Opinions on Sugar Loaf

GoPatsGoSox

Earning My Ears
Can anyone whose stayed there recently give me your opinion on the Sugar Loaf Concierge at GF. We stayed in a regular Lagoon View room last time and I'm wondering if the outer lodge concierge was worth the extra money. Was the location of the building convenient? How was the breakfast, snacks, etc.? Thanks!

Curious about the same thing. Booked GV room for two nights after our 8 night Poly stay, but am considering upgrading to SL for an extra $81/night. popcorn::

Yes, the price difference wasn't all that much. Was curious about the Lodge Tower rooms too--which same to be about the same price as Sugar Loaf.

My stay in SL is not recent, but I stayed in the main building a few months ago and the food offerings are the same as SL. And the building hasn't changed... So I'll go ahead and let you know what we thought of it.

I think that the building is very conveniently located. It's very close to the main building, Gasparilla's and the big courtyard pool and jacuzzi. Plus, it's quite close to the boat launch to & from the MK.

As for the food, we really liked it. The breakfast was lovely, the cookies great, and the tea service amazing. They had warm scones with jam and devonshire cream!:cloud9: The evening appetizers were quite good.

My family really likes the extra pampering we get when we stay CL. And I especially appreciate having the IPO make all my dining reservations for me (so much time saved and I get what I want).

The lounge in SL is located in the lobby area of the SL building, so it's really convenient when you want a snack or a drink as you're returning from or on your way out to the parks. The only thing I missed there was the great views of the castle we had when we stayed in Boca Chica and the main building. But we really liked SL and I'd stay there again.

Hope this helps!:)

I have stayed in both SL and RPC in the main bldg. I liked SL the best. The food offerings were the same in each location. The breakfast was very nice, pasteries, cold cereal, toast, bagels, fresh fruit with yogurt and cold meats. At 5:00 they put out 2 hot appetizers and some sort of cold salad. Later in the night the deserts were out, usually 2 items and cookies. None of the offerings were a meal substitute, but I had enogh so I could skip a meal if I wanted to. Having stayed at both locations, I would not pay the xtra to stay in the main bldg again. I thought the rooms in SL were closer to the lounge and a more compact layout. The elevator in the main bldg was slow and you always had to dig out your key card to get past the 2nd floor. They were always crowded and many time we would have to wait for another elevator. The rooms are exactly the same in size as well as housekeeping service. I found the concierge staff to be more friendly in SL. I'm glad I had a chance to stay in the main bldg ( a dream for 19 years) but I will go back to SL in the future. The only thing is there is no live music in SL, but I would take my afternoon snack over to the main bldg and sit in the lobby to listen to the piano player. I never mind spending money on my vacation, but this is the one time I don't think the xtra $150.oo a night is really worth it.

Thanks Jane. Did you also need a key card to get into the Sugar Loaf building? And would some of the rooms in Sugar Loaf have a view of the courtyard pool? Thanks again :goodvibes

We were just at Sugar Loaf in August and loved it. We stayed for 3 days with a discount code that put the room under $400 per night. I felt that the convenience to the courtyard pool and the access to food made Sugarloaf very worthwhile. There is a continental breakfast of yogurt, pastry, bagels, fruit and cereal. I don't know what goes out at lunchtime because we were usually in the parks. There are sweets and tea later in the day and pre-dinner cocktail snacks. There is also access to a concierge who will make your dining arrangements for you or do other services such as arranging transportation or getting La Nouba tickets. Overall, we felt that the service and amenities were ideal for a family traveling with a teen-age boy who likes to snack. Also, on the night of our arrival, the concierge sent a split of champagne and a red rose to celebrate our anniversary. I would definitely return to Sugarloaf again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter