Options that sleep 5 or 6

tinkerpea

DIS Veteran
Ok so we have been to Disney world many many times like over 25 trips, we normally stay for 3wks

That last few trips we have done either
2 rooms at AKL
2 rooms at pop
2 rooms at AOA
2bed at SSR

Our boys will be 8,8,11 next trip and we may be taking my mum again,
That brings us to either a family of 5 or 6
Now we loved the 2bed at SSR
We have to get the DDP as our boy still live to do character meals and eat at TS places at least once a day so it brings the cost OOP up a lot we find it easier if we have the plan.

I would love to know what options you guys that are family's of 5/6 do and what works out cheapest for you??
We come from the UK and last trip got the free DDP plus the 30% off SSR :) woohoo!
This next trip how ever we may be based in the US due to military commitments.
Any ideas would be really helpful!
My twins are only small and so if we go as a family of 5 we have been looking at 1room POR with the pull down bed, the other 2 boys would share, we think this might work as we would put the boys to bed and sit outside the room with a drink or even go to bed at the same time as I imagine without nana with us we will be tired each day lol.

Looking forward to hearing ideas and experiences :) thanks

We travel with 5 quite often and we like the comfort and space of the deluxe resorts (YC, BC, BWI, Poly, GF, and CR are all bigger than what you had at AKL). Two queen beds and a daybed plus a larger bathroom area. If that's not in the budget I would check out the new family suites at AoA. You said you stayed there before in two regular rooms? Did you like the resort? I'm also a HUGE fan of 2 bedroom villas at OKW. :thumbsup2 Have fun deciding! :)

We just returned from POR and it worked out very nicely for our family of 5. The bunk is very comfy. POR is a beautiful resort and pool. You wont regret it!

Hi! 3 weeks!
I might need to switch around a bit!
I agree that I love BC or BWI for our family of 5 but that is not the cheapest and I think we might go bonkers with 1 bathroom for 3 weeks!
I found AoA Family Suites to be most cost effective for us when we travelled with my Mom in law. That made it 6 of us (dd9 and my 8 yr old twins)- we loved having the mini kitchen and table setup for breakfast and snacks.
Also having the 2 bathrooms was key.
Enjoy your planning!

Fort Wilderness Cabins will sleep six with full kitchen but only one bathroom

We stayed in the cabins last summer and they were a bit crowded. There wasn't much storage space, only one bathroom and not much of foodcourt for beverages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter