Opinions on Dizzy Dolphin Delivery

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
For those that have used this grocery delivery service, what have been your experiences?

I highly recommend them. I am going to give you a completely honest review. The prices are high compared to going to the store and purchasing everything yourself. I however, have no idea how they compare to other grocery delivery services. They could be comparable. They will go out of their way to get exactly what you want including donuts, a special occasion cake, gift baskets etc.

We placed an order with them for our December 2016 trip. We drove to WDW from Texas and while we were on the way I got an email stating they could not find a soft drink my husband wanted. They gave me alternatives and we choose to just go with basic coke.

We arrived at VWL early that morning - had done online check in so we went to Roaring Forks had breakfast and headed to the MK. When we finally got into our room we called down to bell services and asked them to bring our luggage as well as our Dizzy Dolphin order. They brought the luggage but said they did not have a grocery delivery for us. Needless to say I was a bit panicked. It was just after 5pm on a Sunday. We had dining reservations at 6:30 and I really wasn't expecting to be able to reach anyone at DDD until the next day. I checked on their website and got 2 phone numbers to try anyway. First number I called no one answered so I left a message. The second number was answered right away. I told them what bell services had told me and she reassured me she had indeed left our order personally. She even told me exactly where she put our order down to the rack/shelf number and where in the frig our stuff was. She even told me exactly how many bags were on the rack/shelf and how many were in the frig. She told me to call bell services again with that information and if they still were unable to find our order she would personally call the manager and talk to him/her. So I did as she said and bell services said they would look again in the areas I told them to look and call me back. I got that phone call with apologies and was told they were bringing it right up. I called DDD back and the lady I spoke to was so nice and relieved. She told me she has had this happen before. It doesn't happen often but once in a while it does. She apologized for the confusion even though it was not her mistake. I was very impressed with how professional she was, how quickly she was willing to step in and take control and the fact that I was able to reach a person on a Sunday evening.

We are going back in July and again in December of this year and we WILL be using Dizzy Dolphin once again. We used to just do our grocery shopping ourselves to save some money, but the time saved is well worth the additional cost of having someone take care of this chore for us.

I highly recommend them. I am going to give you a completely honest review. The prices are high compared to going to the store and purchasing everything yourself. I however, have no idea how they compare to other grocery delivery services. They could be comparable. They will go out of their way to get exactly what you want including donuts, a special occasion cake, gift baskets etc.

We placed an order with them for our December 2016 trip. We drove to WDW from Texas and while we were on the way I got an email stating they could not find a soft drink my husband wanted. They gave me alternatives and we choose to just go with basic coke.

We arrived at VWL early that morning - had done online check in so we went to Roaring Forks had breakfast and headed to the MK. When we finally got into our room we called down to bell services and asked them to bring our luggage as well as our Dizzy Dolphin order. They brought the luggage but said they did not have a grocery delivery for us. Needless to say I was a bit panicked. It was just after 5pm on a Sunday. We had dining reservations at 6:30 and I really wasn't expecting to be able to reach anyone at DDD until the next day. I checked on their website and got 2 phone numbers to try anyway. First number I called no one answered so I left a message. The second number was answered right away. I told them what bell services had told me and she reassured me she had indeed left our order personally. She even told me exactly where she put our order down to the rack/shelf number and where in the frig our stuff was. She even told me exactly how many bags were on the rack/shelf and how many were in the frig. She told me to call bell services again with that information and if they still were unable to find our order she would personally call the manager and talk to him/her. So I did as she said and bell services said they would look again in the areas I told them to look and call me back. I got that phone call with apologies and was told they were bringing it right up. I called DDD back and the lady I spoke to was so nice and relieved. She told me she has had this happen before. It doesn't happen often but once in a while it does. She apologized for the confusion even though it was not her mistake. I was very impressed with how professional she was, how quickly she was willing to step in and take control and the fact that I was able to reach a person on a Sunday evening.

We are going back in July and again in December of this year and we WILL be using Dizzy Dolphin once again. We used to just do our grocery shopping ourselves to save some money, but the time saved is well worth the additional cost of having someone take care of this chore for us.

Thanks for much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have used them many times in the past and have been happy with the end result. The only thing I didnt like about DD was that I had to write in all the things I wanted instead of browsing through a list of available items- this might be the exact thing that people LOVE about DD (that you can order EXACTLY what you want). I much prefer browsing and comparing prices. The prices for the items were certainly higher than shopping yourself and there is also a $14 service fee plus we always leave a tip. The only reason we are done using them now is that they are tacking on a $10 EXTRA delivery fee for beer and wine, which used to be included in the normal $14 fee. That makes a $24 fee total plus tip. This is only my personal opinion but that is just too much for us to pay. We were never disappointed with any of our experiences with them, it just became a bit too much for delivery (for us) since we order beer/wine.

We used them last year, as we're both veggies we were able to order exactly what we wanted and from where we preferred them to purchase from. As we're in the UK we were able to do everything by email and pay by paypal. When we arrived at BWV all our order was waiting with bell services, I thought the price was reasonable & comparable with other delivery services. Not heard about the additional fee for alcohol. There also DVC members, have you checked their Facebook page.

They brought the luggage but said they did not have a grocery delivery for us. Needless to say I was a bit panicked. It was just after 5pm on a Sunday. We had dining reservations at 6:30 and I really wasn't expecting to be able to reach anyone at DDD until the next day. I checked on their website and got 2 phone numbers to try anyway. First number I called no one answered so I left a message. The second number was answered right away. I told them what bell services had told me and she reassured me she had indeed left our order personally. She even told me exactly where she put our order down to the rack/shelf number and where in the frig our stuff was. She even told me exactly how many bags were on the rack/shelf and how many were in the frig. She told me to call bell services again with that information and if they still were unable to find our order she would personally call the manager and talk to him/her. So I did as she said and bell services said they would look again in the areas I told them to look and call me back. I got that phone call with apologies and was told they were bringing it right up. I called DDD back and the lady I spoke to was so nice and relieved. She told me she has had this happen before. It doesn't happen often but once in a while it does. She apologized for the confusion even though it was not her mistake. I was very impressed with how professional she was, how quickly she was willing to step in and take control and the fact that I was able to reach a person on a Sunday evening.
We had the same exact experience with our first order with the same impressive customer service by the owner who knew exactly where our grocery bags had been left and once I told bell services they were able to locate the order and bring to our room.

We used them on subsequent trips because of their customer service. Also, each time DD included a very small first aid kit and some kind of small gift i.e. water bottle, novelty item. Which I thought was a very nice touch. The prices are expensive but inline with the other grocery services we have used over the last decade while at WDW. I very much like the service at Dizzy Dolphin.

The only reason we are done using them now is that they are tacking on a $10 EXTRA delivery fee for beer and wine, which used to be included in the normal $14 fee. That makes a $24 fee total plus tip. This is only my personal opinion but that is just too much for us to pay. We were never disappointed with any of our experiences with them, it just became a bit too much for delivery (for us) since we order beer/wine.

I did not know about the additional delivery $10 fee for beer and wine and I definitely do not like this at all. Agree $24 is too much for us to pay for delivery. I don't know if any of the other delivery services are also doing this, but I definitely will reconsidering using DD going forward because of the extra charge. Seems like they are now using a local provider called Total Wine and once the order has been placed for alcohol it cannot be changed. I know previously you could change alcohol orders because we have in the past. However from their Web page it seems Total Wine is now taking care of the liquor delivery so I guess the extra fee makes sense, but considering it was including in the prior delivery charge, this change is enough to make me not want to use them going forward. It feels to me like a step backwards in terms of services provided.

So if there is no liquor in the order I would not hesitate to recommend their service. For me on our next trip I will have to reevaluate, since we typically order beer/wine we likely will be going elsewhere from now on.

I’m with the poster who does not like having to list all the items one wants to order. I’m in Canada and don’t have access to the same packaging as what is in the US. Putting together an order involves going on the Pubkix website and looking up each item I want to get sizing info. Very aggravating when I am doing a massive order for a two week vacation where we cook a full meal, snacks and breakfast every day. I never did get the order put together. Not sure who I’ll use going forward as Garden Grocer is ridiculously expensive now. Leaning towards renting a car for the day and just doing it myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter