• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opinions on my ADRs wanted.

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
DH and I haven't been to WDW in a couple of years and DSs (they will be 22 and 19 by the time of the trip) haven't been in about 5 years. We'll be going in July, along with DS18's DGF, and here are the ADRs that I have. The park restaurants are planned around the park that we plan to be in at that time.

All comments and recent experiences, good or bad, appreciated. :)

Monday July 5th:
B: airport
L: arrive at Polynesian, so lunch probably at Kona Cafe
D: 'Ohana (We figure this will be a great "Welcome to the Polynesian" dinner).

Tuesday July 6th:
B: Kona Cafe
L: Restaurant Marakkesh
D: 50's Prime Time

Wednesday July 7th:
B: Polynesian club lounge
L: Tusker House
D: Teppan Edo

Thursday July 8th OUR ANNIVERSARY :love:
B: Crystal Palace (will get us in early to the MK and will relive fun memory from trip 9 years ago, and will fulfill the idea of a character meal).
L: ??? (We plan to hang out at the volcano pool at the Polynesian and enjoy some relaxation and drinks! :cool2:
D: Cinderella Castle (It's an old tradition for us to have dinner in the castle, but we haven't been here in years; also, DS's GF has never dined in the castle so we figure it'll be fun).

Friday July 9th:
B: Polynesian club lounge
L: Sci-Fi Dine In (we know the food isn't great but we love the atmosphere and the burgers, fries, and shakes are good enough).
D: Kona Cafe - but open for suggestions! This is our last night, and not sure which park we'll be in...

Saturday July 10th:
B: Kona Cafe
L: Plaza Restaurant (this is a last-day-lunch tradition for us).
D: airport :headache:

They sound great to me. The only one I might change would be your last dinner at Kona. Kona is good, but I don't think I'd choose it for my last meal of the trip. I'd do something either DTD, one of the Epcot resorts, or Artist Point at WL. Have fun!

Kona Cafe always seems to have such a huge wait. I am not sure that I would want to spend my last night waiting for an ADR. Unless you plan on eating early you should consider some of the less popular restaurants that are also good such as GF cafe or Kouzinna.

I think your choices look great. I don't now what your park plans are, but have you thought about switching 50's and Teppan Edo? I much prefer to eat in the park rather than running from one location to another for a meal. Especially Epcot where you can easily spend all day. Just a thought, but everything looks yummy. Have a great trip.

Everything sounds great! the only thing I might change is the last night at Kona. Don't get me wrong... I'm a huge fan of the place, but it looks like you will already have dined there and for your last night... I would shake it up! :)

If money is no object... one of the signature dining restaurants at one of the MK Resorts, Jiko, bluezoo or Flying Fish is a great way to close a vacation.

Some other options like others have said is trying out a place at EPCOT. Le Cellier and Coral Reef are good options for a last night. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter