Open "secret"

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Seems as though the "secret deck" isn't such a secret anymore. We picked our stateroom (7629) for both the access to the back deck & elevators and well as for anticipated relative quiet. I am a very light sleeper & starting to worry about a steady of stream of folks going back & forth in a noisy fashion.

Since we haven't cruised before, I'm unsure of the sound-proofing of the inside cabins. Guess I'll pack earplugs, am I going to be disappointed? TIA

The secret deck 7 area is closed at 10:30 or 11:00pm. They lock the door and nobody can go out there.

Ginny :cutie:

gdulaney said:
The secret deck 7 area is closed at 10:30 or 11:00pm. They lock the door and nobody can go out there.

Ginny :cutie:
Great - don't think we'll be down that early!

Just wondering, in general, other than connecting rooms...are the cabins fairly soundproof/quiet?

keishashadow said:
Great - don't think we'll be down that early!

Just wondering, in general, other than connecting rooms...are the cabins fairly soundproof/quiet?

We had the same cabin, 7629, on the Wonder and have booked it again on the Magic for March 2006 - we never heard any noise from adjacent rooms - much perhaps depends on the person in the adjacent rooms -

It depends a lot on your neighbors, although I don't consider the staterooms to be as well soundproofed as typical hotel rooms. That's why I like stateroom 5650...there is only a neighbor on one side, and it's so far aft that people rarely venture that far back. But once or twice, we've had people down the hall that loved to run back and forth while yelling etc...very rare for that area, but it happens. Overall, I think aft is the best area.
Barb

Oops, forgot to mention...
Bring white noise machine...it works wonders!
Barb

its a little round machine that you often see outside of doctor's or therapists office that create "white noise" like a low static noise that prevents others from hearing whats going on inside the room

fcrouch said:
We had the same cabin, 7629, on the Wonder and have booked it again on the Magic for March 2006 - we never heard any noise from adjacent rooms - much perhaps depends on the person in the adjacent rooms -
I'm glad to finally hear from someone who has stayed in this cabin...since we had to downgrade.

inkkognito, you're certainly right, in general "It depends alot on your neighbors" I'd like to ship one set of mine on a permanent cruise; then I wouldn't need one LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter