ooops, I didn't mean to send that to you

china mom

DIS Veteran
If you receive a text meant for someone else, do you ignore it, respond to let them know they sent it to you by mistake, or go on Disboards and talk about it?

I was texting back and forth with my Doctor's assistant/nurse/tech (not really sure her title) and she was updating me on the status of my insurance approval for a new medicine. I responded to her text and then received a text clearly meant for her mother (unless her new nickname for me is "Mom").

I hesitated and then responded with a joke about not being her mother. She has not texted back. The information she shared was something that should not have been shared with a patient (but nothing confidential).

Would you have ignored it and let them realize it on their own or would you have said something?

I don't think so. Because what if it was important to her mom ..you did the right thing
It wasn't important to her Mom...it was her venting about her boss. I'm sure she's mortified and maybe even a little worried that I might say something to him (I won't).

• Haha
Reactions: GAN

Her mind is probably going a million miles an hour about how to handle it if she said something about her boss. I'm always trying to put people at ease, I'd probably follow up with something like "mums the word though, so this goes no further than me".
I'm sure it was. The Dr. and I go way back and our visits usually extend into other chit chat after treatment so I'm sure she is concerned where my loyalties lie. BTW, it is with her. She is the glue that keeps the office together.

Odd aside... I had noticed that he never charges me a co-pay but didn't really think anything of it until one time the receptionist specifically mentioned that they were told not to charge me. I can't figure out if is because he thinks I can't afford it (but that doesn't make sense because we talk real estate all the time so he knows I'm not broke) or is it because he misdiagnosed me a couple of years ago and feels bad about it. Or, maybe he's afraid I was going to sue him for the mis-diagnosis - which I would not do. I am afraid to ask him about it.

It wasn't important to her Mom...it was her venting about her boss. I'm sure she's mortified and maybe even a little worried that I might say something to him (I won't).
At this point I’d just send a quick text:

Since this text wasn’t for me, the details have left my mind. Have a good day :)

I would only respond if I knew the person and had a history of text exchanges. (I don't delete most text exchanges.)

I once had a message left on machine, Mrs. Smith, Dr Jones won't be in tomorrow for your 2 pm appointment, can you come in on Thursday? I did call the dr office back. Didn't want Mrs. Smith making a trip for nothing.

I would only respond if I knew the person and had a history of text exchanges. (I don't delete most text exchanges.)
We do text back and forth about my medical treatment. I can't get past the front desk to communicate with my doctor so I text her and she relays the message and then replies with his response. Sometimes we throw a cute joke in there about him, or the office staff or about me not charging her for pictures of my feet. We are not friends but we are friendly.

We do text back and forth about my medical treatment. I can't get past the front desk to communicate with my doctor so I text her and she relays the message and then replies with his response. Sometimes we throw a cute joke in there about him, or the office staff or about me not charging her for pictures of my feet. We are not friends but we are friendly.
I saw that in your original post. I was responding to your question in the same post.

I always let someone know that I got a text that’s clearly for someone else.

I text them….Hey there…..you sent me this ⬆️ by mistake. I hope all is well 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter