Opinions on Diamond Horseshoe

nikjd68

Mouseketeer
DMiL loves LTT. It is one of her favorite restaurants in WDW. We are doing it on our next trip. I am looking for a meal for the last day of our trip. We will be checking out of the Poly, going to MK and coming back for DME mid-afternoon. I am looking to do a TS meal. We will have already done Ohana and BOG lunch, and Skipper Canteen at that point. I am looking for something we have never done, or something fun. I have booked Chef Mickey's brunch, but the mediocre reviews have me changing my thoughts. We have never done Diamond Horseshoe. It seems to be the BBQ version of LTT. Thoughts? Ideas?

TIA!!!

I've not been but here is an older review from last year. It doesn't get a lot of love on the boards, either.
http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/diamond-horseshoe-table-service-dinner-review/

Is your party large or big eaters? I'm going to try to get the Pecos Bill secret nacho thing. CMs make a big deal and are there for service, there are certificates for the kids, you get refills. Not TS if you're looking to use a credit though.

I've enjoyed The Wave because it's soooo calm after all of the stimulation. Loved it on our departure day. Another option may be GFC and enjoying the GF lobby.

DMiL loves LTT. It is one of her favorite restaurants in WDW. We are doing it on our next trip. I am looking for a meal for the last day of our trip. We will be checking out of the Poly, going to MK and coming back for DME mid-afternoon. I am looking to do a TS meal. We will have already done Ohana and BOG lunch, and Skipper Canteen at that point. I am looking for something we have never done, or something fun. I have booked Chef Mickey's brunch, but the mediocre reviews have me changing my thoughts. We have never done Diamond Horseshoe. It seems to be the BBQ version of LTT. Thoughts? Ideas?

TIA!!!
Kona

We ate at Diamond Horseshoe on our NYE trip. I can't understand why it gets slagged on the boards so much. We really enjoyed it. Food was good and quantities were plentiful, although the atmosphere was a little generic and boring. I'd eat there again.

Diamond horseshoe is kind of a BBQ version of liberty tree. The turkey and pot roast are probably exactly the same. (I know some restaurants share kitchens, not certain that this one does, but it does seem likely since they both serve pot roast!). And the s'mores brownie is almost as good as ooey gooey toffee cake.

But I like the all you can eat BBQ at Whispering Canyon better. And the boat ride to wilderness lodge is a nice way to escape the bustle of the day. Check it out.

Diamond Horseshoe is one of my faves. When DH and I ate there last November, they had some delicious s'mores for dessert. But, I would only want to eat there if I was starving because of the amount of food they give you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter