Opinions needed, going 10 days without EP!!!

Wow 10 days at USO? That’s to long.

We just came back from a 4 day trip and by day 3 we had did everything and were just re riding everything and trying to find new things to do. We did stay at RPB so has the express passes.

Why not split 6 at WDW and 4 at USO?
I disagree. WDW sometimes isn’t worth the hassle.

Why not rent a car and explore Orlando and its surrounding areas a bit? There's so much more to do down there than just the theme parks. Even a one day rental gets you out and about.

But I'm of the mind that if I've paid the airline a great deal of money to go somewhere then lets go see the area, who knows when we'll be back again. DH is of the feeling that we paid the airline a great deal of money so he can sit by the pool once we've hit the parks. There are always options.

We just came back from a 4 day trip and by day 3 we had did everything and were just re riding everything and trying to find new things to do. We did stay at RPB so has the express passes.

Why not split 6 at WDW and 4 at USO?

10 days is NOT too long for UO. We like the laid back feeling of no dining reservations we have to get to, or no Fast Pass Pluses we have to run across a park to make. We love the fact that at UO we can spend more than 1 day by the pool with adult beverages wondering where we might eat that night, or getting up later, because we don't have a Fast Pass we have to get to.

We love WDW, in fact my daughter works for WDW and she will be bringing us to EPCOT for a day while we are there, but this year we rather have the relaxing overall feel of UO. Plus next year we plan on doing something from our bucket list which is a visit to Disneyland. So we'll be getting our Disney fix then.

We did 4 days last week and 1/2 day was at the pool and we also had few days were we went back to relax for a few hrs. We had a relaxed trip with no rush.

I’m sorry but 10 days at UO is excessive. I cannot begin to imagine how one would do 10 days. We started to get board of going back to the same 2 parks around the 3rd day. UO and CityWalk aren’t that big for a 10 day trip unless u supplement offsite stuff like WDW, sea world, LEGO land etc...

10 days is NOT too long for UO. We like the laid back feeling of no dining reservations we have to get to, or no Fast Pass Pluses we have to run across a park to make. We love the fact that at UO we can spend more than 1 day by the pool with adult beverages wondering where we might eat that night, or getting up later, because we don't have a Fast Pass we have to get to.

We love WDW, in fact my daughter works for WDW and she will be bringing us to EPCOT for a day while we are there, but this year we rather have the relaxing overall feel of UO. Plus next year we plan on doing something from our bucket list which is a visit to Disneyland. So we'll be getting our Disney fix then.

Last edited:
We did 4 days last week and 1/2 day was at the pool and we also had few days were we went back to relax for a few hrs. We had a relaxed trip with no rushing. I’m sorry but 10 days at UO is excessive. I cannot begin to imagine how one would do 10 days. We started to get board of going back to the same 2 parks around the 3rd day. UO and CityWalk aren’t that big for a 10 day trip unless u supplement offsite stuff like WDW, sea world, LEGO land etc...

I guess you didn't read my post so let's just agree to disagree.

Ok. I was just giving you my recent experience from our trip last week. I did find it to be way more relaxed than WDW. We only planned 1 dinner. The unlimited express passes we’re great. Way better system than fp+

Anyways. I wish I could do a 10 day trip in general. Last year when I did WDW I was lucky to get a 6 day trip in. Longest trip we had since my honeymoon. Most our trips are fri-mon type due to my work.

I guess you didn't read my post so let's just agree to disagree.

Just glancing through the posts and 10 days I could not do

I usually book 14 - 15 nights and near the end of my stay wish I had booked a longer time period

I go solo and it’s a total relaxing vacation

For me, UO is more than a place than just doing rides

We did 4 days last week and 1/2 day was at the pool and we also had few days were we went back to relax for a few hrs. We had a relaxed trip with no rush.

I’m sorry but 10 days at UO is excessive. I cannot begin to imagine how one would do 10 days. We started to get board of going back to the same 2 parks around the 3rd day. UO and CityWalk aren’t that big for a 10 day trip unless u supplement offsite stuff like WDW, sea world, LEGO land etc...

I think we should all be careful of making blanket statements about how people will experience a park. When giving advice, it's important to think about each individual family's make up, touring style, vacation goals, etc.

I spend a good bit of time on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board, and there is a wide range of vacation styles represented there. Some people go to Orlando, stay in a timeshare for a week or two, and almost never leave the resort. Now, if a family can happily spend a week at Orange Lake without setting foot in a park, I'm sure there are many families quite capable of enjoying 10 days at a UO resort, especially with tickets to the parks.

If you're someone who goes to Orlando for the rides, I can see how 10 days at UO would seem excessive. When I went with my two older kids, we had EP, and after the second day of hitting the parks hard from early opening to close, it felt like we'd basically "done" UO. It was a 4 day trip, so the next two days were spent revisiting our favorites and enjoying the pool, especially the lazy river at CB. We had a great time, and I sometimes wonder what that trip would have evolved into if it had been longer. Would we have slowed down and enjoyed resort hopping or would we have become bored? I don't know, but I do know that there was a nice shift into a more relaxed vacation mode around day 3.

The good news is that Orlando has a thriving pool of uber/lyft drivers, and other Orlando attractions like Sea World don't require planning and are easy to access, if OP's family starts thinking they've had too much UO. It also sounds like OP's family has a CM at Disney, so if they want to do more than their one planned day at Epcot they can. No reason they can't use SF as home base, even if they decide they want to do other things.

Since this is the forum for universal Orlando, many questions are presented for doing this with our help and suggestions

When some posts are about other parks, it is personal opinions which the op was already aware of

He and his family do other theme parks in Orlando but is asking for specifics for UO

He was very up front about that

OP is very experienced with nearly all the Orlando parks and entertainment and enjoys them all but his upcoming trip is dedicated to UO

That's your opinion. We did 8 days in December, we're doing a short 7 night stay in September, then we're back in December for 12. No such thing as 'too' long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter