ordering and getting groceries delivered to BCV?

Canadian Tom

DIS Veteran
Hello: We're(2 seniors) staying in a studio at BCV for 12 nights and were wondering about food. Is it worth is ordering and getting groceries delivered? If so from whom, how and how much for delivery? Recommendations?? Thanks Canadian Tom

We use Instacart and order through the app. We usually select Publix as the grocery supplier. Some people choose to get their groceries from the limited grocery section in the Marketplace at Beach Club but Instacart has a wider variety and lower prices compared to the Marketplace.

We used Garden Grocer back in 2014 and the service was good. We've driven to WDW ever since so now we just pick up what we need ourselves.

I have been using Instacart for several years now. They order from the Publix and you get the same prices (including discounts) that are in the store.

Yes, it's worth it. I use groceries for breakfast, lunch, alcohol, and non-alcohol beverages.

We use Instacart to order from Publix for groceries. We are a family of 5, so we usually stay in 2 bedrooms, so we have enough storage and fridge space to get the single delivery. The grocery delivery options usually have pretty high fees, so we do the one large order instead of a few smaller ones.

When we stay in a studio, we don't order much that needs to be refridgerated - there's not much room in the mini fridge for a long stay. We would get delivery for the non-perishable items, then just buy smaller milk at the resort as we needed it.

We've had good experience with all of walmart delivery, instacart, amazon fresh, and amazon whole foods. If you're in a studio for 12 days, I might suggest intentionally planning on 2-3 separate orders for at least refrigerated goods if you plan on ordering any. The incremental cost is minimal, and i hate stressing about mini-fridge tetris, especially if it prevents me from saving leftovers or desserts i bring home from parks/restaurants.

We frequently used Garden Grocer on our trips until this past summer. We used Amazon Fresh. The prices and selection seemed a bit better than GG. We will be sticking with Amazon Fresh for our May trip.

We had good luck with Magical Vacation Grocers. He charges a flat fee instead of marking up prices (which I prefer) and can shop at places like Trader Joe’s where most won’t go.

We ended up eating 1-2 meals in per day and even with a generous tip definitely saved money.

We have had good experience with Shipt, similar to Instacart. Shipt is owned by Target and is its official partner. You can order using Shipt directly through the Target app (or Target web page) to receive in-store pricing and your Target RED card discount and coupons. On our most recent trip I signed up for a monthly Shipt membership ($10.99), just in case I had to place additional orders during our trip, will cancel before next billing. In Target app/webpage set your resort address as the default delivery address and pick a Target. Some Target stores carry a wider selection than others, so if you don’t find your groceries at one, switch stores (believe we used the Target at 3200 Rolling Oaks Kissimmee on our last trip).
After your groceries have been delivered, you can go back into the app to rate & tip your shopper, 100% of the tip will go to the shopper.

edit: minimum $35 order

Last edited:
It looks like you are from Canada, so this might not apply, but we've used Walmart+ for our last 3 trips and they have been great (and if you are a Walmart+ member, delivery is free).

Has anyone tried the Kroger delivery service? It seems to be relatively new to the Orlando/DIsney area.

When people have grocery's delivered do you have to say leave with "guest services"? Also I assume like other resorts they put refrigerated stuff in a fridge?

Leave with Bell Services, last name on bags and yes Bell Services will place items in fridge or freezer.

I used Walmart+, they deliver alcohol and any household stuff like toiletries also. There's nothing I needed they didn't have. And we've even ordered things we forgot like swimsuits and floss and such. For alcohol, you have to meet the driver and show them ID. The app is very good at showing you when they will arrive. I bring down a stroller or an empty suitcase or two to get it, but I'm sure you could get Bell Services to help you with a cart.

You can pay with Paypal, which I think works for Canadians?

Pricing won't be better than Walmart anywhere. I tip pretty well, probably $20 on a huge order. If Bell Services helped, you would need to tip them too.

Last edited:
Hello: We're(2 seniors) staying in a studio at BCV for 12 nights and were wondering about food. Is it worth is ordering and getting groceries delivered? If so from whom, how and how much for delivery? Recommendations?? Thanks Canadian Tom
Be cognizant of the fact of limited storage space in a studio, particularly cold storage. The refrigerators are dorm-size, and the freezer compartments are tiny (and I’m not sure there always is one). So as suggested above, you might need to place several orders over the course of 12 days, depending on what you want. And the cooking facilities in a studio are limited to a microwave and a toaster. Some guests are very creative in what and how they cook!

Be cognizant of the fact of limited storage space in a studio, particularly cold storage. The refrigerators are dorm-size, and the freezer compartments are tiny (and I’m not sure there always is one). So as suggested above, you might need to place several orders over the course of 12 days, depending on what you want. And the cooking facilities in a studio are limited to a microwave and a toaster. Some guests are very creative in what and how they cook!
Here's the refrigerator at Copper Creek as an example of a studio refrigerator. It does not have a freezer.

IMG_4402.jpeg

I used Walmart+, they deliver alcohol and any household stuff like toiletries also. There's nothing I needed they didn't have. And we've even ordered things we forgot like swimsuits and floss and such. For alcohol, you have to meet the driver and show them ID. The app is very good at showing you when they will arrive. I bring down a stroller or an empty suitcase or two to get it, but I'm sure you could get Bell Services to help you with a cart.

You can pay with Paypal, which I think works for Canadians?

Pricing won't be better than Walmart anywhere. I tip pretty well, probably $20 on a huge order. If Bell Services helped, you would need to tip them too.
We also use walmart mostly for the prices, but we've had some issues with them. Dumb things like ordered 5 oz walmart paper cups, those were out so didn't replace with anything. Last trip, we had ordered $100 or so, it was out for delivery, getting closer, getting closer, it was delivered. Huh, I've been sitting here for 20 mins. Phone calls, couldn't be delivered went back to store. Will be sent out again. ok....30 mins later, I get an email it was cancelled. Just that, we're sorry, we had to cancel. I had to make a old new order for the next day........

Yes, nothing it perfect, just wanted to point out to a new user, it's not always as wonderful as your experience. We have used them about 8 times. Most times the worst has been out of a few things. Never had the order just cancelled on us until last trip.

And we do plan on using them next trip.

We usually go for a 14 day trip and we find having food in the villa is super convenient: whether it’s for there or to go. Also it allows you to have the preferred foods or sundries that they don’t stock at the marketplace. Also, we tack on sundries that would be a pain to pack but would be convenient for a long trip. Bath sponges, large bottle of lotion, larger size sunscreen, large mouthwash, laundry detergent, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter