Orange lake owners or goers ;)

Aytons4him

~Blessed mama of many~
Just nabbed a great deal for the first week of march at Orange lake resort from an owner. We are just going to take the kids down from our home in cold Canada and just stay on the resort for a week. Can't afford to do Disney but will hit up Disney springs and see what else we could do that's free but still has some Disney spirit.

We don't know much about this resort so I have a couple questions for the experts!

Activities for children ~ is there a charge? How much?

Do they put a cap for large families and allow a family price or is everything per child?

I noticed the lazy river has all matching tubes. Are those for first come first serve for guests or do you have to pay to use them?
Are you allowed to bring your own tubes that are the same?

I'm just now worrying after showing my children the pictures and thinking if there is a cost for everything this will get expensive fast (6 kids)

Thanks for any help or advice or tips!! Super excited!!

Just nabbed a great deal for the first week of march at Orange lake resort from an owner. We are just going to take the kids down from our home in cold Canada and just stay on the resort for a week. Can't afford to do Disney but will hit up Disney springs and see what else we could do that's free but still has some Disney spirit.

We don't know much about this resort so I have a couple questions for the experts!

Activities for children ~ is there a charge? How much?

Do they put a cap for large families and allow a family price or is everything per child?

I noticed the lazy river has all matching tubes. Are those for first come first serve for guests or do you have to pay to use them?
Are you allowed to bring your own tubes that are the same?

I'm just now worrying after showing my children the pictures and thinking if there is a cost for everything this will get expensive fast (6 kids)

Thanks for any help or advice or tips!! Super excited!!
We arrive March 5th. Lots of free activities for kids. If you go to experienceorangelake.com you should be able to find the activity schedule. Every night but Sunday is sunset celebration at west village pool. Hula hoop competition, dance offs, magic, stilt walkers.
As far as tubes, you can not bring your own, and they cost per child. We honestly prefer swimmimg/floating the river. Not sure how old your kids are but they could float with puddle jumpers.
Any questions just ask. We go twice a year & own there as well.
Fellow Canadian & cant wait to get out of winter for 12 days.

Thanks so much!! I'm sooo excited!! The celebration nights sound like a ball! All of our time will be spent at resort so I'm glad there is so much to do. I looked at those prices ( thanks for the link!) boy, those are steep.
6 kids that will add up fast. I'm going to have them look now and we will plan ahead for a family game of mini golf once and then maybe one other thing each.

Are there daily free things to do besides pools? I noticed one pool has a slide, is that free?
One kid could definitely do a puddle jumper in the lazy river but others would probably love a tube. It looked so nice. If we rented 2 for day can we rotate and take turns using them as a family ?

Anything I should think to bring for our room that might not be stocked in kitchen? I'm going to make all of our meals. This is a major budget vacation this year lol

You own here? That's awesome! Did you buy resale or from developer? How's the maintenance fees? My hubby and I have been researching wondering if this would be a good idea ourselves.
Getting away from winter in Canada for a week every year just sounds amazing. I've always associated going to Florida as going to Disney and couldn't separate the two in my mind. It's just not possible for us financially to do Disney every year. Hubby suggested we go to Florida for a week this year at a nice resort without Disney and see if we could remedy my addiction

Thanks so much!! I'm sooo excited!! The celebration nights sound like a ball! All of our time will be spent at resort so I'm glad there is so much to do. I looked at those prices ( thanks for the link!) boy, those are steep.
6 kids that will add up fast. I'm going to have them look now and we will plan ahead for a family game of mini golf once and then maybe one other thing each.

Are there daily free things to do besides pools? I noticed one pool has a slide, is that free?
One kid could definitely do a puddle jumper in the lazy river but others would probably love a tube. It looked so nice. If we rented 2 for day can we rotate and take turns using them as a family ?

Anything I should think to bring for our room that might not be stocked in kitchen? I'm going to make all of our meals. This is a major budget vacation this year lol

You own here? That's awesome! Did you buy resale or from developer? How's the maintenance fees? My hubby and I have been researching wondering if this would be a good idea ourselves.
Getting away from winter in Canada for a week every year just sounds amazing. I've always associated going to Florida as going to Disney and couldn't separate the two in my mind. It's just not possible for us financially to do Disney every year. Hubby suggested we go to Florida for a week this year at a nice resort without Disney and see if we could remedy my addiction
Join the OL board on fb. Some people will have a day left on playpasses and give them away theres always tubes floating in river. You use it they see you at checkpoints without a bracelet and just grab another later.

River Island Pool Renovations
River Island’s lazy river-style pool and hot tub, as well as the Leeward and Windward pool bars, will be closed for renovations Jan. 2, 2019 – Feb. 26, 2019. At times, this work may mean excess noise and vibration for poolside villas, but we will do everything possible to minimize the impact on guests. The Fun Zone, restaurants, retail shops and all other pools on property will remain fully operational and available to all guests during this time.

Villa Renovations Update
Please note that updates to select villas in River Island will continue through April 4, 2019. We are making every effort to minimize the impact on our guests. All work will take place between 9 a.m. and sunset, but please be aware there might be loud noises during those hours. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Join the OL board on fb. Some people will have a day left on playpasses and give them away theres always tubes floating in river. You use it they see you at checkpoints without a bracelet and just grab another later.

Thank you so much for this information! I am an owner of a fix week (week 12) at OLCC and NEVER even thought there may be a FB group for OLCC.
Is there one board that is better than the other or is there just one? I will look now. Thank you!

Thank you so much for this information! I am an owner of a fix week (week 12) at OLCC and NEVER even thought there may be a FB group for OLCC.
Is there one board that is better than the other or is there just one? I will look now. Thank you!
There is the orange lake resort owners no solicitations. Not affiliated with corporate. We are there week 10 & 11.

Just wondering how we could get in touch with an owner to rent.
Looking at week 10... we are in Canada ... thanks!!

We are arriving at Orange Lake North Village Sept 21 !! We have a 3 bedroom reserved. This will be our first time to Orange Lake. I am curious how the check in process is ? Do you go to a central location? to the village you are staying in ? I am estimating we may arrive at Orange lake around 445 and we have dinner plans so if it is pushing to close, we may go to dinner and come back to check in after dinner.

We are arriving at Orange Lake North Village Sept 21 !! We have a 3 bedroom reserved. This will be our first time to Orange Lake. I am curious how the check in process is ? Do you go to a central location? to the village you are staying in ? I am estimating we may arrive at Orange lake around 445 and we have dinner plans so if it is pushing to close, we may go to dinner and come back to check in after dinner.
Blakefamily

There is a central location for check in, it is in the West Village, which you would have to pass on your way to the North Village. Check in time is at 4:00, so your arrival time should be fine. Sometimes there is a line of people waiting to check in, so it may take a while, or if there is no line, it could be much faster. It is a total crap shoot.
If you do a Google search for 8505 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway in Kissimmee, then choose a map, you will see exactly where you are going.

I hope this helps.

Smeagol

I have been getting prices from different people for orange lake. Their quotes are only $100 less total over 8 days than i can get it on the Holiday Inn website. Is that normal?

I have been getting prices from different people for orange lake. Their quotes are only $100 less total over 8 days than i can get it on the Holiday Inn website. Is that normal?
Where are you getting the quotes from owners thats only a difference of $100 or less? I always travel in August, and this is my rental history from 2017 and 2018. Keep in mind I stay in Florida for 2 weeks. I rented a West Village 2 bedroom unit from an owner and it was only $500 for the week(7days). I rented a River Island 2 bedroom unit(FABULOUS) from an owner and only paid $800(7 days). I used Redweek for River Island and I used last minute rental thru TUG for the West Village. I know River Island thru Holiday Inn Club Vacations would be well over $1200 for the week. I know West Village would have been a minimum of $800 for the week. I am not sure where you are getting quotes for only a difference of $100. Also, keep in mind, if you rent from HICV there will be resort fees, and taxes added in. You rent from an owner on Redweek or TUG, then its a flat rate. Also VRBO sometimes has Orange Lake rental postings by owners also. One year, I rented a Westgate 2bedroom unit for only $400!!! I used VRBO. The owner was going to lose the week if they didnt use it. They posted it for $500. After a few conversations by text and phone, I got him down to $399. It was hysterical the way he teased me about STEALING his vacation from him!!! :laughing: He couldn't guarantee me entrance to the waterpark but he had it noted on the reservation. When we checked in, Westgate gave me waterpark wristbands for my family without issue. So yes, that year I did get a STEAL for that vacation.
My advice to you is make sure you are using a website like Redweek to rent from. Yes, they do charge an annual membership fee to join but they give you reassurance that the owners own what they are renting to you. Also TUG is a good place. Especially if you are willing to wait for a last minute rental (45 days out). Also, SkyAuction is a good site to use to rent. There is NO WAY Holiday Inn Club Vacations are charging the same price as renting from owners within only $100.

We've rented at Orange Lake a few times. Just saying that TamaraQT has mentioned the two sites that I typically look for timeshare rentals: TUG2.net (a timeshare users group where they have a marketplace where rentals are listed) and Redweek.com (You can be on this site as a guest. That's what I do when looking for rentals. And if I see something that I would like to rent, I pay the nominal $10 or $15 fee (don't remember exact amount) to join so that I can contact the owner. I've done about a dozen rentals on these two sites over the years. Rentals from owners typically only work if you are doing a full week Friday to Friday, Saturday to Saturday, or Sunday to Sunday. Renting directly from Holiday Inn is typically way more expensive (similar to cost of suite hotel) and might include maid service (usually more than double the cost per night of renting from an owner). With that you can do odd days, etc. (e.g. Tuesday thru Thursday). There are sometimes some owners who are charging a very high price similar to the Holiday Inn price, but we don't rent from them. And I don't think they get many renters.

Kids for Disney: Sounds like you are looking for eight days. For getting better pricing if seven of your days are the time period of a typical rental period, maybe try the popular sites mentioned for your week for your week and make other arrangements for that outlier 8th day. We often do seven night vacations for the typical rental periods to make our vacation as economical and convenient as possible. (Love renting the timeshares -- great amenities for a fabulous price. Places have a great resort feel. To get odd days or periods it's retail pricing.)

Last edited:
Another suggestion: Generally resorts have a check-in day either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. My family prefers Saturdays. We have learned thru the years, that we prefer to arrive a few days before check-in day. We fly into Orlando on either Wednesday or Thursday. Its a lot cheaper to fly from Philadelphia to Orlando on a Wednesday or Thursday evening. We have flown into Orlando on a Friday evening too. We compare the difference in cost of flying out first thing Saturday morning. For example: if one way from PHL to MCO is $60 on a Wed or Thurs, and it's $90 on Saturday, then that is a difference of $120 ($30 x4people = $120). So why not use that price difference to extend our Orlando vacation. It's easy to find last minute hotel discounts. A few years ago, I was getting the Red Lion Hotel for only $39. After taxes and fees it was around $55 a night. To us it was worth it. It gave us extra days/time in Florida. Anyway.....another reason we prefer to arrive in Orlando early is so we can be at our resort before 10am on check-in day. The earlier you arrive, the better chance at having room request filled. Arriving early makes it easier for the check-in staff to assign a room before the computer does it randomly. Also arriving early gives the perfect opportunity to walk around and become familiar with all the resort has to offer. You are at ORANGE LAKE, so go hop on the resort shuttle and take a ride around the resort to see how HUGE and FABULOUS it is. We used to go grocery shopping while we waited but now I order my groceries online at Walmart down the road (Old Lake Wilson Road). Orange Lake has "cold storage" if you need to have something kept cold or frozen while you wait for your room to be ready. Again, arriving early has a better chance of having cold storage space available. We also use the time to go to Dollar Tree & Five Below for supplies such as laundry detergent and other supplies(foam cooler, body wash, lotion, extra phone chargers to keep in the rental car etc). We get a cooler for sandwiches and drinks for our days we go to Clearwater beach. Anyway, Orange Lake is AWESOME. I hope you have a GREAT time!!!!

Which area of Orange lake would you recommend for two (girl) friends (in our 40's and FUN!)?
Like -- away from families with kids since we aren't bringing ours this time?

Questions?
Do timeshare rentals include children under three in the occupancy count?
Also, when renting from redweek, do you typically stick with the verified and protected listings? Do you feel comfortable with any listing?
Really thinking this may be the best option for our group next year but we will have 2 under 2 and need to know if that bumps us up into a bigger rental unit.....

Thank you!!

I own at Orange Lake and at yesterdays annual owners meeting (11/17/2022) they mentioned they are building a new entrance to connect Western Hwy with orange lake property which will let you bypass traffic on 192 to get to Disney World.

I own at Orange Lake and at yesterdays annual owners meeting (11/17/2022) they mentioned they are building a new entrance to connect Western Hwy with orange lake property which will let you bypass traffic on 192 to get to Disney World.
That would be wonderful - driving in from the west, we usually take 429 south from the turnpike. When staying at WDW we use Western Way to enter the property. It will be nice to be able to take it in the other direction when staying at OL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter