Optimal 7 Day / 6 Night Dining Schedule

thunderjones

Earning My Ears
Headed to Disney for 7 days and 6 nights with a DDP for myself, my wife, my 4 year old daughter, and my father-in-law.

Give me your best plan to hit the highlights. We're going to grab cheap breakfasts. Thus far, I'm thinking:

Day 1 (arrive at 3pm)

Dinner - Crystal Palace

Day 2

Lunch at Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner in Epcot - Biergarden

Day 3

Lunch at HS - Staring Rolls
Dinner - Ohana

Day 4

Lunch at MK - ?
Dinner at Epcot - ?

Day 5

Lunch - ?
Dinner at HS - ?

Day 6

Lunch at AK - Yak and Yeti Counter Service
Dinner at MK - Be Our Guest

Let me hear from you!

You're doing a lot of traveling around. Will you have a car, or taking the Disney Buses? Where are you staying? Do you have plans to see MSEP, Wishes, Fantasmic?

Headed to Disney for 7 days and 6 nights with a DDP for myself, my wife, my 4 year old daughter, and my father-in-law.

Give me your best plan to hit the highlights. We're going to grab cheap breakfasts. Thus far, I'm thinking:

Day 1 (arrive at 3pm)

Dinner - Crystal Palace

Day 2

Lunch at Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner in Epcot - Biergarden

Day 3

Lunch at HS - Staring Rolls
Dinner - Ohana

Day 4

Lunch at MK - ?
Dinner at Epcot - ? - Depending on family taste, look into Garden Grill (family style with characters), Teppan Edo (Hibachi), Hacienda de San Angel/San Angel Inn (both Mexican). Via Napoli is very good too.

Day 5

Lunch - ?
Dinner at HS - ? - I enjoy Mama Melrose here. Sci-Fi isn't bad either, not the greatest use of credits, but not bad. Haven't done '50s yet (ask me again in about 4 weeks though! :p)

Day 6

Lunch at AK - Yak and Yeti Counter Service
Dinner at MK - Be Our Guest

Let me hear from you!
Inline above.

I don't really do CS on my trips, so I can't really comment there. I know a lot of people enjoy Columbia Harbor House or Pecos Bill's in MK. Cosmic Ray's is also pretty good and has great variety.

My favorites in Epcot include Via Napoli and the 2 Mexican restaurants that I listed above. You can also get great CS at pretty much any of the CS places except Electric Umbrella (really, you have WS right there and you're going to get a burger? :p) and the Chinese place (maybe that's because I don't like Chinese food?)

DHS is a CS wasteland imo. Granted, I haven't tried any of it :p (I'm "slightly" biased against CS meals). Pizza Planet is popular though. Haven't had Starring Rolls yet either (though, again, the aforementioned ask me again in about 4-5 weeks :p, it's on the plan for a breakfast snack stop). And, you know, I just realized that I listed all the sit-downs at DHS there, except H&V and Brown Derby.... so, yeah, that's helpful isn't it?

You're doing a lot of traveling around. Will you have a car, or taking the Disney Buses? Where are you staying? Do you have plans to see MSEP, Wishes, Fantasmic?
I didn't even look at the amount of travel, but I totally agree, there's a lot of back, forth, and hopping here. May be worthwhile to look into streamlining it if you're using Disney transportation.

We will be a WL. With the toddler, we're planning on heading back to the hotel for some quiet time every day to get her to the nighttime festivities (thus all the hopping). No car, just Disney transport but we did that when we visited last year and it wasn't bad.

We do plan on doing Fantasmic, but I wasn't floored by any of the TS restaurants at DHS. Kinda planed of Pizza Planet or Backlot Express.

We LOVE Garden Grille. That's definitely worth looking into. We also like Tony's Town Square for TS @ MK and Pecos Bill's for QS @ MK. :goodvibes

on an AK day, try to get a pre rope drop adr for tusker house... the food is our fav bfast and mickey comes to play:rotfl:... if not late bfast 11ish, well worth a ts credit imho (and its cool and ur dd can stay relaxed...
ohana dinners amazing, go and watch fireworks on beach after with a cocktail!!
day 4, how about the new be our guest for lunch (1 cs) menus not brill, but ur daughter might like the ambiance...
dinner at epcot, i d recommend morroco, and ur daughter can go belly dance whilst ur eating, my dd did this when she was 31/2 and that, along with crt are her only memories of that trip!! also as they dodnt get as many kids in there as other epcot ts (yes, its all a bit ethnic!!) they spoilt our kids rotten::yes::
day 5 id say how about lunch in dtd?? id go with wolfgang puck express as a cs...wow, you ll love that place, we spent most of our cs meals there, choice is amazing!!
at hs id do 50sptc, we have done all the ts at dhs, and 50s was the best!

hth

Just to help with your decisions a little, MSEP, Wishes and Fantasmic only happen on certain nights. Like on Day 4, maybe that's a Wishes night, and Day 6, when you've scheduled BOG at MK, maybe that's not a Wishes night. In case Day 4 has Wishes on the schedule, you might want to switch MK/Epcot around. That would mean dinner at Epcot earlier rather than later.

Day 5 at DHS, is that a Fantasmic night? They have the Fantasmic Dinner packages with faster Fantasmic seating in a reserved area.

I would also recommend Tusker House character bkfst. Don't know when you're going, but Dec 4th, Tusker starts character lunch, too.

For the second Epcot meal, DM wants to go to Tutto Italia. Better than Via Napoli? San Angel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter