Oops, room mistake?

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
We are first time cruisers for next April, on the Wish, and my MIL really wanted one of the bumped out verandahs. Unfortunately the only ones we could get, I just realized, are under the pool on deck 10, and now I'm worried about noise.

Have we made a huge mistake? My TA is an avid Disney cruiser and didn't steer us away...

Ask your MIL if a bumped out Verandah is worth the chance of being in a noisy cabin (early morning). And you might be the ones who aren’t bothered by the chairs being moved. It’s also a possibility the new ship has better soundproofing. Obviously, those cabins exist and people stay in them.

No one will know until the first cruises are completed. Agree with @auntlynne that there could be newer soundproofing technology now.

I would switch rooms to another floor if I were you. The noise is the obvious issue, but also if you look at pictures you’ll see there is a large overhang on deck 10 that may impair the view from the verandah.

I've stayed on the deck just below the pool deck on every cruise so far and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The noise complaints are vastly overstated. If you're a very light sleeper and you can't wear ear plugs or run a white noise machine of any kind, then you might be troubled for about 30 minutes in the morning. Otherwise, there isn't any noise to worry about.

Besides that, we don't know anything about the soundproofing on the new ship. And, it looks like the bumpout rooms aren't really under the busy parts of the pool deck where they'll be moving chairs around in the morning. The first bump is to the sides of the funnel vision and the other is to the sides of the midship elevators and bathrooms. These are more likely to be walking areas than lounging areas. There might be some chairs and tables in these locations, but probably not the pool chairs that they're always moving around.

I don't know if the new ship has the same overhang that the other ships have, but it really doesn't block the view of anything unless you're trying to stargaze from your verandah. And, it protects from wind and rain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter