I received the reward card in about a week.

SuzieQ,

I'm in South Jersey, too. But our closest Disney store is Deptford Mall, but I do like the Echelon one better!

Kfeuer,

I thought I read somewhere else on the boards that you couldn't buy Disney Dollars with the rewards. Unless it varies by the Disney Store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter