Orange Lake Resort & CC ??

SNOWBOARDER

Mouseketeer
My Mom did it! Bless her heart, she managed to get us a 2 bedroom villa at the Orange Lake Resort & CC!!!!! I'm hoping to hear from anyone who's ever stayed there, (lawgs,MrPat?), any comments suggestions etc. I mainly would like to know how easy, or difficult, it was to get around in this resort, and how long it took to drive to the various Disney Parks. It looks huge! Is it as beautiful in person, as it is on its web-page. Thanks everyone!!!

I haven't stayed in a few years but my nephew just returned. Resort is beautiful but very large. He needed to drive to go to the golf course which is right on site. The parks are only about 15 minutes away. Just a short drive down 192. My newphew advised that they just finished construction on that part of 192 and opened the road up. There is a Publix Supermarket right outside the gate of Orange Lake. You should have a great time.

When you leave Orange Lakes and take a left on 192, stay in the left hand lane. At Black Lake Road (controlled by a traffic light) take a left. You will be traveling parallel with 192, but missing all the lights and A LOT of traffic. Black Lake will "T" into Sherberth, where you will take another left. The next intersection you come to will be the AKL intersection where you will take a right and be on your way to the park of your choice (or where ever else you choose to go on Disney property). AK will be on your right.

There is a second, newer Publix just west of the store closest to Orange Lakes. It is on the same side of the road, and is frequently less crowded. The Publix closest to Orange Lakes does open up earlier (7a.m.) though.

Hope this helps and have a wonderful time!

We spent a week at OLCC in June, 2000 and it was wonderful. We were lucky enough to be placed in the new tennis villas and thought it was a slice of heaven. We had a huge screened porch overlooking the golf course and especially loved the pool area, Splash Lagoon. Our unit was a very large 2 bedroom with lots of amenities. We didn't do much at the main check-in building, but they had lots to offer. The drive was easy and we do suggest the shortcut. Have a great trip.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter