ORANGE Family Trip - Day 11 - Leaving the World and some misc thoughts

Momto2funkids

Earning My Ears
DAY 11 September 7

Well, Saturday morning had arrived and so our vacation was fast coming to an end. We weren't in a real big hurry though, and so we decide to pack up and check out and then spend some time at the Contemporary Pool. We haven't been able to use the pool the whole time we were here, since we were so busy.

The boys and I arrive at the pool just before 10am, and there are some CM's there with a family. The give the boy some sort of magic wand and have him wave it and say "DANCING FOUNTAINS!" and the fountains turn on! Then he points it as the slide and says "SLIDE" and the water in the slide starts coming down. My two boys were most impressed!

We spent two hours at the pool. Wonderful! The only bad thing is that there is no hot shower in the changing area, so I had to take a cold shower, since we were already checked out.

After the pool, we took one more trip up to the observation deck on the roof and took one last look at MK.

We just kept stalling and stalling, even after we left WDW. We ate out in town at Olive Garden and also checked out the big BASS PRO shop. Then, finally hours later, we were finally on our way. This time, we elected NOT to sleep in the car and drive through because we wanted to keep the boys on a normal schedule for SCHOOL on MONDAY. So we did stop at a motel. And finally arrived home on Sunday.

Final thoughts on our trip: It was just magical! It was everything I wanted it to be. The lack of crowds was probably the one thing that made everything better. For example, as we were exploring Tom Sawyers secret cave, there was no one else in the cave and we just kept thinking how less realistic it would have been if we were following others toe to toe. Plus the fact, that we got to see just about every attraction in all the parks, really made us feel that we got our money's worth. We enjoyed all the restaurants that we chose and were happy with all three resorts we stayed at. The only low point was having our water bottles stolen at MGM. (Well, and maybe just missing my chance at the Hot Seat)

I also wanted to mention our Mousekeeper at the Contemporary, Mary. The first day we went out to parks, we came back to the hotel and all my son's stuffed animals (he had about nine of them) were lined up and one of them was holding the remote control & the channel was turned on to cartoons. Of course, we noticed right away that the TV was on and so I say "Who left the TV on?" THen we notice the animals, and then my son laughs and says "THEY DID!".

So the next day before we left the room for the day, I wrote a note that said "Mousekeeping, please don't let our animals watch TV all day. It's turning their brains to stuffing."

When we came back that day, we found all the animals arranged on the bed all around my sons small "lovey" blanket. One, (SKIPPY!) was above them all on the pillow with a sign that said "OKAY! NO T.V.!" Two others had signs that said "OK, LETS HAVE A PICNIC BY THE LAKE" and "DO YOU HAVE ANY SNACKS?" It was great! We all loved it! I still smile just thinking about it!

Can anyone tell me how to post a picture of it?

Thanks for reading my reports!

Have a Magical Day!

jo

I have no clue how to post pictures - but if you go over to the Tech Board - I am sure someone can help you - sounds like a great trip - thanks for posting!

Some of those mousekeepers go the extra mile, don't they. Too cute. I've enjoyed all your trip reports. Glad you had an extra special trip. Your family sounds lovely. Thanks for sharing with us!

Sounds like you had an extra special time (and an extra special mousekeeper). Thanks for sharing it all.

:D Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I really enjoyed reading about all you did. Too bad you weren't able to make into the hotseat but getting to number 1 on the board must have been exciting. Thanks again :D !

A very enjoyable set of reports!

Thanks for sharing your magical trip with us!

I enjoyed reading all of your reports so much.

Thank you for taking the time to write and post them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter