Ooige Boogie Popcorn bucket - all the questions

Raya

DIS Veteran
Good morning!
Friends have seen the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket online, and I've been asked to get a few while we visit the parks. I'm hoping someone can answer a few questions:

1) is it possible to buy a popcorn bucket without popcorn?

2) is there a box (like perhaps the one the buckets come in) I could ask for to ship them home?

3) are they Halloween party exclusive?

4) are they annual pass holder exclusives?

5) how big are they?

6) where are they sold?

7) when do they start selling popcorn?

Thank you!

Good morning!
Friends have seen the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket online, and I've been asked to get a few while we visit the parks. I'm hoping someone can answer a few questions:

1) is it possible to buy a popcorn bucket without popcorn?

2) is there a box (like perhaps the one the buckets come in) I could ask for to ship them home?

3) are they Halloween party exclusive?

4) are they annual pass holder exclusives?

5) how big are they?

6) where are they sold?

7) when do they start selling popcorn?

Thank you!
Hello,
I can help with some of the questions. We were there last Friday for the first official day of Halloween and they sold out in the evening. The next day we saw a line for the Popcorn cart first thing in the morning near the Haunted Mansion and they were restocked. They are available outside of the Halloween parties and you do not have to have an annual pass! We hopped in line and a few of us got one while we could. They are pretty big, about 12ish inches, although they can hang on your neck they became a pain to haul around after a few hours (but worth it :)).

When we bought them we asked for the popcorn on the side...I thought I heard the girl at the cart tell someone they had to give them the popcorn but I could have heard wrong (you could always ask for it on the side and give it away if you didn't want it). I saw them at the popcorn cart near the haunted mansion at Disneyland and at the popcorn cart by the Headless Horseman and one over on the Pier in the California Park.

As far as shipping goes I'm not sure if Disneyland will provide you with a box but we stayed at the Grand last Christmas and I may have bought a few too many ornaments. With all of the protective paper there was no way I was stuffing those things in my carry on. I went down to the business center at the hotel and they provided a box, added peanuts and we shipped them back home.

Have fun, the Halloween stuff (especially in the California Park) is awesome this year!

1)I would think so...that being said, when I bought one yesterday, they were puttingthe popcorn in the regular carton and handing that to guests (so no popcorn in Oogie, which is probably better because he'd be tough to wash).

2) No, they come in boxes of 12. Also some carts get them already out of the box.

3) No. The NOS cart is the only location in DL. The line is huge (it was almost back to the HM FP distribution entrance this morning). They're at most of the carts in DCA, but the lines are also long. Basically, be ready to wait 30+ minutes...and don't wait until the end of the day (they do runout).

4) No. See previous answer.

5) About 12 to 15 inches and probably about 8 inches wide. I didn't measure it, but it's pretty big.

6) See answer to 3

7) Mid-morning. I think the NOS stand opened around 9:00 this morning (park opened at 8). Not sure about DCA. There were about 10 people in line before the cart opened.

30 minute waits? Sounds like getting a refillable AP bucket may not be worth it this trip as we won't be able to refill our buckets without long lines...

30 minute waits? Sounds like getting a refillable AP bucket may not be worth it this trip as we won't be able to refill our buckets without long lines...
The only carts with long waits are the ones that sell Oogie and once he is sold out for the day those lines are normal as well.

We were also there the first Friday of the Halloween season, and stood in line for popcorn. We didn't want the Oogie Boogie containers, just one box of popcorn as DH doesn't normally eat popcorn.. The lovely lady ahead of us ordered 2 Oogie Boogies, then turned and offered one of the boxes of popcorn to us, as she could only eat one. So DH and I each had our own, which turned out to be a good thing because it was fabulous popcorn!!!!

I did overhear one of the young ladies working at the cart telling another that they only had 300 to last the day and they were going fast. This was fairly early - probably around 10:30 or 11 a.m.

Just FYI they are/were limiting them to one per transaction so if you were wanting more than one you’ll need someone else in line with you and they will need to pay for it separately. This was on Sunday, so the limit may or may not be enforced moving forward.

They were not enforcing any limits on the morning of Friday, the 15th. When we were in line, and it wasn't a very long line at the time, there were a couple of people who ordered 2 each. I guess they must have done that after they saw how fast they went.

Tonight (Friday, 9/22), the limit in DCA was 2 buckets per person. Carthay Circle cart sold out. Paradise Pier had buckets at 9 pm, but the line was an hour long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter