Opinions, please!

LMichelleee

"Frying pans... who knew, right?"
We will be there April 26-May 1 for our honeymoon and I was hoping to get some opinions/suggestions on our ressies. We will be able to make our ADRs in 10 days! :yay: I have been to DW a couple times, but this is also the first trip I am in charge of planning! So if anyone has any tips, please let me know!

A little about us:
-We are not doing the dining plan
-We are light eaters. Typically no apps or desserts, sometimes we even share!
-Not big on breakfast unless we have had an early morning and eat a later breakfast
-I can be very picky
-I want to do at least 1 character meal (prefer a princess one!)

Our Selections:
-BOG (lunch or dinner?)
-CRT (Is it worth the $120?!?)
-Sci Fi
-Akershus (thinking breakfast)
-50's PT
-Via Napolli

Also, anyone have any suggestions for honeymooners, either romantic restaurants or activities? :goodvibes

We will be there April 26-May 1 for our honeymoon and I was hoping to get some opinions/suggestions on our ressies. We will be able to make our ADRs in 10 days! :yay: I have been to DW a couple times, but this is also the first trip I am in charge of planning! So if anyone has any tips, please let me know!

A little about us:
-Not big on breakfast unless we have had an early morning and eat a later breakfast
-I can be very picky

Our Selections:
-BOG (lunch or dinner?)
-Sci Fi
-50's PT
-Via Napolli

Also, anyone have any suggestions for honeymooners, either romantic restaurants or activities? :goodvibes

We loved:
California grill
Le Cellier
Kouzzina
The Brown Derby
Artist Point
Narcoossee's
Shoula's steak house
50's PT
Cinderella's royal table( no alcohol)
Portobellos
Fultons crab house
The Plaza great for lunch in MK
For a character breakfast we always do Donald ducks breakfast in AK . You see the usual suspects Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, goofy & Donald. Great buffet.

We loved:
California grill
Le Cellier
Kouzzina
The Brown Derby
Artist Point
Narcoossee's
Shoula's steak house
50's PT
Cinderella's royal table( no alcohol)
Portobellos
Fultons crab house
The Plaza great for lunch in MK
For a character breakfast we always do Donald ducks breakfast in AK . You see the usual suspects Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, goofy & Donald. Great buffet.

Minnie is not at Tusker. Neither is Pluto. You have Donald outside and Mickey Goofy and Daisy going around inside.

Minnie is not at Tusker. Neither is Pluto. You have Donald outside and Mickey Goofy and Daisy going around inside.

Minnie's gone ? She used to be there - I've got a pic somewhere with both Minnie and Daisy hugging DH. :confused3 Oh, well..

Thanks for some recommendations! And character tips! Another I've seen that is pretty popular is Ohana at night to watch fireworks... can someone explain? :confused3 This sounds fun and quite romantic! :lovestruc

Thanks for some recommendations! And character tips! Another I've seen that is pretty popular is Ohana at night to watch fireworks... can someone explain? :confused3 This sounds fun and quite romantic! :lovestruc

We ate at Ohana and loved it. If you schedule it correctly you can leave Ohana and walk to the beach at the Poly and watch wishes. We had a 7:00 ressie and just made it in time for the fireworks. It was really nice. Then we took the boat back to MK to catch a bus back to our resort.

BOG - I'd say dinner is better than lunch. Lunch is nice, just a busier atmosphere.
CRT - Honeymoon + princess dining = Must Do! Good meal, too.
Sci - Fi - Good meal and very cool atmosphere. We really like this one.
50's PTC - our other DHS favorite. Good meals and neat set-up with the whole "old time" family dinner.
Via Napoli - One of my favorites at Epcot, besides Biergarten. Pizzas and pasta are great.

We ate at Ohana and loved it. If you schedule it correctly you can leave Ohana and walk to the beach at the Poly and watch wishes. We had a 7:00 ressie and just made it in time for the fireworks. It was really nice. Then we took the boat back to MK to catch a bus back to our resort.

Ah, thank you! I think I will add this for our arrival night!

BOG - I'd say dinner is better than lunch. Lunch is nice, just a busier atmosphere.
CRT - Honeymoon + princess dining = Must Do! Good meal, too.
Sci - Fi - Good meal and very cool atmosphere. We really like this one.
50's PTC - our other DHS favorite. Good meals and neat set-up with the whole "old time" family dinner.
Via Napoli - One of my favorites at Epcot, besides Biergarten. Pizzas and pasta are great.

Thank you! We will definitely do BOG at dinner then. I've been to Sci Fi and love it! I am really excited to try out 50's, I hope they give us a hard time! ;) I am thinking I will do either CRT or Akershus. I just can't decide which one! The price for CRT is what's scaring me. Is it AYCTE?

Could we share a pizza at Via Napoli?

For some reviews checkout the podcast on this sight. For food CRT does not get great reviews. Costs too much. Disney charges what the market will bear since it is very high demand, so a high price.

BOG for atmosphere
California Grill during Wishes
Sanna at Kadani Village if you like somewhat exotic foods. You overlook the savannah there while you eat

We went to CRT on our honeymoon last December. It was my favorite dining experience of the whole trip! We had a dinner reservation and got a table by the window to look out of the carousel... We thought the food was VERY good (and we did also eat at a ton of signatures that trip because we were on the DXDP). I'm not sure why this place gets such bad reviews. Anyways, right before our dessert came Wishes started and I know a lot of people say the view for Wishes isn't that great in the castle... But I DISAGREE! They pipe the music in and I was so happy to be in the castle, eating a delicious meal, watching Wishes, and with my new husband... I started bawling my eyes out... It was perfect!! Needless to say we booked our 1 year anniversary trip... And we are eating at CRT for dinner AGAIN and we are also trying breakfast this time too. I don't think I will ever be over CRT... It is so magical! In my signature I started a dining report of our trip last December (never finished it), but my review of CRT is in there with pictures.

We have had BOG for both lunch and dinner and like both... Dinner requires an ADR and you will need to snag that at your 180 days.

We liked Akershus for breakfast. We are doing it again this December.

We have been to 50's PT 4 times now and we enjoy eating there. It is a lot of fun. I also have a review for that in my dining report.

A little about us:
-I can be very picky

Our Selections:
-BOG (lunch or dinner?)
-Sci Fi
-50's PT
-Via Napolli

BOG for lunch is less expensive but I heard the tmosphere was better at dinner time (I have ADR in a few days), Sci-fi is fun and affordable but book as soon as you can, Via Napoli has the best pizza and the trattoria is so romantic...

My favorite cheap breakfast QS is Captain Cooks at the Polynesian Resort (the tonga toast is great). My favorite breakfast buffet is at Boma (the AKL resort is a nice place to visit), excellent food, great value. Liberty Tree Tavern offers great values at lunch and dinner time. 'Ohana can be very romantic and it's our favorite restaurant in WDW. Les Chefs de France for lunch, affordable, very good food and great ambiance as you feel like you're in Paris.

A little about us:
-I can be very picky

Our Selections:
-BOG (lunch or dinner?)
-Sci Fi
-50's PT
-Via Napolli

-- BOG is like quick service for lunch, full-service for dinner.
-- CRT - if you've never been, it's worth it. I recommend ordering a chocolate mousse filled slipper before getting there (they must be pre-ordered). Akershus in EPCOT is a marginally better character interaction with buffet for your appetizer course. I'm not sure if that is better or worse for a 'picky' eater.
-- Sci-Fi is a unique Disney experience.
-- 50's PT is also unique experience. Marginally better food than Sci-Fi. Large portions and great milk shakes.
-- Via Napoli is very good, but we have good Italian where I live. While some give mixed food reviews for Coral Reef (I don't), the room is yet another unique dining experience.

Best food/fish at Disney - blueZoo in Dolphin hotel.
Best all-around - CA Grill for excellent food & view of Magic Kingdom.

My last recommendation for folks on their honeymoon - room service.

For some reviews checkout the podcast on this sight. For food CRT does not get great reviews. Costs too much. Disney charges what the market will bear since it is very high demand, so a high price.

BOG for atmosphere
California Grill during Wishes
Sanna at Kadani Village if you like somewhat exotic foods. You overlook the savannah there while you eat

Oooh, thank you! Overlooking the Savannah would be so neat! And thanks for California Grill recommendation!

We went to CRT on our honeymoon last December. It was my favorite dining experience of the whole trip! We had a dinner reservation and got a table by the window to look out of the carousel... We thought the food was VERY good (and we did also eat at a ton of signatures that trip because we were on the DXDP). I'm not sure why this place gets such bad reviews. Anyways, right before our dessert came Wishes started and I know a lot of people say the view for Wishes isn't that great in the castle... But I DISAGREE! They pipe the music in and I was so happy to be in the castle, eating a delicious meal, watching Wishes, and with my new husband... I started bawling my eyes out... It was perfect!! Needless to say we booked our 1 year anniversary trip... And we are eating at CRT for dinner AGAIN and we are also trying breakfast this time too. I don't think I will ever be over CRT... It is so magical! In my signature I started a dining report of our trip last December (never finished it), but my review of CRT is in there with pictures.

We have had BOG for both lunch and dinner and like both... Dinner requires an ADR and you will need to snag that at your 180 days.

We liked Akershus for breakfast. We are doing it again this December.

We have been to 50's PT 4 times now and we enjoy eating there. It is a lot of fun. I also have a review for that in my dining report.

THANK YOU! I will definitely check out your reviews! We will either pick Akershus or CRT. Or maybe both. Too many restaurants, not enough days! :rolleyes:

BOG for lunch is less expensive but I heard the tmosphere was better at dinner time (I have ADR in a few days), Sci-fi is fun and affordable but book as soon as you can, Via Napoli has the best pizza and the trattoria is so romantic...

My favorite cheap breakfast QS is Captain Cooks at the Polynesian Resort (the tonga toast is great). My favorite breakfast buffet is at Boma (the AKL resort is a nice place to visit), excellent food, great value. Liberty Tree Tavern offers great values at lunch and dinner time. 'Ohana can be very romantic and it's our favorite restaurant in WDW. Les Chefs de France for lunch, affordable, very good food and great ambiance as you feel like you're in Paris.

Thanks, you are reassuring me of my selections! I couldn't remember where I could find Tonga Toast, it sounds so delicious! I will most definitely be up early to make all of my reservations. 6 more days!:cool1:

-- BOG is like quick service for lunch, full-service for dinner.
-- CRT - if you've never been, it's worth it. I recommend ordering a chocolate mousse filled slipper before getting there (they must be pre-ordered). Akershus in EPCOT is a marginally better character interaction with buffet for your appetizer course. I'm not sure if that is better or worse for a 'picky' eater.
-- Sci-Fi is a unique Disney experience.
-- 50's PT is also unique experience. Marginally better food than Sci-Fi. Large portions and great milk shakes.
-- Via Napoli is very good, but we have good Italian where I live. While some give mixed food reviews for Coral Reef (I don't), the room is yet another unique dining experience.

Best food/fish at Disney - blueZoo in Dolphin hotel.
Best all-around - CA Grill for excellent food & view of Magic Kingdom.

My last recommendation for folks on their honeymoon - room service.

Thank you! That's two recommendations for California Grill during Wishes, so it must be good! And room service, never would have thought of that! :thumbsup2

50's PT is a blast! We had a lot of fun with our server, and the food was great (the vegetables are better than you'd expect from a theme park)! The portions are big on many of their selections (esp. the Fried Chicken), so if you like to share...there's plenty! They even have a sampler of their fried chicken, meatloaf, and pot roast. Also great for sharing are the PB&J milkshake (phenomenal if you like peanut butter), and Dad's Brownie Sundae (if you don't mind a little caramel corn in your whipped cream...luckily, we don't).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter