Opinions on cleanliness of rooms...

While my room has never been ready before 4PM (with the exception of this last trip) it has always been very clean. I've never been disappointed when I walk in!

In all of our trips to Disney (WDW, DL, DCL) room have always been clean.

. . . general decline, but I think our keeping in contact with management and politely asking for issues to be taken care of, we can raise the standard again. There are a lot of positive argument for why there may be a decline as well as arguments about some of us being too picky . . . maybe like Maistre Gracey's Queen Bee and me.

The facts are true though that simply being polite and asking for things to be re-done does the trick. On the other hand, I'm not paying what I'm paying or paid to be a member to have to do this on ANY sort of regular basis. Everyone makes mistakes and stuff happens so once in a while it's okay.

The other problem is that you feel like a complainer and feel like a difficult guest if you call to request the something be re-done. I don't like being put in the position to feel that way . . . especially at the world that makes me feel so special, I don't want to have to make someone else feel badly for how they did their job . . . or didn't do it as the case may be.

Ah well. It will all come out in the wash. Ha, ha!

We stayed at BCV's 3 month's after they opened. The bathroom had brown spots around the toilet and on the wall next to the toilet. We did not want our kids in there until it was clean. Housekeeping was less than responsive. I called 4 times and talked to the CM at the front desk 2 times. They came and gave us more towels but did not address the bathroom. I called the manager on duty and asked her to come to the room. She promptly came to the room and was very apologetic. She called someone and then came back herself. We were surprised the next day when they came to give us VIP service which we did not ask for or even expect. I told them it was not necessary but they insisted.

It is nice to get the VIP treatment but I would much rather just check-in to a room that is clean and ready to go. The time to stop, make phone calls, check to see if they came back shouldn't happen.

Kim

I have to ask. What was the VIP service. I agree that you'd have preferred it the right way first, but I'm curious about the VIP stuff.

We stayed at Boardwalk Villas last month, and the whirlpool tub had dirt stains running down from each jet. We called housekeeping, they sent someone to inspect it, then she sent someone to clean it. It was obviously missed when the room was cleaned before check-in. We have never cleaned the whirlpool before taking a bath there but this time I made sure to run some automatic dishwasher detergent through it for a few minutes!

I have to say, I'm starting to look a lot more closely at the cleanliness of the rooms, but I really believe that DVC rooms are no more clean or dirty than any other hotel rooms. They definitely aren't as clean as if I were doing it myself, but a phone call to housekeeping usually puts it right. :)

Great job by the staff but then im only human myself.If I have a problem I ask them to help me and they do A+ job on making things perfect.

I deal with people every day on a personal level so im understanding what they do that's why I leave them my thanks.
tiggerguy2000

As for the trend of negative reports on this board about cleanliness, I think TIdoublegaER is 100% correct....

I think when people post trip reports (I am the same way), you tend to point of all of the little negatives and pass over the positives.

Something like a clean room is not noteworthy...it is to be expected and therefore not worth mentioning in a report.

This topic seems to cycle around every once in a while, and I remember the last time when a lot of new members were getting very nervous about the decline in room cleanliness.

I put a poll out there and well over 90% of the time, people were having no cleanliness problems when checking into their rooms. I think the final number was closer to 95%.

We've been lucky...3 for 3 in the cleanliness department. :)

I used to get nervous about how clean the rooms would be after reading the perodic posts.
5 stays later and our only problem was....
a burnt out light bulb at the WL.
I can deal with that! :D

When I stay at Dvc OKW mostly 2 bedroom is usually very clean and everything is in it's place. I had one visit in 00 where the guest before me left a cookie sheet with burnt pizza in the oven. I called housekeeping and they took it out and replace it with a clean one. I do notice that in the bathroom particularly in the shower there is always some residue of hair and dust. I am very fussy about the shower so it may be me over reacting. I would like housekeeping to be a little more attentive to the bathroom.

Our DVC membership is approx 5 yrs old and we experienced one small problem at VB. We checked in to find housekeeping still cleaning the room. We asked if we could leave our luggage in the room while we drove around and explored the area, the maid said no problem.

About 15 minutes later the manager called us and was very apologetic and offered us another room. We declined but appreciated the call for such a minor problem.

Our last two vacations at the BWV, we received phone calls (about an hour after check in) asking us if the room was OK. Disney service has always been great. If I do need something, I always get the persons name I speak with. It saves time if you have to follow up and provides personal accountability.

I bet if we polled every DVC owner who has stayed at BCV since it opened July 1, 2002, you will find only the one used bandaid left on the floor. That's 434 days, with how many rooms? Housekeeping, except for a few minor problems, is good at all the DVC resorts. It's cleaner than my house, especially since I have a dog that shedding right now.

VIP was what the work order(I don't know what else to call it) said. The housekeeper had a clipboard. She basically went through the whole room(1br villa) and cleaned everything, replentished, changed all the bedding, left extra towels, etc. She was very throrough. We checked on a Sat. didn't get management involved until Sun. and Monday morning was when they went through the room. They did clean the bathroom Sun. night though. Then Tues. they still did trash and towel service plus floors, beds, and if I remember correctly, the dishes. They might have even came later in the week for another trash and towel. Its like they went overboard.

I just want and expect to check-in to a clean room. I'm on vacation and do not want to go through the aggrivation to get something for free. That takes too much energy!

Kim

I'm just surprised that WDW doesn't run out of people to hire.
Does anyone know their hiring criteria? Do they have access to having criminal histories run on prospective employees?

In our thirty-something visits, mostly to OKW, we've had few problems. Once the housekeeping was sloppily done - rings on the table, fingerprints in all the windows and TV. This was not corrected without repeated calls to housekeeping. Very annoying, but not a show-stopper.

The second problem was a totally trashed 1-br. Not just dirty, but trashed. Broken blinds, hot tub full of permanent marker, light bulbs broken out of their sockets, wet floors, etc. That was a shock! (Must've been a heck of a party!) Turns out the room was supposed to be out of service due to the damage, but got assigned by mistake. We were moved immediately.

Other than the occasional burned out bulb or missing kitchen items, those are the only problems we've had, and we're very satisfied.

Not to get off the subject, but can you believe there would be people that disrespectful of property. That always blows me away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter