Opinions? ADRs

Octoberbaby

DIS Veteran
I made these reservations back in October. They have been changed several times since then! So far this is the lineup and it is firm. What do you guys think?

Saturday: Akershus (dinner)
Sunday: Cape May Cafe (dinner)
Monday: Ohana (dinner)
Tuesday: Chef Mickey's (Bfast)
Wednesday:BOG (dinner)
Thursday:T-Rex (dinner)
Friday: Boma (dinner)

I had reservations for 1900, Portobellos, Planet Hollywood, and Whispering Canyon Cafe but replaced them! Over time the menu for those seemed more and more gross. :sick: I do love Ohana even though everyone isn't happy about menu changes.

I made these reservations back in October. They have been changed several times since then! So far this is the lineup and it is firm. What do you guys think?

Saturday: Akershus (dinner)Never Been But Have Heard Great Things
Sunday: Cape May Cafe (dinner)This Dinner Was Great, Especially The All You Can Eat Clams :thumbsup2
Monday: Ohana (dinner) Have Been Many Times And It Is Definitely Very Good, We Are Going Again, In 2 Weeks!
Tuesday: Chef Mickey's (Bfast) Same Answer As "Ohana :)
Wednesday:BOG (dinner) I Have Never Been, But I Sure Did Try To Get A ADR...Was Unsuccessful
Thursday:T-Rex (dinner)Stopped In Last Year For Build A Dino And A Cocktail, We Are Having Dinner Here In 2 Weeks..Food Smelled Good & Atmosphere Was Awesome!
Friday: Boma (dinner)Stayed At AKL Before And Though We Did Not Eat Hear, I Wish I Did Because It Looked/Smelled Amazing!

I had reservations for 1900, Portobellos, Planet Hollywood, and Whispering Canyon Cafe but replaced them! Over time the menu for those seemed more and more gross. :sick: I do love Ohana even though everyone isn't happy about menu changes.

All in All I think your ADR's Look Good! :thumbsup2 Enjoy :wave2:

Saturday: Akershus (dinner) I also have heard great things, but I have never experienced it myself. I'd like to try it, too.
Sunday: Cape May Cafe (dinner) I enjoyed this. We had a large group of 18, and there were lots of choices for everyone, even those who didn't like seafood. The food on the buffet was tasty and fresh, and we loved the unlimited crab legs. I like the easy-going, beachy atmosphere and decor. The service was not the best, and I am thankful that we didn't have to wait on our server for food, only drinks. Over all, it was a very nice experience and I'd go again.
Monday: Ohana (dinner) Love. It. :lovestruc It is our favorite!
Tuesday: Chef Mickey's (Bfast) We had a couple bad experiences here with rude and just plain bad service, so we took it off our ADR rotation. The kids begged to go back on this past trip, so we gave it another try. I'm so glad we did! Breakfast was delicious and fun. The only (very) small complaint I have is that we had to wait about 45 minutes past our ADR time. No big deal and the staff was turning tables as quickly as they could
Wednesday:BOG (dinner) Haven't been to dinner here, but lunch was fantastic! Of the 3 rooms, the West Wing is my favorite.
Thursday:T-Rex (dinner) I didn't love this. Unfortunately, I didn't even like it. Our food was equal to an average Applebee's...which in my book means not bad, but I can cook better food at home. The prices seemed extraordinarily high, but I guess you are paying for the experience. The worst part was the exceptionally high noise level. I am a middle school band/chorus/drumming teacher, and even my nerves couldn't take it. This doesn't mean you won't enjoy T-Rex. There are lots and lots of people who disagree with me and absolutely love it, and I hope you will be one of them.
Friday: Boma (dinner) I have never been here, but it is high on my list of places to try.The buffet choices seem exotic and fun.

Akershus: one of our favorites. We love the meal here. In fact, the mushroom pasta I had here on our last trip was my favorite meal. We love the cold buffet they offer before your meal. Great character interaction and neat castle feel. My girls actually prefer Akershus to CRT. Works for me...much cheaper and the food is much better at Akershus.

Cape May Cafe: never eaten here

'Ohana: another of our favorites, probably our most favorite restaurant at WDW. Delicious meal and a fun Hawaiian atmosphere; my girls love the Hawaiian dances they teach them, the coconut broom races, and the leis they pass out.

Chef Mickeys: my girls love breakfast here. Good food (I prefer the food at Crystal Palace) and fun characters & atmosphere (although we prefer the food at CP, we like the characters & atmosphere much better at Chef Mickeys). It's my oldest daughter's favorite. Glad you chose breakfast...dinner here is dreadful, and I'm not picky.

BOG: never been yet, but anxious to. Friends of ours recently went, and they said the setting is beautiful and the food was delicious. They highly recommended it.

T-Rex: never been

Boma: ate there for the first time on our last trip and we were highly impressed. They have a large variety to please everyone. They had food that appealed to the more adventurous eater (my husband) and milder things for the rest of us. Huge variety, tasty food, and neat setting. If you're not staying at AKL, make sure to take time before or after your meal to see the animals at the various lookout areas at the resort. Wonderful!!!

I think you've picked some good restaurants. Enjoy!

Not a Cape May fan, but overall your picks look good. Personally I would have kept 1900 over Cape May.

Forgot to mention...in case you change your decision again (been there, done that), we love 1900 PF for dinner. Some of the reviews had me nervous, and I was tempted to ditch our reservation there. So glad I didn't! It's one my family's favorites that we repeat now. Food is very good (fresh fruit, lots of pastas & various salads, carved meat station, and there's a chef station where they will make fresh pasta with the ingredients you choose and many more food options), large variety (much better than most buffets), and the character interaction is the absolute best on property.

Thanks guys! So helpful! I may end up changing again...lol. And I will def keep 1900 in mind.

Looks good to me. I haven't been to some of them but BOG, Chef Mickey's and Akershus were great and I did not like 1900 so that was a good switch I think. :) Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter